7railer 7hread 7

SpaceChampion

The cast looks really good in this, but that teaser looks horrible.  It is listed as a "comedy, adventure, action" on Amazon, so maybe the person who cut the teaser got the tone wrong?

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

40 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

The humorous parts seem great. I say dispense with the villain and make a movie just about symbiotic relationship of Eddie and Venom.

On the bright side, they got a less cheap looking wig for Woody Harrelson this time 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

This looks just.. just perfect. I love everything about it.

Had to look up to see what David Lowery had done before, but he’s the guy who did A Ghost Story and Upstream Color and so i am absolutely sold!

( oh he was only the editor on upstream color, doesn’t matter, anyone close to that movie is a winner to me)

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

This looks just.. just perfect. I love everything about it.

Had to look up to see what David Lowery had done before, but he’s the guy who did A Ghost Story and Upstream Color and so i am absolutely sold!

( oh he was only the editor on upstream color, doesn’t matter, anyone close to that movie is a winner to me)

A24 just does it again. If they'd slap their logo on old episodes of Girls of the Playboy Mansion and bring it to the theatre I'd probably still go and expect some twist. It's really by far the most interesting studio in Hollywood at the moment.

Not sure what to make of this one. It's got the pedigree to be great. But it was originally supposed to be a holiday release last year, and rather than wait until this holiday season its coming out in July. And the trailer kind of makes it look like the Bourne movie, even though I'm pretty sure it's nothing of the sort.

Makes me worried this was supposed to be Oscar bait but it didn't quite work out and the studio is hoping for a quick summer buck to recoup costs.

18 minutes ago, Fez said:

Not sure what to make of this one. It's got the pedigree to be great. But it was originally supposed to be a holiday release last year, and rather than wait until this holiday season its coming out in July. And the trailer kind of makes it look like the Bourne movie, even though I'm pretty sure it's nothing of the sort.

Makes me worried this was supposed to be Oscar bait but it didn't quite work out and the studio is hoping for a quick summer buck to recoup costs.

Hmm, seems like a much-fictionalized version of the Amanda Knox story combined with Taken.

Maybe it's Taken without any particular set of skills? Not seeing any Jason Bourne or Taken in it besides the fact he's trying to figure some shit out... I mean, the one cut shows him getting his ass kicked.

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

A24 just does it again. If they'd slap their logo on old episodes of Girls of the Playboy Mansion and bring it to the theatre I'd probably still go and expect some twist. It's really by far the most interesting studio in Hollywood at the moment.

Why is a fox howling like a coyote or wolf?  Fox don't howl.  But then, they don't have human speech either.  :rofl:  What ya gonna do.  Fantasy.

21 hours ago, Mexal said:

Maybe it's Taken without any particular set of skills? Not seeing any Jason Bourne or Taken in it besides the fact he's trying to figure some shit out... I mean, the one cut shows him getting his ass kicked.

I mention Bourne just because that's the action franchise associated with Damon. To me, it looks like the trailer is trying to cash in on that connection rather than present what the movie actually is; which I suspect is a character study/drama inspired by Amanda Knox.

17 minutes ago, Ran said:

Not a trailer, but Hulu had suddenly announcedthat there'll be a second season of The Great. Gillian Anderson will be appearing on two episodes as Catherine's (Elle Fanning) mother.

Huzzah!

Huzah indeed! :D

8 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

I mean two trailers that fit together in one post well, why make a movie about fucking Snake Eyes period?  And a Roberto Baggio movie?  I get that was his nickname but that is also an incredibly stupid name for a non comedy movie.

My first reaction the Snake eyes trailer was ‘ugh, how generic, are they trying to squeeze more out of that franchise?’

second reaction was ‘ugh, another movie desperate to cash in on Asian market’

third reaction though: ‘Wait is that the guy who used to present the Travel show on the BBC playing Snake eyes?!’

It is.

Archived