7railer 7hread 7

SpaceChampion

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

My first reaction the Snake eyes trailer was ‘ugh, how generic, are they trying to squeeze more out of that franchise?’

second reaction was ‘ugh, another movie desperate to cash in on Asian market’

third reaction though: ‘Wait is that the guy who used to present the Travel show on the BBC playing Snake eyes?!’

It is.

My first reaction was "Stop trying to make GI Joe happen. It's not going to happen.":cool4:

16 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

My first reaction was "Stop trying to make GI Joe happen. It's not going to happen.":cool4:

Give it to Lord and Miller and let them make fun of the cartoon and the PSAs. Should really just be animated too. 

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Give it to Lord and Miller and let them make fun of the cartoon and the PSAs. Should really just be animated too. 

I'd give it to them and say make it like the cartoon; sound effects, costumes and everything.  But live action. 

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy seeing a ridiculous cartoon-in-reality take on the GI Joe show, complete with tanks politely waiting to explode until everyone cleared out, and over-the-top PSAs at the end about teamwork. Isn't that pretty much what the one with Joseph Gordon-Levitt was, though? I seem to recall thinking it was silly fun, if I tried pretending I was an 11 year old boy holding a Hasbro toy while watching it. "He's gonna be Destro!! BOOM! BZZZZ! KA POW!"

I don't remember a thing about the second one other than it having Bruce Willis in a GI Joe movie and somehow being incredibly forgettable.

18 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy seeing a ridiculous cartoon-in-reality take on the GI Joe show, complete with tanks politely waiting to explode until everyone cleared out, and over-the-top PSAs at the end about teamwork. Isn't that pretty much what the one with Joseph Gordon-Levitt was, though? I seem to recall thinking it was silly fun, if I tried pretending I was an 11 year old boy holding a Hasbro toy while watching it. "He's gonna be Destro!! BOOM! BZZZZ! KA POW!"

I don't remember a thing about the second one other than it having Bruce Willis in a GI Joe movie and somehow being incredibly forgettable.

Maybe it was I honestly forget that one but lean more into the sheer idiocy of it.  Like how Miller and Lord did with 21 jumpstreet.

I guess this is a trailer, maybe?

It's not a joke that the two of them (or maybe just Reynolds technically) do in fact own Wrexham FC; buying it last fall for 2 million pounds. And this trailer/announcement is for a 2 season order from FX of a docu-series of some sort. Not sure if there's any fiction element at all really or what the plan is. 

An all-star cast. A not-so-perfect heist. From Academy Award-winning director Steven Soderbergh, #NoSuddenMove premieres at the #TribecaFestival on June 18. Streaming on HBO Max July 1.

Set in 1954 Detroit, No Sudden Move stars Don Cheadle, Benicio Del Toro and David Harbour, with Ray Liotta, Jon Hamm, Amy Seimetz, Brendan Fraser, Kieran Culkin, Noah Jupe, Craig muMs Grant, Julia Fox, Frankie Shaw and Bill Duke. The plot centers on a group of small-time criminals who are hired to steal what they think is a simple document. When their plan goes horribly wrong, their search for who hired them – and for what ultimate purpose – weaves them through all echelons of the race-torn, rapidly changing city.

If this is "1954 Detroit" why are they playing a hit from 1964 (Nina Simone); Animals in UK (1965)?  It's like putting women in 4 - 5 inch stillettos, which didn't exist then, either (except, maybe, in professional doms' dungeons, which, did those exist in Detroit in 1954? Probably at least one or two).

On 5/21/2021 at 1:07 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Solid. Old school style trailer. Seeing Cheadle in that era clothing reminds me of his portrayal as Mouse in Devil in a Blue Dress.  

--------

In that crime noir vein, here's a modern take.

Archived