7railer 7hread 7

SpaceChampion

5 hours ago, Leofric said:

Wow, Michael Gandolfini looks so much like his father and Vera Famiga is going to be fun as Livia.

Her name is actually Livia?  Like the wife of Augustus Caesar?  I haven't watched Sopranos, just curious if there are parallels with I, Claudius.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

I haven't watched Sopranos

Something worth correcting before this comes out. 

Man they really nailed the casting for this. It was so good seeing fat italian guys laughing in the back room of Satriales again. 

Wasn't tony younger when the show flashed back to this exact summer and he followed his dad and sister to the carnival? 

Edit: it looks like it's set in two periods with two actors playing Tony and Janice. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that guy who wants to "do something" about Dickie in the trailer is not the "Jilly Riuffalo" who tony said was behind it. I always figured Tony lied about that.

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Her name is actually Livia?  Like the wife of Augustus Caesar?  I haven't watched Sopranos, just curious if there are parallels with I, Claudius.

I wasn't the only one who noticed:  https://conradbrunstrom.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/the-sopranos-and-i-claudius/

I find it interesting how much Vera Farmiga's Livia resembles Carmella. I'm guessing there's some intentionality there. 

Another interesting thing I've read, from critic Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter (who wrote a book about Sopranos a couple of years back), is the film will apparently be quite colourful in the 60s scenes, but colder looking during the 70s passages. 

Following a tragic car accident in Greece, Beckett, an American tourist, finds himself at the center of a dangerous political conspiracy – and on the run for his life.

Beckett is an upcoming action thriller film directed by Ferdinando Cito Filomarino and produced by Luca Guadagnino. The film stars John David Washington, Alicia Vikander, Boyd Holbrook, and Vicky Krieps.

Beckett is scheduled to have its world premiere at the Locarno Film Festival on August 4, 2021, and is scheduled to be released on August 13, 2021, by Netflix.

Vigil

From the makers of Line of Duty, Vigil looks set to be the big new summer crime drama in the UK.

And now the BBC has dropped a great new trailer.

Created by Tom Edge, it tells the story of the mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death on-board a Trident nuclear submarine, HMS Vigil, which brings the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services.

DCI Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) leads an investigation on land and at sea into a conspiracy that threatens the very heart of Britain’s nuclear deterrent.

Alongside Jones, the six-part series also stars Rose Leslie, Shaun Evans, Stephen Dillane, Daniel Portman, Anjli Mohindra, Paterson Joseph, Connor Swindells, Adam James, and Gary Lewis.

Baptiste | Series 2 Trailer

Tchéky Karyo resumes his role as retired police investigator Julien Baptiste alongside Fiona Shaw, who makes her debut appearance in the series as British Ambassador Emma Chambers, for a brand new gripping case which will take viewers into Budapest’s secretive and corrupt underworld.

Archived