7railer 7hread 7

SpaceChampion

Now that Fitzcarraldo is getting so much attention in the Watched thread, I think it is appropriate to share a trailer of the film that will undoubtedly surpass it as the ultimate ship-in-jungle movie:

EDIT: They even have Nazi's :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Now that Fitzcarraldo is getting so much attention in the Watched thread, I think it is appropriate to share a trailer of the film that will undoubtedly surpass it as the ultimate ship-in-jungle movie:

This is obviously the spiritual successor to the African Queen, updated for the modern audiences.

3 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Live. Die. Repeat. 

I guess I don't understand your comment. So you are glad the previous person used the name corporate suits came up with and not what the Director wanted it to be called?

31 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I guess I don't understand your comment. So you are glad the previous person used the name corporate suits came up with and not what the Director wanted it to be called?

No, I like the name it originally had.

Not the one they tried to rebrand it as to boost sales. 

8 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

No, I like the name it originally had.

Not the one they tried to rebrand it as to boost sales. 

......  neither of which is the title of the novel it was based on, All You Need Is Kill.

47 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Not going to lie, I was hoping for a "We are Werewolves, not swearwolves" spin-off from What We Do in the Shadows, but this looks really great in its own right. I'm not sure how to describe it, but this just looks... Coherent? Fun? All these things I should get from a movie but usually do not?

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

......  neither of which is the title of the novel it was based on, All You Need Is Kill.

Edge of Tomorrow is a better name though imo so glad they adapted it. 

5 hours ago, Leofric said:

This is obviously the spiritual successor to the African Queen, updated for the modern audiences.

Something inside me died reading this comment :crying: I must have watched this like a million times as a kid and let me tell you something sir, The Rock is no Katherine Hepburn nor can Emily Blunt hold a candle to Bogey despite the fact that I like her a lot (mostly thanks to Edge of Tomorrow)   

23 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Edge of Tomorrow is a better name though imo so glad they adapted it.

I remember when I went to the cinema for that the person selling the tickets said that every time someone asked for it they heard Edge of Tomato. It would still be a better title than Live, Die, Repeat which I think worked better as a tagline.

2 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Some serious Strange Days vibes in that one, except Jackman's not as hot as Ralph Fiennes was at the time of that film (to be fair, neither is Fiennes; time waits for no man).  (Linda insists on adding that Jackman never was, but that's neither here nor there.)

Plus some distinct noir notes, a hint of Vertigo and some John Woo gunplay action. Interesting. Bonus points for being set in a future Miami, perfect place to show off the effects of climate change.

I think the real problem with Edge of Tomorrow was the bad marketing of it and not the intuitiveness of the title. I only saw the movie in theaters because of the reviews in this forum (and the RT score). I don't think I even knew much about it other than thinking it was another Tom Cruise War of Worlds style generic summer blockbuster. The friend I made go with me had also very little knowledge of it despite being a decently avid movie fan.

12 hours ago, Ran said:

New animated movie from Netflix dropping soon. Uh...

God, I'm so ready for this XD This is one of those projects where you know there is no middle ground. It's either going to be horrid or great.

12 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

I would say it reminds me more of Inception. It has a bit of a Nolan vibe to it.

Very interested in this though and good to see Rebecca Ferguson again in something. I remember her in MI:5 and she really stole that film. Thought she'd blow up after that, but I can't claim that I remember a lot of big or prestigious films with her in it.

11 hours ago, WarGalley said:

I think the real problem with Edge of Tomorrow was the bad marketing of it and not the intuitiveness of the title. I only saw the movie in theaters because of the reviews in this forum (and the RT score). I don't think I even knew much about it other than thinking it was another Tom Cruise War of Worlds style generic summer blockbuster. The friend I made go with me had also very little knowledge of it despite being a decently avid movie fan.

Yeah, agreed. There is lot's of stuff with pretty generic titles that is popular. Edge of Tomorrow isn't even the worst offender.

It's mostly the marketing and the film wasn't helped by Cruise's previous pic which was also a sci-fi caper but of a far lower quality (Oblivion).

Archived