Renly in Dorne?

Orm

I am sorry if this had been discussed before but, 

"One year King Robert's brother came to visit and she did her best to seduce him, but she was half a girl and Lord Renly seemed more bemused than inflamed by her overtures" AFFC, The princess in the Tower.

What was Renly doing in Dorne?

24 minutes ago, Orm said:

I am sorry if this had been discussed before but, 

"One year King Robert's brother came to visit and she did her best to seduce him, but she was half a girl and Lord Renly seemed more bemused than inflamed by her overtures" AFFC, The princess in the Tower.

What was Renly doing in Dorne?

Vacationing with his squire, Ser Loras? I heard it's nice down there and they don't care who you sleep with. But I'm sure the real reason was some kind of diplomatic one to make sure everything was cool down there.

43 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Vacationing with his squire, Ser Loras? I heard it's nice down there and they don't care who you sleep with. 

Well when thinking about it, I found westeros to be a very tolerant place for it to be based on midieval Europe.....

Just remembering the parley with Stannis and Renly....

Stannis sure does make a joke of Renly for his homosexuality but he didn't seem that bothered by it.( And Stannis the Mannis is justice incarnate we are talking about).....

He frowns but it's not that big of a social taboo to him.....

48 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

But I'm sure the real reason was some kind of diplomatic one to make sure everything was cool down there.

That's the thing...... Baratheons and Martells aren't supposed to be cool after what happened at KL. At least in that generation, no?

Archived