NFL 2020: Beckham and The Brownies

l2 0 5 5

Lions D sucking against Packers per usual.

Tis exciting to see A.Peterson still has plenty of speed and agility.

He's 21 carries and 134 yards through first 7 quarters for Detroit. Still some 4th quarter football left so maybe he'll add to that yet. 

Will be fun having a real RB in town for once, if nothing else.

58 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still have no idea why they extended Kirk's contract....

And no, we're going to be last in the division if this is who we are.

The Colts are a garbage defense with a noodle armed QB. The Vikings are a 6 win team. Fucking gross.

5 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The Atlanta Clippers. Dan Quinn's seat is hotter than Melisandre right now.

That crazy bitch never firebombed her own side like Dan Quinn does to the Falcons. My god. 

At what point does incompetence end and criminality begin?

25 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The Colts are a garbage defense with a noodle armed QB. The Vikings are a 6 win team. Fucking gross.

I’m having a hard time thinking of 6 teams they can beat, especially with half their games in an empty dome.

Bears win again.  I know you’re all quaking with fear.  But after cruising to 17-0 in the first half, they barely held on for a 17-13 win against a poor Giants team that had lost Barkley to injury.  Like the Lions last week, the Giants had a decent shot at a game-winning drive in the final two minutes.

The first interception was a good defensive play rather than an error by Mitch, and he did throw for two TDs, the second of which was a good read even if it was an ugly wobbler of a throw.  But there was a second interception and a couple of lucky escapes beyond that.  

Atlanta next week will be a very high hurdle for this team, despite what the respective records say. 

Unreal choke by the Falcons. Great resolve by the Cowboys! Pretty much locking a 6 team parlay I took. Just need a Chiefs win!

Steelers let the Broncos back in it. Pretty bad Broncos side too, and without Lock as the Dupree sack/fumble knocked him out of the game in the first quarter. We got a ton of pressure on the QB today. Watt and Heyward in particular. Dupree is in 'playing awesome for a contract' mode for the second straight year. We had some lapses in the third quarter but were able to hang on and get a late 4th down stop. 

The offense played pretty well. I'm a 7/10 concerned about the offensive line at this point (injuries) but they held up well today. Conner was strong, and almost took a 70 yarder in for a TD in the last minute of the game before tiring out. Claypool with another huge play on an 84 yard TD. I'd like to see him get more reps. He's impressed greatly in the first two games but doesn't see the field often floating in the WR4 area. 

On to the Texans next. Hopefully they can surprise the Ravens today. 

I didn't realize Kevin Harlan called NFL games for CBS. They have far and away the best play by play announcers.

Nantz, Eagle, Harlan, and Gumbel. Would gladly listen to any of them call a game. 

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

And thats the end of that. Saw three Atl plays, one td to Ridley after the Dak fumble. Then did some stuff, saw Zeke fumble and three plays later a 42 yard td w no Cowboy in the same time zone. 

And then Dalton Schultz fumbled on the next drive which set up another Atlanta score. That was my cue to switch over to the Law and Order marathon while I played Civ 4. Apparently Dallas then tried a fake punt deep within their own territory and failed. Atlanta was up 29-10 at the half, Mike McCarthy was getting killed on Twitter... and then the Falcons went Falcons. Dallas outscored them 30-10 in the second half including 16 points in the final 7 minutes. The kicker was the onside kick that was successful because apprarently the Falcons special team players didn't know they could recover the ball before it traveled 10 yards.  

Man did they dodge a bullet. They have Seattle nexy week so it was very possible that they would have fallen to 0-3.

17 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Butker is something else. Hit a 53 and 58 x2 in OT. 

I heard he was born with Proteus syndrome, but a Swedish medicine man performed great magics to confine the deformities to the foot. Apparently he has to put his cleat on with a sausage maker before every game.

Great game by Wilson.  A couple of years ago he seemed to really lack receiving options and had to keep going back to Doug Baldwin, but now he’s slinging the ball to anyone they put on the field.

Not a great day for the Seattle secondary though.  One safety ejected, and then his replacement got injured.  The other safety was huge at blitzing late week but he got destroyed in coverage this week.

It’s a work in progress.  

Archived