NFL 2020: Beckham and The Brownies

l2 0 5 5

Well, all my optimism after week 1s lose to the Steelers went right out the window with the lose to Chicago yesterday.  Danny Dimes continuing to turn the ball over is becoming a glaring concern, and Saquan, geezus, love the kid but just proving how stupid that pick was.  Even if he comes back and is 100% the Giants will have still only gotten 31 games outta him in his first 3 seasons and are now sitting at 9-25 since drafting him, not ideal.  Only bright spot on the night was the defense.  They started slow but really showed up in the 2nd half, liking what I see outta Pat Graham's D so far.  Final thought.....that last drive by the Giants was a heartbreaker, after some laps this week hopefully the Giants can clean up their game and Dimes stops his turnovers so the Giants can get a W, but then again they're playing the 49ers next week..........did we get a SB preview last night?

10 hours ago, Triskele said:

Newton looked excellent as well.  Hard to be outplayed when a QB plays that well, but Russell was unreal, and that pick 6 was all on the tight end.

Cam only making 1.75 mil is nuts. NE is getting an amazing deal there. He looked like his old self last night. 

57 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Cam only making 1.75 mil is nuts. NE is getting an amazing deal there. He looked like his old self last night. 

I think the question is: Did the Pats actually upgrade the QB position? :leaving:

20 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yeah, that’s a bit much. Baltimore looks the team to beat to me. NE still has no weapons on offense outside Edelman. 

NE put up over 450 yards and Cam accounted for 96% of that. You can't sustain that. I've still got KC ahead of Baltimore, but only by a bit and they seem to be the two best teams. I'm not sure anyone in the NFC is on their level unless you trust old man Brees' arm to hold up in the playoffs, which there's no evidence to support given the last few years.

On an unrelated note, money doesn't make you happy, but it can make life easier:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939976/florida-decision-likely-clears-new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-solicitation-charges

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

NE put up over 450 yards and Cam accounted for 96% of that. You can't sustain that. I've still got KC ahead of Baltimore, but only by a bit and they seem to be the two best teams. I'm not sure anyone in the NFC is on their level unless you trust old man Brees' arm to hold up in the playoffs, which there's no evidence to support given the last few years.

On an unrelated note, money doesn't make you happy, but it can make life easier:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939976/florida-decision-likely-clears-new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-solicitation-charges

I was a little surprised the Justin Herbert led Chargers were able to take them to OT, but the kid did play pretty well. And that LA defense is downright nasty. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

NE put up over 450 yards and Cam accounted for 96% of that. You can't sustain that. 

Exactly.  

Sunday night, though, I feel told us a lot more about the Pats in a loss than their win did against Miami.  The team played tough, it played hard and it stayed in the game against an astounding Russel Wilson performance.  Cam looked tremendous, but the Pats, as a whole, have limited skills on D, Gillmore looked downright mortal in certain places and the O is pedestrian w/out Cam's legs.  

Still... they came within a couple of good plays of winning on the road (though that should have a huge asterisk next to it).  And they executed the game-plan for the most part; which was different than the one against Miami.   They looked good even in the loss. I don't know how sustainable you can have Cam running and throwing all the time.  New England is not Carolina come October.  

Then again, the Jets and Dolphins are horrible. 

So the 49'ers died.  

42 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I was a little surprised the Justin Herbert led Chargers were able to take them to OT, but the kid did play pretty well. And that LA defense is downright nasty. 

Keep in mind it was a game time decision, which screws with the defense, one that I believe is above average at best (their metrics are going to be all distorted too with that lightning offense). Plus sometimes high end rookies ball out in their first few starts before defenses figure out their weaknesses. But that said, I got him in the forum's dynasty league for four years for a reason. I think he can be a more accurate version of Josh Allen, which speaking of, holy fuck. 

34 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

winning on the road (though that should have a huge asterisk next to it). 

Not necessarily. They're still pumping sound in, and traveling must be a major pain in the ass, especially with that many people and all the logistics, COVID style. 

So the 49'ers died.  

The sheer amount of injuries to key players this past weekend is unreal. FF just got real interesting with the top two RBs and the top WR going down. 

1 hour ago, Rockroi said:

So the 49'ers died.  

Bosa and Thomas both confirmed ACLs today.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The sheer amount of injuries to key players this past weekend is unreal. FF just got real interesting with the top two RBs and the top WR going down. 

And the Niners have to play in that shit hole stadium on that deadly turf again this Sunday.  Multiple players have already said they are nervous to take the field.  Said their feet “stuck” to the turf in the game against the Jets.

I don’t see how the NFL allows fields like this to be certified for their athletes.

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

And the Niners have to play in that shit hole stadium on that deadly turf again this Sunday.  Multiple players have already said they are nervous to take the field.  Said their feet “stuck” to the turf in the game against the Jets.

I don’t see how the NFL allows fields like this to be certified for their athletes.

Not sure if you played and if so at what level, but there are some fields you warm up on and are like, "WTF is this shit?" We played a conference rival with a new fancy field early on in the season my junior year. The turf felt like ground up tires that were spray painted. There were a lot of injuries in the game, including to our star player. I couldn't cut at all and would have preferred to run barefoot on sand than that shit. It was like running in mud, which is what those players are describing. 

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

How bad for Handsome Jimmy though?  Not that Bosa isn't a crushing loss. 

Initial word was high ankle sprain which would imply 4-6 weeks (unless your name is Tua and your coach really wants to win a championship).  But today word came out that he might be able to play Sunday.

No way in hell I risk him against the Giants without Barkley.

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Initial word was high ankle sprain which would imply 4-6 weeks (unless your name is Tua and your coach really wants to win a championship).  But today word came out that he might be able to play Sunday.

No way in hell I risk him against the Giants without Barkley.

High ankle sprains are horrible. They hurt like hell and you can't protect yourself on one. I would at least rest my player for two-three weeks. 

Archived