NFL 2020: Beckham and The Brownies

l2 0 5 5

17 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I'm going to put a hit out on all of those NYJ fucks. They're ruining my perfectly shitty fantasy team

Darnold throws an absolutely beautiful ball. Too bad it's rarely on target....

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Damn, Cam's got the virus. 

And the game is being moved to Monday or Tuesday. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30029628/sources-new-england-patriots-qb-cam-newton-tests-positive-covid-19

In a statement, the NFL said Sunday's scheduled game will be played either Monday or Tuesday due to "positive COVID-19 tests on both teams." A source told Schefter that "Tuesday is more likely."

The game being postponed like the Steelers-Titans game has to be a real possibility if more players test positive.

3 minutes ago, Trebla said:

And the game is being moved to Monday or Tuesday. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30029628/sources-new-england-patriots-qb-cam-newton-tests-positive-covid-19

The game being postponed like the Steelers-Titans game has to be a real possibility if more players test positive.

I said it before and I'll say it again, the league should have reduced the number of games to 10-12 to allow flexibility for this obvious situation which was going to happen. 

Unfortunately, the dominoes are starting to fall and will probably continue to fall with increasing frequency.  Having anything resembling a "normal" NFL season was always an extreme longshot.  And, you're right, @Tywin et al., that would have been smart but I don't see how they could fairly shorten the season after they're already weeks into it?  I wonder if they will simply try to postpone everything until, like, the Spring or something (after many more players/teams contract COVID-19)? 

I don't know how workable that would be with scheduling, other sports, not having an off-season or an abbreviated off-season moving into the 21-22 season, etc. or if this will simply end up being a completely lost season?  And, in any case, even postponing everything for several months is still no guarantee of, well...anything. 

I guess, here's yet another reason in the extremely long list of reasons to hope for that vaccine the world so desperately needs! 

Archived