NFL 2020: Beckham and The Brownies

l2 0 5 5

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

A man of your people. You see the players as gladiators. So does your beloved Dolphins' home state governor. The idiot is cool with fill Hard Rock Stadium. 

Fortunate that the coaching staff and all ancillary support for teams are also young, healthy, and in their prime. A la Romeo Crennel.

13 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

It’s so dull watching the Bears.  The offense is just as stuttering under Foles, who’s throwing about as bad as Trubiskey.  And the defense has lost that explosiveness in pass rush and inside LB.

I'd argue my Vikes have looked a lot better despite the opposite records. Somehow Cook leads the league in rushing yards and our rookie WR, *cough* @aceluby *cough* is going insane.  He's eighth in receiving yards despite having really played just two games.

And that was mad disrespectful, going for it on 4th and 1 that deep in your own territory. 

Those TDs just before halftime were the only real spark from the offense, even if it needed an assist from the defense making a big take-away.

The Bears defense managed well in the second half, especially with Mack catching fire at last.  Let’s see if they can disrupt Teddy Bridgewater’s rhythm in the next game.

It’s a big positive for the Bears to finally beat a good team, especially after being easily handled by Indy.  But a 4-1 record is still immensely flattering.  

So, I have not been as enraptured with this NFL season (nor the ASoIaF Message Boards).  The Pats are actually, at 2-2, doing BETTER than I had hoped and Cam Newton is fun fun FUN to watch.  And Brian Hoyer isn't.  But generally, its hard to generate the desire to pontificate about anything, really.

But Tom Brady not knowing its 4th down?  Wow. 

Look, easy for me to say, but can we all agree that that would not have happened with Belichick?  Like, one of the reasons Darth Hoodie is such a jerk to play for is that he keeps reminding people of things they think they already know.  If this were the Pats there would have been 16 times Belichick would have reminded Brady what down it was by that point in the game.  And Brady would have been like, "Yeah, I know, stop reminding me!"

Except... you need reminding!  

Oh, it would also be great if the Pats did not have two back-ups that had 4 turnovers, but that's not important right now... 

I feel like the fatish ring announcer with bad hair at the tournament in Karate Kid.

”Jimmy Garoppolo is going to start??? Jimmy Garoppolo is going to start!!!”

You know I would have picked Jacksonville but we really should have all seen this coming from the Titans.

In a state that believes science is the barb-tipped penis of Satan. [CHECK]

Meathead Head Coach who probably thinks coronavirus is queer and therefore inapplicable to him or his squad. [CHECK]

That's all I got so far. I just woke up.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is anyone else horrified that Alex Smith is playing? ESPN's headline is "Smith Sees First Action Since Gruesome Injury." 

Why?

It fills me with horror. I had to take that game off my screen because I was unable to look away from his legs.

Archived