NFL 2020: Beckham and The Brownies

l2 0 5 5

Some of the sacks are on Burrow for holding the ball to long, but many of them he has no chance whatsoever, and there’s someone in his face within 2 seconds. Often completely unblocked. He was the 3rd most pressured QB coming into this week, and that should go up even more now. It’s a mess. 

And unfortunately I think the Jets are a lock for the #1 pick, so we won’t even be able to trade it for haul to a team that needs Lawrence. We might be right there at 2 or 3 though to take Penei Sewell. Drafting a stud LT and sliding Jonah Williams (who’s been up and down but the potential is there) to RT would be a good start. Then we could focus on upgrading the guards. 

I didn’t expect them to beat Baltimore, but I never thought it would be that bad. Burrow has spoiled me through his first few games. This was the first one where he couldn’t overcome the terrible OL play, and at least keep them in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I literally just said the same to my neighbor. Not sixty seconds ago.

:cheers:

It's more fun in a smoke filled room while Jethro Tull is blasting. It's doesn't seem like young Patrick will get the ball back though. 

I see the Dolphins/49ers game is going about how everyone expected with Miami up 30-7 at the half.  

Meanwhile, the Cowboys and Giants are locked in an epic battle to prove who sucks more and are currently tied.

Browns look good. Amazing what happens when you upgrade your OL and bring in a top position coach...

Bill Callahan should be in Cincinnati. His son is our “OC” and yet we roll with Jim Turner, who not only is a terrible coach, but a terrible human being to boot. 

9 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Didn’t see the injury, but I just saw him going off on the cart in tears. Sucks. 

9 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yeah, that was brutal.  He's done for the year.

Hard to tell if it was broken, dislocated or a tear. But it sure looked like at least one of the three, and the medical staff seemed to fear just as much.

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Dislocated ankle. Maybe a broken tib.

Meanwhile it is satisfying to see that this Colts outfit is no no. 1 defense.

And this is a Browns offense without their best player to boot.

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

Through five games, Kevin Stefanski has already won more games than Hue Jackson did in forty games as the Browns' head coach.

I still think he's very average though. Regardless, congrats on the hot start, You're going to be punching upwards in your division. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still think he's very average though. Regardless, congrats on the hot start, You're going to be punching upwards in your division. 

To me, he's doing all the things you want to see your head coach doing, and none of the things I am used to seeing Browns head coaches doing.  He's managing the clock well, not burning timeouts stupidly, getting his play calls in on time (something Kitchens had a huge issue with last year), coming into games with a game plan that works, and generally making good play calls.  He's also got the team playing with discipline.  They were one of the most penalized teams in the league last year, but that hasn't been an issue at all this season.

Right now the limitation is Mayfield.  He's missing a lot of throws he needs to make and he had one really bad pick today, along with another pass that should have been picked.  I'm not going to blame him too much for the second interception, though, as he got hammered while he was throwing.  Shit happens.  

Stefanski has built an offense that fits the team he has, though, and that's not something I've been able to say about a Browns coach since, well, ever?  At least in my life.  

Archived