GRRM's secret Forum identity

TheLastWolf

Partly inspired by

In that thread, most people had said GRRM used to read Forum content but stopped due to his caution/dislike of fanfic.

Did he have an official Forum mod/admin account? Does he still have one if he had it earlier? 

Or does he have secret forum IDs (plural) to throw users who guess correctly off the track? Or did he have them?

Can we take calculated guesses as to who that might be?

Personally I don't want him on the Forum now as it might end with TWOW never blowing and ADOS remaining a dream. But it would be cool if he was.

George never had an account. His wife, Parris, does have one, and has posted in the past (primarily about BWB shindigs at various cons).

George would browse the forum without an account, and later on when he stopped occasionally Parris or other people might make him aware of things on the board -- interesting fan theories, things like that -- that they saw but I don't expect he reads them directly.

He did do an interview a while back where he spoke of how he found it interesting to see how some fans would vilify characters based on who their favorite character was. So he does seem to be aware of what fans are discussing. I would guess that he likely checked, or had his wife check, a bit more since the end of the show to see how it impacted interest in the books. I know I would if I were him! Hopefully what he saw/was told will motivate him to keep writing since book fans are still discussing and waiting, with no loss of interest.

1 minute ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

In theory, he can have one without your knowledge. :)

In theory, but not in practice. I see all.

4 hours ago, Seams said:

I think he does dip an oar into the wiki now and then, though.

He does use it as a reference when he's writing, but he doesn't have an editor account.

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I am GRRM. I've been playing a game the past few years. For every tinfoil theory posted here I've bumped the release of Winds of Winter back a day. So assuming no more get posted we should be set to release in early 2024.

:lol:

Given the amount of tinfoil out there 2024 is too optimistic!

12 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I am GRRM. I've been playing a game the past few years. For every tinfoil theory posted here I've bumped the release of Winds of Winter back a day. So assuming no more get posted we should be set to release in early 2024

I knew something like this would come eventually. Expected more.

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

:lol:

Given the amount of tinfoil out there 2024 is too optimistic!

What's the mathematical symbol for never?

On 9/18/2020 at 1:58 PM, Lord Lannister said:

I am GRRM.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, Bloodraven’s Spider said:

This is George.

Happy name day!!!

I have an USA ASOIAF calendar hanging in my office. The listed holidays for September are "Labor Day", "Rosh Hashanah", "Autumn Begins", "Yom Kippur" and "George R. R. Martin's Birthday" lol

The artwork for September 2020 is Nagga and the Grey King ... his sword unsheathed, the blade alive with sunlight.

1 hour ago, The Map Guy said:

Happy name day!!!

I have an USA ASOIAF calendar hanging in my office. The listed holidays for September are "Labor Day", "Rosh Hashanah", "Autumn Begins", "Yom Kippur" and "George R. R. Martin's Birthday" lol

Lol cant miss that one.

Its my nuncles birthday. Same year and everything. Hes one of the frustrated decade waiting fans that can come across as a morbid hater. So i ask, "Nuncle (sometimes I call him nuncle) are you planning on dying? " He smiles and says no. 

So i got faith in the years ahead for my nuncle and GRRM. 

2 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

The artwork for September 2020 is Nagga and the Grey King ... his sword unsheathed, the blade alive with sunlight.

Cool picture. But Nagga should be like 10x the size

Archived