US Politics: Ruthless ambition

Kalbear

Are you in disbelief that some people are taking the President at his word when he says he's going to engage in activities that fall under the broad coup umbrella, or are you in disbelief that this is a thing that we have to worry about now?

3 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Are you in disbelief that some people are taking the President at his word when he says he's going to engage in activities that fall under the broad coup umbrella, or are you in disbelief that this is a thing that we have to worry about now?

His word on the issue does have more integrity than that of a Republican senator's on why we can't fill SC seats during election years....

2 hours ago, Kalibear said:

Really, mail balloting is so incredibly awesome that you'll wonder why everywhere doesn't do it. It's cheaper, it's easier, it drastically increases turnout in every single election, it has a paper trail. 

The people who are against it are the people who suffered in line and want others to suffer in line because that's the way it should be. 

Have you always had that i in your name??? Have I been reading it as Kalbear for fifteen fucking years and never seeing it???

2 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I always vote absentee except at caucus so I can volunteer on Election Day. This year I’m not volunteering because Covid but I have my ballot and plan to drop it off (I think we have drop boxes) on Monday rather than mailing it. Absentee voting is great and we should just mail ballots to every registered voter

Slowpoke.

1 minute ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Have you always had that i in your name??? Have I been reading it as Kalbear for fifteen fucking years and never seeing it???

He's fucking with us. 

17 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I am propping up this economy with my labor and endangerment of my health- Monday is my first chance in business hours since getting the ballot yesterday.

No excuses, you've taken your nose off of the grindstone! I work for PN, after all. :P

20 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well you still need to do a better job!

Somehow I feel like you'll be screaming this as you watch the Niners narrowly beat the pathetic Giants. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Somehow I feel like you'll be screaming this as you watch the Niners narrowly beat the pathetic Giants. 

I'm just hoping they don't lose half their team again on that piece of shit field for the second week in a row.

46 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Part of me wonders now about the number of guys (and girls) from Minnesota with misspelled tattoos for some reason. :leaving:

45 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm just hoping they don't lose half their team again on that piece of shit field for the second week in a row.

The political overlaps...

37 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Part of me wonders now about the number of guys (and girls) from Minnesota with misspelled tattoos for some reason. :leaving:

There are a lot of misguided cultural tattoos in these parts. 

1 hour ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I always vote absentee except at caucus so I can volunteer on Election Day. This year I’m not volunteering because Covid 

I've done this a few times and was planning on volunteering this year too, but as you said, Covid. I'm probably being over cautious, but I have a few co-morbidities and I try to be careful. Iowa's governor is a fuck up and she is against mask mandates and talks shit about the cities that try to mandate it.  She's horrible.

Anyway, one of the hottest counties is just south of us (college town) and we're not far behind, so we've mandated masks here supposedly. On a good day I might see 50% compliance - there are some businesses where they employees don't even wear them fer chissake. The governor always justifies her non-mask stance by saying she trusts the people of Iowa to do the right thing. Ha.

Archived