What other marriage options were there for Lyanna Stark?

Alex13

6 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

It then took only three-four years of Robert drinking and whoring around for Cersei to decide to sleep with Jaime and that’s how we get Joffrey.

They did that since they were kids.

It was innocent at first, then not

Their mother also found out. So it was before Tyrion's birth if Joanna was alive. Cersei and Jaime were very young then. Remember the dogs and bitches, stallions and mares?

And that continued into their teens. I remember Cersei coming to Jaime dressed as a serving wench or something.

And did it take 3-4 years to conceive Joff? It was most probably in Greenshit, says Cersei. When did they visit the Estermonts?

OP

Lyanna would have married who she wanted. No other way. She wouldn't sacrifice her happiness for Rickard's ambitions or something else. She isn't power hungry Cersei. And the only male with whom she had a meaningful r'ship that we know of is HOWLAND REED.

8 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

And Lyanna already didn’t like Robert because of his whoring.

Sure what has that to do with Cat?? The problems Cersei and Robert had aer not the problems Robert and Lyanna may have, or the problems randon and Catmay have.

Cersei at least came into the marriage with some desire considering she wanted to be Queen, but that got squashed when Robert said “Lyanna” on their wedding night.

So, then Robert would have said Cersei to Lyanna??

It then took only three-four years of Robert drinking and whoring around for Cersei to decide to sleep with Jaime and that’s how we get Joffrey.

I was going to reply extensively.  But there is a quote that sums it better.

I fucked Jaime on the morning of my wedding, the queen recalled. "I do," she said, "I feel reborn, as if a festering boil has been lanced and now at last I can begin to heal. I could almost fly." She imagined how sweet it would be to slam an elbow into Septa Scolera's face and send her careening down the spiral steps. If the gods were good, the wrinkled old cunt might crash into Septa Unella and take her down with her.

Mind you, this is not to prove that they were married to perfect men etc etc etc, but the comparisons you're trying to draw based on two traits are disingenuous.

16 hours ago, frenin said:

Sure what has that to do with Cat?? The problems Cersei and Robert had are not the problems Robert and Lyanna may have, or the problems Brandon and Cat may have.

Brandon had already slept with Lady Dustin, he was reluctant to marry Catelyn, and Martin has implied that Brandon left a number of bastards running around. Same sort of behavior that Robert had.

Brandon had already slept with Lady Dustin

That's as true as it is irrelevant. Edmure is a Playboy and It wouldn't be surprising that the man had fathered a child or two at this point.

he was reluctant to marry Catelyn,

Was he now??... Or that's what he told to Lady Du or just what Barbs wanted to hear??

and Martin has implied that Brandon left a number of bastards running around

He has said it as much.

Same sort of behavior that Robert had.

He and a good deal of the male nobility.  Relative sexual freedom for them will lead to that

The point is??

Cat herself made clear that she did not care that her husband fathered a thousand bastards, she cared of the fact that they were or were not paraded in front of her.

Mind you, Ned himself doesn't seem to know  about his own brother's bastard, even when he adopted his own sister's bastard

On 9/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, Loose Bolt said:

I suspect that Jon Arryn was evil mastermind behind the rebellion against Targs. So it is possible that it was he who gave idea to Robert about possible marriage with Lyanna. 

He is a suspect.  Brandon was not smart enough.  Jon, Rickard, and Robert were the ringleaders of that cabal.

Archived