NBA Playoffs 2020: Mamba Out

Rhom

LeBron is 35 years old. He's played 10500 playoff minutes. He's in his 17th year in the league. The worst thing you can say about him is that he bitches about foul calls. He was 15 for 25 from the field last night, with 38 points, 16 boards, and 10 dimes. 

If there's a god than James is god's gift to basketball. Anyone who loves basketball should feel lucky to be able to watch this guy do his thing night after night, year after year. 

2 hours ago, Relic said:

LeBron is 35 years old. He's played 10500 playoff minutes. He's in his 17th year in the league. The worst thing you can say about him is that he bitches about foul calls. He was 15 for 25 from the field last night, with 38 points, 16 boards, and 10 dimes. 

If there's a god than James is god's gift to basketball. Anyone who loves basketball should feel lucky to be able to watch this guy do his thing night after night, year after year. 

The shocking thing is how explosive he still is. He's not the greatest ever, but damn if he's not the most gifted.

And the only player harder to ref in the modern era was Shaq. 

12 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

As expected the Lakers win the conference, now for Miami to take down Boston and then LA takes down Miami in 4 or 5.

LA beats the Celtics in five, if they come back. Miami takes LA in six, if they win tonight. 

It's easy to say that MJ is my favorite player ever, but I was a kid when he played. We didn't have cable, my parents weren't sports fans, and I bet I barely watched any of those championship teams. My memory is thoroughly shot other than "I had 200 MJ cards and he was the bestest".

Jimmy, though, I've been rooting for since one of his very first NBA games. Bulls fans loved Luol, with good reason, but I never enjoyed watching him and his herky-jerky movement. Then I see Thibs put in some rookie who plays the hardest 6 to 10 minutes of anyone on the court. Jimmy mean-mugging was my avatar on a basketball forum for years. I was so sad when he left, but I wholly blame the atrocious former FO for ruining that relationship. He's obstinate about playing with teammates who work as hard as he does - 4am shootarounds and the like. I'm incredibly happy he's seeing all this success with this MIA team. 

He's probably my actual favorite player of all time, since I've cheered for him in far, far more games than I ever had a chance to with MJ. I'd be absurdly happy if he actually knocked out LeBron. I can't believe that as a Bulls lifer, I am having so much fun watching MIA/BOS. I will be happy with the outcome of tonight's game no matter what (unless Butler gets hurt I guess).  A convincing MIA win makes me think they have a chance to prove Tywin right. A close MIA win will be as thrilling as the other games. A Celts win just gets me more of my favorite series in years.

26 minutes ago, Relic said:

Not a bad prediction 

Boston can't guard AD, and LA's defense should contain them. Miami has good match ups to throw at AD and LBJ, and LA doesn't have much to counter Miami's depth. Any team could win, but Boston's chances are the weakest even though I think they'll win the series if they win tonight. If Miami wins in seven and faces a rested LA side, they go down 0-2 and crawling back from that will be hard. 

For the life of me I don't see why people have been trying to claim the Lakers are AD's team, insinuating LeBron isnt the leader or the best player.

AD is a great player...... but LeBron is still the best player in this NBA and its been so for about 10 yrs, that hasn't changed.

He's the one guy who has consistently been able to throw the burden on his back and close the deal time and time again. I expect this year's playoff to show that once again.

50 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Boston can't guard AD, and LA's defense should contain them. Miami has good match ups to throw at AD and LBJ, and LA doesn't have much to counter Miami's depth. Any team could win, but Boston's chances are the weakest even though I think they'll win the series if they win tonight. If Miami wins in seven and faces a rested LA side, they go down 0-2 and crawling back from that will be hard. 

While I do agree that Boston's front court depth is lacking, that has always been the case. If they do indeed make it to the Finals, maybe give them a little more credit? They do have the deepest back court remaining after all and while they might not be able to stop AD, they could probably exploit Caruso and KCP on the other end.

2 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

For the life of me I don't see why people have been trying to claim the Lakers are AD's team, insinuating LeBron isnt the leader or the best player.

Who is? I don't see why it matters anyway unless they are trying to drive the other out and you have to decide between the two.

6 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:
12 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Who is

I can't quote anyone because the thread was deleted apparently. But it was definitely posted.

Anywho as you noted, its a non controversy, especially considering how seamlessly the two play together. He's the most talented teammate LeBron has had and at the perfect time for his career when he's logged so many pounding miles.

1 hour ago, Proudfeet said:

While I do agree that Boston's front court depth is lacking, that has always been the case. If they do indeed make it to the Finals, maybe give them a little more credit? They do have the deepest back court remaining after all and while they might not be able to stop AD, they could probably exploit Caruso and KCP on the other end.

Who is? I don't see why it matters anyway unless they are trying to drive the other out and you have to decide between the two.

Do they? It's just Walker and Smart. 

Archived