NBA Playoffs 2020: Mamba Out

Rhom

13 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Absolutely, hilariously, zero clue where the Bulls' ship is pointed. The Bulls forum I frequent has linked about two dozen rumors from random tweets all the way up to national guys, all of which are wildly disparate. If Jordan sniffs him out and picks a surprise at #3, and Ball drops (snicker), I won't be happy, but he said today he didn't even work out for the Bulls, so I'd expect a pick swap or they simply pass him by. I have bounced between about ten different kids now I either thought it likely they draft, or I had a hunch they'd be a star. No inkling, or frankly much of an opinion either way.

All these trade rumors flying around tonight have been insane! 

Was just reading from the Ringer that there is trade talks between Golden State and your Bulls, with GS giving the Bulls the no.2 pick in exchange for no.4 and Wendell Carter. That must mean the Bulls are very keen on Wiseman. And explains why Ball didnt even work out. It also gives GS a big who can start. This seems to make sense for both sides, we'll see.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

I'm not a cap expert or anything, but from what I understand it will be really really hard to bring Ibaka in unless he is willing to take a HUGE (60-70%) paycut.  I dunno, maybe Ibaka will do that, but it seems unlikely.  The guy already has a ring, so I doubt he's that desperate to get another one.  Maybe if they could move Jordan first, but I get the impression that Durant and Irving love having Jordan around, so I doubt that would fly. 

Even if they could make it work, the team would have no bench at all, the salary would be the 5 starters plus a bunch of minimum salary guys.  And a starting 5 of Irving, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Jordan is still IMO fairly awkward.  Lots of injury concerns, tons of defensive holes, and some glaring matchup problems with key teams they need to beat like Boston and LAL. 

Lets assume Harden doesnt come, then Ibaka coming in makes for a great fit I think. But then you need to be rid of Jordan, who already felt superfluous. Ibaka can play the 5 like he does for Toronto.

Slurk, I really dont believe the Bucks would give up their future without knowing that Giannis is extending. 

11 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Slurk, I really dont believe the Bucks would give up their future without knowing that Giannis is extending. 

Why?  It's happened before and Milwaukee isn't known for having high quality management and ownership.

This Holiday trade is awful for them past this season regardless if Giannis is resigning or not.

Because otherwise they dont give up a massive haul of picks on top of Bledsoe, Hill. They'd be dead, unless they know he re-signs.

On top of that we are hearing more and more that he will re-sign and other execs saying that there is absolutely no way Milwaukee makes this move without laying it in front of Giannis. Around the league there is apparently big surprise at how much the Pelicans got for Holiday, that was not expected.

I dont think Holiday is a bad trade, also not beyond this season. He'll get a new deal that makes sense.

35 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Because otherwise they dont give up a massive haul of picks on top of Bledsoe, Hill. They'd be dead, unless they know he re-signs.

On top of that we are hearing more and more that he will re-sign and other execs saying that there is absolutely no way Milwaukee makes this move without laying it in front of Giannis. Around the league there is apparently big surprise at how much the Pelicans got for Holiday, that was not expected.

I dont think Holiday is a bad trade, also not beyond this season. He'll get a new deal that makes sense.

Except teams have done stupid shit like this before.  Why is it different this time?  Just because you dont feel like its going to happen?

Giving up a first round draft pick in 7 years after a Giannis contract extension would end is an absolutely stupid move.

While I haven't looked into the trade much, I've always thought Holiday was one of the most underrated points in the league...

Somewhat interested in the draft tonight.  Been hearing the rumors that the Magic are trying to package Gordon with the 15th pick to move up in the draft and I'm like...wtf?!?  You wanna move up in this draft?  Don't get me wrong, perfectly fine trading Gordon for the right thing, but I don't see much difference from the 5th pick and the 15th in this draft at all.  Also, with Isaac out next season, Gordon can play the 4 which will hopefully boost his trade value.

I also liked how The Ringer had the Magic picking - Kentucky's guard.  Saw another mock with them picking Cole Anthony, although it seems they could probably trade down and get him.  Anyway, sounds like it should be an interesting night...

7 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Except teams have done stupid shit like this before.  Why is it different this time?  Just because you dont feel like its going to happen?

Giving up a first round draft pick in 7 years after a Giannis contract extension would end is an absolutely stupid move.

For a guy with one year left on his deal. That means they're stuck offering a deal above his value, even if Giannis leaves. Not awesome.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

While I haven't looked into the trade much, I've always thought Holiday was one of the most underrated points in the league...

Somewhat interested in the draft tonight.  Been hearing the rumors that the Magic are trying to package Gordon with the 15th pick to move up in the draft and I'm like...wtf?!?  You wanna move up in this draft?  Don't get me wrong, perfectly fine trading Gordon for the right thing, but I don't see much difference from the 5th pick and the 15th in this draft at all.  Also, with Isaac out next season, Gordon can play the 4 which will hopefully boost his trade value.

I also liked how The Ringer had the Magic picking - Kentucky's guard.  Saw another mock with them picking Cole Anthony, although it seems they could probably trade down and get him.  Anyway, sounds like it should be an interesting night...

And now there’s word that Bogdonavic doesn’t want to go to Milwaukee for some reason.  :dunno: 

And the KY guard is Tyrese Maxey.  I think he will be a solid player for years in the NBA.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Alright, here goes nothing.

Also, Klay injured his other leg today and it's unclear exactly how bad it is. 

Changes things up in the draft for GSW potentially.

5 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Jeezus, Silver looks like a cadaver w terrible makeup :stillsick:

Google "Adam Silver looks like Le Batard." You'll thank me later.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Changes things up in the draft for GSW potentially.

Not really. I still think the smart play is just keeping Wiseman. He's a perfect fit. He'll offer rim protection and will be a nightmare to defend with the floor spread and Curry running the pick and role with him. Everything I've heard also indicates he can handle the ball pretty well and he can develop into a decent outside shooter for his position. Plus that rookie contract helps with all the money they have tied up in their other four starters. 

Well, we didn't do anything crazy, so that's good. Edwards will be a start if he can improve on some of his weak points, and thankfully they are areas that can be fixed. 

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Yeah, just nothing that excites me here for Chicago.

ETA:  Williams.  Eh.  Okay.

Really surprised they didn't take Avdija or Toppin. Both players could have very high ceilings. I've got three mock drafts open and this guy isn't in the top 10 on any of them.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Really surprised they didn't take Avdija or Toppin.

Just saw the name Obi Toppin on the scroll of best available, definitely wins best name.  I have no idea who he is but if the Magic want to trade up for him I'm all for it.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Just saw the name Obi Toppin on the scroll of best available, definitely wins best name.  I have no idea who he is but if the Magic want to trade up for him I'm all for it.

He's an interesting prospect. He wasn't recruited out of HS, partly because he was a late bloomer who didn't get to 6'8 until his college years and partly because his grades were bad. He had to do a year at prep school and then was redshirted due to his grades, but when he played the last two years he was a monster. The positive spin on him is a Blake Griffin who can shoot upwards of >40% from three. If he was 19 instead of 22 he may have been a top three pick. 

Archived