NBA Playoffs 2020: Mamba Out

Rhom

Iguodala can still defend, even if only for short spurts.  Always liked that guy.

The nba is really struggling with an epidemic of terrible facial hair.  Is it because guys aren't going to clubs?

33 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

I know that its always given, but jumping into an airborne defender for free throws is bullshit. Half the time they don't even pretend to go for the basket.

Word.

And I'll get back to your last post in a bit, but damn, what a weird sequence. Butler in slow-mo looked like he dislocated his ankle, but he was right back in the game. Meanwhile, AD was leaving early for some unknown medical issue. 

16 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Dragic hurt, that sucks.  These heat look not quite ready for prime time.  Lakers are getting some really open looks, and lebron isn't even playing all that well.

Bam is hurt now too.

So three of their four best players are hurt in some way, leaving only the rook. 

31 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bam is hurt now too.

So three of their four best players are hurt in some way, leaving only the rook. 

If it's any consolation, the heat weren't looking much better before the injuries.  But if those guys are at 80% for the rest of the series... This is gonna be a short series.

10 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

If it's any consolation, the heat weren't looking much better before the injuries.  But if those guys are at 80% for the rest of the series... This is gonna be a short series.

Eh, like I said I expected LA to win big tonight, and if you're the Heat there could be some things to look at. But you're right, even at 80% for all three would lead to maybe one effort win. We'll know quickly into game two what's going to happen, and that's assuming all three can even play .

Injuries seem to change the face of the NBA Finals more than any other league.

Cavs vs Warriors that first year.  Warriors v Raptors last year.  Heat this year.

Just not giving us a clean series many years.

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Cavs vs Warriors that first year.  Warriors v Raptors last year.  Heat this year.

Injuries are always a shame, in any sport.  Hopefully it's nothing too serious.  Butler says he's fine and Bam has indicated he'll play, but who knows if they'll be themselves or not.  Dragic is the most replaceable of the three, and his injury seems the most serious.  He could be out for the series, and if he's not, he is unlikely to be as effective.  Heat are probably going to need big minutes from their rookie Nunn, which is a tough spot for the kid.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

It's quite a shame, isn't it?

Did you guys see the ESPN article on KD and Kyrie doing "collaborative coaching"? I don't doubt their ability at basketball, but way to undermine your head coach's authority before the previous season even ends. Basically also confirms that Atkinson was probably fired for not playing Jordan. I like Nash, but I can't help but root for the Nets to fail and for Kyrie to take and miss all his crunch time shots. :ack:

In other news, Doc Rivers is in for the Sixers. That was a quick turn around.

7 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Did you guys see the ESPN article on KD and Kyrie doing "collaborative coaching"? I don't doubt their ability at basketball, but way to undermine your head coach's authority before the previous season even ends. Basically also confirms that Atkinson was probably fired for not playing Jordan. I like Nash, but I can't help but root for the Nets to fail and for Kyrie to take and miss all his crunch time shots. :ack:

Yeah, those two are fucking toxic. DUnno what happened to Durant, really, he used to come off as a great dude. 

57 minutes ago, Relic said:

Yeah, those two are fucking toxic. DUnno what happened to Durant, really, he used to come off as a great dude. 

Maybe he just hid it well. He did have burner twitter accounts or something. I didn't think badly of Kyrie until he played a season at Boston either.

1 hour ago, Proudfeet said:

Maybe he just hid it well. He did have burner twitter accounts or something. I didn't think badly of Kyrie until he played a season at Boston either.

The flat earth shit didn't throw you off?

1 hour ago, Relic said:

I'm not sure when it started, but it's clear he badly misread what joining the Warriors would do to his reputation. He saw LeBron make a super team and become the unquestioned best player and I'm sure he thought the same thing would happen for him. When that didn't happen I think what was left of the nice guy attitude went away.

Still, KD is someone you still want on your team. Kyrie OTOH.......

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Still, KD is someone you still want on your team. Kyrie OTOH.......

Is KD still someone you want? I mean imagine being the new Nets coach and hearing your two stars talk about collaborative coaching. Like, get the fuck out of here...

1 hour ago, Relic said:

I dunno. As far back as Bill Simmons first interview (I think) of Durant at the 2014 All-Stars, he already seemed like a jerk. Granted, talking to Simmons for a while about sports could put anyone in a bad mood; but 6 years ago he wasn't nearly as much of a lazy talking head as he is now.

27 minutes ago, Relic said:

Is KD still someone you want? I mean imagine being the new Nets coach and hearing your two stars talk about collaborative coaching. Like, get the fuck out of here...

If KD is healthy, yes. And frankly what they said is common, you just don't say it in public unless the coach first says it. Kyrie is the one it's not worth dealing with.

Archived