NBA Playoffs 2020: Mamba Out

Rhom

10 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

So Bam and Dragic are questionable for game 3. Spoelstra would be better off just putting them on the injured list. Even if they were to play, as they are now they would be extremely weak links on defense. AD would have a field day....again.

Bam, even at say 75%, still has a lot to offer. Dragic has to be done though. Either way it's a shame because both guys were playing as well as they ever have. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bam, even at say 75%, still has a lot to offer. Dragic has to be done though. Either way it's a shame because both guys were playing as well as they ever have. 

He has a shoulder and neck issue and he is a bruising big man who is tasked with defense and redounding. That is not a good combo.

8 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

He has a shoulder and neck issue and he is a bruising big man who is tasked with defense and redounding. That is not a good combo.

No, it's not. And don't forget his wrist injury from game five against the Celtics, even though he played great in game six (and it's amazing he didn't break it blocking Tatum in game one).

I picked the Heat because I wanted them to win, not because I knew they could, but it's clear even before the injuries that the Lakers size and experience was overwhelming. And playoff Rondo is real, leaving the door open to @Rhom asking if he's a HoFer. I still think it will be due to coaching later on, but if he hangs around and the Lakers win one or two more titles in the next few years, you never know.

Doc Rivers on ESPN on why he went to the Sixers:

When [general manager Elton Brand] called, it was an easy 'Get on the plane and take a look' for me," Rivers said. "You look at these players, these young players, and their potential ... the fact that they've had so much success in so many ways at the ages they are already, and where I think they can go, for me it's a job you just couldn't turn down.

This is what I meant a few weeks ago when to me, he is the man who is in the running for most full of shit guy in the entire NBA, based on reading his postgame comments after Clippers games this year. He just seems completely delusional in general. And now he goes to the Sixers and he says this?

What success dude? They've won absolutely nothing. They won nothing in college. Its one early exit after another, Ben Simmons still cannot shoot a jumper , let alone a 3 pointer. I certainly agree they are two very intriguing talents, but successful is the one thing they have decidedly not been.

9 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Doc Rivers on ESPN on why he went to the Sixers:

This is what I meant a few weeks ago when to me, he is the man who is in the running for most full of shit guy in the entire NBA, based on reading his postgame comments after Clippers games this year. He just seems completely delusional in general. And now he goes to the Sixers and he says this?

What success dude? They've won absolutely nothing. They won nothing in college. Its one early exit after another, Ben Simmons still cannot shoot a jumper , let alone a 3 pointer. I certainly agree they are two very intriguing talents, but successful is the one thing they have decidedly not been.

First, what else is he supposed to say? You kind of have to take an overly optimistic approach to the situation, even if you know it's somewhat BS.

Second, in fairness, there's a decent chance the Sixers win the title last year if they survived game seven against Toronto. 

You could say youre excited to play with a promising young core and that you see a lot of potential etc etc, you know the usual.

Its not that hard not to make yourself look like a fool. The one thing they have not been is succesful, thats the whole point of what everybody knows about the Sixers. So why insist that they have been succesfull, its just him at the Clippers all over again.

13 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

:dunno:

They might not have team accolades but they do have individual successes. Don't see why you have to be so toxic about it. Do you have a personal vendetta against him?

The weird thing is he's a players coach, and in turn the players seem to like him a lot, but every team he coaches ends up overrun with interpersonal beef. 

LeBron really needs to stop complaining about every single thing. 

Agreed. But who is going to call a tech on him outside of clear black and white violations? Doesn't help that complaining about calls do help you in the long run.

The weird thing is he's a players coach, and in turn the players seem to like him a lot, but every team he coaches ends up overrun with interpersonal beef. 

No idea what you're talking about, don't care to know either, but it doesn't look really relevant to what I posted about Caliban jumping down River's throat for daring to claim that the young Sixers players have had success.

It's not about Rivers unless you believe that the extreme vitriol is justified. Which you didn't seem to either.

23 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

:dunno:

They might not have team accolades but they do have individual successes. Don't see why you have to be so toxic about it. Do you have a personal vendetta against him?

No personal vendetta of course, I just think he is unusually full of shit.

Anyway, on to more important matters, I felt like the Heat had a real chance in game 4. It was very close throughout and the Lakers certainly werent playing great. But then, neither were the Heat, huge trouble scoring the ball throughout the game for both sides. Caldwell Pope made a big difference here.

I gotta say though, the Heat may have lost but I just love seeing Tyler Herro play, just some fantastic stuff that we see from him.

I hope we get a great game 5 where the Heat win and stay in this.

29 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

No personal vendetta of course, I just think he is unusually full of shit.

Well, I've recently had a go at Kyrie so I'm not particularly in a good position to say it, but tone it down a bit? The way you're picking at it makes it seem like you're offended by his very existence. Like, making a mountain out of a crater.

I'd call All-NBA and All-Defensive rather successful. Championship or bust is a very narrow way of determining success. How about getting a 10 win franchise to 50 wins? Or an eventual champion buzzer beater that barely went in?

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Anyway, on to more important matters, I felt like the Heat had a real chance in game 4. It was very close throughout and the Lakers certainly werent playing great. But then, neither were the Heat, huge trouble scoring the ball throughout the game for both sides.

It seemed like both teams were putting more effort on defense than offense (Davis said this specifically postgame).  The result is an ugly game with a lot of second and third tier players hoisting up ugly shots.  Davis and Lebron took turns covering Butler and he struggled with that.  Without Butler to make things easier, the rest of the Heat team offense struggled with the Lakers length.  On the other end, the Heat were playing good team defense and getting a lot of deflections. 

But in crunch time, the Lakers looked like the more veteran team, fighting for cheap points at the free throw line and scrappy offensive rebounds.  And that was the difference. 

I was glad to see Bam out there and looking close to 100%.  Makes the series a lot more interesting at least. 

Archived