Which non-ASOIAF Stark would most want to read about?

Floki of the Ironborn

Let's assume that the ASOIAF series is finished, FAB is finished, the D&E books are done, and GRRM is still in excellent health, suggesting a new novella series around a Stark who wasn't alive in the ASOIAF series.

Which of the previous Stark men or women are you most interested in learning more about?

For me, personally, I want to read about Theon Stark, the Hungry Wolf. Given his track record, he accomplished an insane amount of achievements in his life, and he did a lot to make House Stark into the powerhouse that it clearly is in the North. A man like that is going to be driven, ruthless, and savage, so unlike the civilised Starks that we know in the main series. And since the series is clearly bringing House Stark back to its roots by making them remember what it's like to be wolves, I'd be stoked to read about the actual wolf-like Starks who conquered the North in the first place. 

Cregan Stark, who was Hand of the King for a day. Imagine getting all worked up to fight in the Dance of the Dragons, only to arrive after it's all over. No wonder Cregan was in the mood to dispense some Northern justice. I bet his internal monologue would be deadpan hilarious.

17 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Cregan Stark, who was Hand of the King for a day. Imagine getting all worked up to fight in the Dance of the Dragons, only to arrive after it's all over. No wonder Cregan was in the mood to dispense some Northern justice. I bet his internal monologue would be deadpan hilarious.

My pick as well, for exactly that reason. Reading about him in ASOIAF is like reading about Ned Stark if he’d been successful. Throw in a Black Aly romance angle and you’ve got a great story.

Brandon the Builder. Supposedly he build the Wall, Winterfell, Storm's End and Hightower. Also it's likely that he was the Last Hero. So, his story, starting from his crusade with his 12 friends to find the Children, how they dealed with the Others, and why afterwards did he went on a building spree, also how did he build the Wall, the beginning of Night's Watch's creation, what kind of people were joining it then, and what is hidden under Winterfell.

Black Aly Blackwood, who was a daughter of House Blackwood, commaded armed men in the field during the Dance and then ended up Lady of Winterfell when she married the Lord Stark. 

I am also DYING to get my hands on the next Dunk and Egg story about the Wolf Women of Winterfell. 

Ice eyes (whatever his name was).  It is stated that sometimes the Boltons 'wore the skins' of the Starks when they were weak, but somehow the Stark line remained and appears essentially unbroken. Roose is often defined by his pale eyes and it's the trait that he identified in Ramsay which convinced him not to 'throw him down a well'.  So what I want to know is if any of the historical Starks were subverted/ skin changed by Boltons, and a guy named Ice Eyes seems like a good place to start looking.

On 9/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Let's assume that the ASOIAF series is finished, FAB is finished, the D&E books are done, and GRRM is still in excellent health, suggesting a new novella series around a Stark who wasn't alive in the ASOIAF series.

Which of the previous Stark men or women are you most interested in learning more about?

For me, personally, I want to read about Theon Stark, the Hungry Wolf. Given his track record, he accomplished an insane amount of achievements in his life, and he did a lot to make House Stark into the powerhouse that it clearly is in the North. A man like that is going to be driven, ruthless, and savage, so unlike the civilised Starks that we know in the main series. And since the series is clearly bringing House Stark back to its roots by making them remember what it's like to be wolves, I'd be stoked to read about the actual wolf-like Starks who conquered the North in the first place. 

You took my answer, but I wanted Theon in hopes of understanding why on all planetos Theon Greyjoy would believe he was a namesake.  Baffling, really.   Since you got the jump I will go with Torrhen just to see if he is exactly like Ned.  

Archived