Which non-ASOIAF Stark would most want to read about?

Floki of the Ironborn

This is going to sound weird, but when Bran is looking into the past through the weirwood, there's a pregnant woman praying for a son to avenge her. That is such a striking image to me, for whatever reason. It raises so many questions, too: is she a Stark, or a Stark spouse? If she's a spouse, is her husband dead, or is he her enemy? If she's the Stark, why would she need a son to avenge her? Maybe she was denied leadership because of her sex and so she's determined to get what should have been hers and give it to her son. Or maybe her husband is dead, and she needs a son to make sure that she remains the Lady of Winterfell, because maybe she has other relatives trying to supplant her. 

And this is all coming off the top of my head. I would love to see what GRRM would create for such a story. Since it happened after Dunk was at Winterfell, we know that it probably won't be included in that novella about the she-wolves of Winterfell (or maybe that's part of the epilogue of that story, who knows). That means this woman would have been alive at some point between King Aerys I's reign and Aerys II. That woman's baby might have been Rickard Stark for all I know. We could be dealing with an internal threat amongst bickering Starks, or an external threat such as Ironborn raids, a trouble-making house, wildling invasions, a serious dispute that turns violent... there's a lot of possibilities. 

25 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

This is going to sound weird, but when Bran is looking into the past through the weirwood, there's a pregnant woman praying for a son to avenge her. That is such a striking image to me, for whatever reason. It raises so many questions, too: is she a Stark, or a Stark spouse? If she's a spouse, is her husband dead, or is he her enemy? If she's the Stark, why would she need a son to avenge her? Maybe she was denied leadership because of her sex and so she's determined to get what should have been hers and give it to her son. Or maybe her husband is dead, and she needs a son to make sure that she remains the Lady of Winterfell, because maybe she has other relatives trying to supplant her. 

And this is all coming off the top of my head. I would love to see what GRRM would create for such a story. Since it happened after Dunk was at Winterfell, we know that it probably won't be included in that novella about the she-wolves of Winterfell (or maybe that's part of the epilogue of that story, who knows). That means this woman would have been alive at some point between King Aerys I's reign and Aerys II. That woman's baby might have been Rickard Stark for all I know. We could be dealing with an internal threat amongst bickering Starks, or an external threat such as Ironborn raids, a trouble-making house, wildling invasions, a serious dispute that turns violent... there's a lot of possibilities. 

Okay, I’m sold on this. I retract my previous answer.

Archived