Plot Twist Character in The Winds of Winter.

JonSnow776

Hey, guys. This is my first time posting a theory. But I thought long and hard about this theory, and I believe it to be accurate.

GRRM said that in TWOW, there will be a plot twist that will involve a character who is dead on the show. I am still on season 1, and I am currently watching episode 8 as I am writing this, but as I saw the episode, my mind drifted back to the theory, and I have believe I know who is gonna be the plot twist character who is dead on the show, but is alive in the books: Syrio Forel.

First off, GRRM said that the character is gonna be someone who died in the show and wasn't given much attention in the show and the books, and while Syrio played a major part as Arya's sword-fighting teacher, compared to Stannis, Young Griff and Mance Rayder (who are the most theorized to be the plot twist characters, since they are dead in the show), Syrio isn't much of a big part to the story, and we almost forget about him as we see Arya train with Jaqen and the Kindly Old Man. Plus, in the show, after Arya leaves from his fight with Ser Meryn, we never really see what happens to Syrio, but since the show is over, and we never hear from Syrio again, this confirms his death. But in the books, similar to the show, Arya leaves before we could see the outcome between him and Ser Meryn. Since the book's haven't ended yet, and the fact that Ser Meryn never really confirms whether he killed Syrio, this makes it plausible that Syrio could very much be alive, and as I said before, GRRM literally mentions this in his interview with IGN, along with the link to the interview: 

"I have decided to do that, yes. Will you know it? I don’t know. It’s fairly obvious, because it’s something that involves a couple of characters, one of whom is dead on the show, but not dead in the books. So, the show can’t do this, unfortunately, because they’ve killed a character that I have not killed.

But that doesn’t narrow it down much, because at this point, there are like, fifteen character who are dead in the show who are still alive in the books."

Read More: 'Game of Thrones' Killed Key 'Winds of Winter' Character | https://screencrush.com/game-of-thrones-winds-of-winter-dead-character/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Going along with the popular theory that Syrio is a Faceless Man, I believe that Syrio and the "couple of characters" GRRM is talking about is actually the Brotherhood Without Banners, and that Syrio is hiding as a member of one of them (Tom o' Sevens?). After all, a "couple of characters" twist couldn't happen without a group, and what better twist could occur if it involves a group led by the undead Catelyn Stark.

Let me know what you guys think!

Syrio Forel might be Jaqen H'ghar, some people think. But not me. 

It's Gerion I believe. 

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, JonSnow776 said:

Hey, guys. This is my first time posting a theory. But I thought long and hard about this theory, and I believe it to be accurate.

Oops. Should have welcomed you first as all old members do, but I'm kinda new to the Noble club. 

As to Syrio Forel being alive, I believe it's entirely possible. Maybe he's the Kindly Man in the HoBaW? FM. Braavosi. Makes sense 

This delves into FM IDs. 

And Welcome to posting topics again! 

Welcome to the forums. :cheers:

I believe Syrio is dead in the books, sadly. From the way Martin talked about this twist, and more importantly when he talked about it, I also got the impression that it was a character that had been killed in later series, like, 5 or 6. Top candidates for me are Barristan, Stannis, and Mance. 
Here’s another thread w/ more discussion about the twist:

41 minutes ago, Dalinar said:

Hi, I am relatively new here. I have read somewhere that show spoilers are forbiden in the book forum. Yet I read often show spoilers in the book forum. Is it just a mistake or is the rule (considering the time that has passed) not aplied anymore? 

Littlefinger Being Azor Ahai, As He Has Fulfilled all three requirements of the prophecy, which no other character has done. Killing A Lion(Joffrey) Tempered in the Water(Littlefinger Nearly Bleeding to Death in the River during his Duel With Brandon) Killing His Wife(Pushing Lysa Arryn Out the Moon Door). Azor Ahai was also a bad guy, so that disqualifies Jon Snow, and Stannis.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, Stannis Baratheon* said:

Littlefinger Being Azor Ahai, As He Has Fulfilled all three requirements of the prophecy, which no other character has done. Killing A Lion(Joffrey) Tempered in the Water(Littlefinger Nearly Bleeding to Death in the River during his Duel With Brandon) Killing His Wife(Pushing Lysa Arryn Out the Moon Door). Azor Ahai was also a bad guy, so that disqualifies Jon Snow, and Stannis.

WHAT??

WHERE'S THE DRAGON, HUH?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, Stannis Baratheon* said:

Can you explain this more? I am curious.

It's so exciting to post a first topic and welcome to the forum.  The show was great for bringing in new interest, but you have to talk about the books in the books forums.   There is a separate section for show watchers as the stories diverge quite a bit and no one wants to be spoiled.   As @kissdbyfire said above the plot twist character for the books is likely Selmy, Mance or Stannis.  The statement was made within days of the end of season 5.  Good luck in the show forum and give the books a try.   Believe it or not, the books are a far better story! 

• 2 weeks later...

I, for one, still believe that the plot twist character for the books is Myrcella. Not saying that it can't be Barristan, Mance or Stannis but Myrcella shouldn't be counted out at all. Especially since she is headed towards King's Landing, arguably the epicenter of the biggest plot twists in the series.

On 11/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, BlackLightning said:

I, for one, still believe that the plot twist character for the books is Myrcella. Not saying that it can't be Barristan, Mance or Stannis but Myrcella shouldn't be counted out at all. Especially since she is headed towards King's Landing, arguably the epicenter of the biggest plot twists in the series.

Could be. Nice catch. 

On 10/8/2020 at 5:43 PM, JonSnow776 said:

WHAT??

WHERE'S THE DRAGON, HUH?

Nice one :)

I don't think for a second GRRM really means Littlefinger - but yeah, cool! Baelish qualifies. How ironic.

PS: I wanted to quote Stannis Baratheon*, not you, but hey. Wrong click.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 6:24 AM, Dalinar said:

Hi, I am relatively new here. I have read somewhere that show spoilers are forbiden in the book forum. Yet I read often show spoilers in the book forum. Is it just a mistake or is the rule (considering the time that has passed) not aplied anymore? 

You think you could tell me how to increase my rating level from Lowborn to Highborn or something like that?

23 hours ago, JonSnow776 said:

You think you could tell me how to increase my rating level from Lowborn to Highborn or something like that?

it changes when you reach certain amount of posts made, the specific amount for each is in the FAQ

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Syrio Forel is no more dead in the show than in the books. I believe GRRM was speaking of some significant character, unquestionably dead on the show. Whose action would be a major twist.

The best I've seen would be Barristan, deserting Dany for fAegon. Following her association with Dothrakis and other foreign forces.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, TheLastWolf said:

Who let the wolves out.... Who whoo whoo why whoo

Translator, please! I need a @TheLastWolf translator over here!

On 4/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, TheLastWolf said:

Praying for GRRM to finish the damn series 

Yep, yep, yep.

On 9/25/2020 at 6:23 PM, JonSnow776 said:

and I have believe I know who is gonna be the plot twist character who is dead on the show, but is alive in the books: Syrio Forel.

Hmmm, isn't Syrio Forel dead? 

5 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

The best I've seen would be Barristan, deserting Dany for fAegon. Following her association with Dothrakis and other foreign forces.

I feel that Barristan is too honorable for that. And wouldn't it take some time for news of fAegon to spread to Meereen, seeing as to they're currently fighting a war?

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I feel that Barristan is too honorable for that.

His oaths, his honor, is to serve the Westeros King. If he comes to believe Aegon is real, he will see no other choice. More so if Dany is lost to foreign influences: Dothrakis prophecy, Red Priests religion ...

Archived