US Politics: Ruthless Aggression

DMC

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

I guess there could be a difference between counting and reporting, though. Are the local election officials in PA going to add whatever portion of the absentees they count on election day into the total that day, or will they wait until they are all counted to report them?

My guess, based on how it works here, which may not be similar at all, is that absentee ballots are not reported as on the day votes, they are "special votes". Whereas I would expect if a state has a mail-in ballot option as an alternative and equal way people can choose to vote then such ballots should be reported as on the day votes. And of course, if the on the day result has a margin > than the total number of special votes received then the special votes aren't even counted.

Just now, Simon Steele said:

Trump's running circles around Biden. As much lying, hate, and bullshit he is spewing, he's making all kinds jabs about everything people have worried about with Biden. Shit show. Thanks Obama.

Really? That's your take away from this? That Trump is coming out of this looking good?

Just now, Simon Steele said:

Trump's running circles around Biden. As much lying, hate, and bullshit he is spewing, he's making all kinds jabs about everything people have worried about with Biden. Shit show. Thanks Obama.

If Biden did the same, we would have a veritable Kardashian cat fight.

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

Really? That's your take away from this? That Trump is coming out of this looking good?

No. He looks like shit. And he's making a fool of Biden...which is a real problem. And I clearly said Trump was lying, hateful, and full of shit, so I think you knew that.

He speaks clearly so people don't notice its all incorrect he keep saying Biden just said things he didn't. Its all so incoherent its impossible to follow so people will go on his manner. Republicans or swinging voters I mean. Biden comes across well only when he gets a bit of silence to speak in.

He lied again about COVID not affecting young people.

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

That's not how I am seeing this

1 minute ago, Simon Steele said:

It doesn't matter if he looks good, it matters that Biden looks worse even if an ounce.

Which he does here unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

Trump looks and sounds like a petulant third-grader who just shit his pants and is trying to blame it on his parents.

Yeah, Trump is jabbing and running his mouth, but Biden looks more like the adult here. Trump people will love what he's doing, Biden people will hate it - undecideds *shrug*. Biden looks marginally more adult, maybe that's enough.

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

No. He looks like shit. And he's making a fool of Biden...which is a real problem.

Yea, I definitely disagree. The biggest issue is Biden missing some opportunities for some strong jabs (Garland, Herman Cain).

Biden needs to stop following trumps lead.  This back and forth format, talk over and interrupt stuff favors Trump he heavily.  At the same time, enjoying watching what is clearly the nadir of US political discourse in real time.  Can't wait to tell my grandkids about this.  

and how many beers did you drink that night, grandpa larry?

1 minute ago, Castellan said:

He speaks clearly so people don't notice its all incorrect he keep saying Biden just said things he didn't. Its all so incoherent its impossible to follow.

He lied again about COVID not affecting young people.

Yeah. The Trump gish gallop tactic.

3 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Trump looks and sounds like a petulant third-grader who just shit his pants and is trying to blame it on his parents.

He sounded like a louche, imbecilic crumb before and people loved him.

2 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Yeah, Trump is jabbing and running his mouth, but Biden looks more like the adult here. Trump people will love what he's doing, Biden people will hate it - undecideds *shrug*. Biden looks marginally more adult, maybe that's enough.

But Hillary looked way more like an adult four years ago. It's not enough. Biden's message isn't getting through. I can't follow it.

I don't think attacking Trump on the economy is a good tactic. There is a reason it crashed and unless you're going to clearly explain why Trump made ti worse than it had to be, it's not convincing to the average person.

Archived