US Politics: Ruthless Aggression

DMC

So last year I was traveling in Europe and I noticed a lot of forests that were immaculately groomed. It confused me at first, but quickly realized how much central Europe relies on wood for heating and the stands I was seeing were tree farms. Is that where Trump is getting his groomed forest thing?

2 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

So last year I was traveling in Europe and I noticed a lot of forests that were immaculately groomed. It confused me at first, but quickly realized how much central Europe relies on wood for heating and the stands I was seeing were tree farms. Is that where Trump is getting his groomed forest thing?

Hmmm is that what Trump is really talking about when saying European groomed forests?

4 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

The biggest issue with Trump's bullshit is that only 3% of the state's forests are run by California. Most of it is federal or privately owned.

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

Hmmm is that what Trump is really taking about when saying European groomed forests?

I mean, I don't know, but I always think of that when I see Trump talking about it. I think he originally got it from a Finnish official, and I think that official has said Trump misunderstood him.

My mother always told me that in Poland the forests were immaculately kept. Among other things it meant that there were huge numbers of mushrooms growing in those forests, and mushroom picking was a huge thing. They couldn’t understand why the forests here weren’t looked after the same way.

Just now, Gertrude said:

Here's the thing - what political parties were talking about mail-in/absentee voting prior to this election? Oh, none of them? They don't actually care about fraud, you say? 

Well, to be fair, the Republicans have been harping about "voter fraud" for years. This is just another avenue of attack in a long, long battle.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

My mother always told me that in Poland the forests were immaculately kept. Among other things it meant that there were huge numbers of mushrooms growing in those forests, and mushroom picking was a huge thing. They couldn’t understand why the forests here weren’t looked after the same way.

I mean, they were. That's kind of the problem. Europeans tried to manage North American forests like they did European ones, and that doesn't work.

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Interesting. I was in Czech Republic mostly - mushrooming is really big there too :) I wonder if they've always been kept well because there are fewer of them (compared to North America) and people were keeping the floor clean by taking the wood for heat. Just kind of pondering out loud.

Archived