US Politics: Ruthless Aggression

DMC

6 minutes ago, Relic said:

Does anyone here think Biden should do the other 2 "debates"? At this point we all know what to expect. Why give this asshole any more air time?

Shit, the better question is should Trump do them?

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Shit, the better question is should Trump do them?

Apparently, going into the debate Mnuchin indicated he believed this would be the only debate, presumably because he meant to imply Biden would pull out or maybe as mormont says because they'd accuse him of cheating and withdraw themselves.

Some wag quipped that he must have seen Trump's debate prep, such as it was.

11 minutes ago, mormont said:

Trump might well refuse to do them IMO - maybe that's what all the drug test, earpiece check stuff was about, laying ground for a subsequent withdrawal?

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

Apparently, going into the debate Mnuchin indicated he believed this would be the only debate, presumably because he meant to imply Biden would pull out or maybe as mormont says because they'd accuse him of cheating and withdraw themselves.

Some wag quipped that he must have seen Trump's debate prep, such as it was.

Like was discussed the other day and what I've said for years, it's all projection. Dipshit Donnie was displaying behavior that of a raging, angry coke head. 

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So to those poor souls that decided to watch it.

How bad was it on a scale: from the crack pipe over there, actually starts to look kinda appealing to I think I should give writing in Kanye another thought.

I had it on and my wife, who'd just come home from working 12 hours at the hospital, started crying.

If Trump were to back out of the next debate the logical thing for Biden to do would be to show up in Florida and do a town hall in it’s place. I suspect the networks would back that up because they would want to be seen as doing everything possible to bring information to voters and the time has been slotted anyway.  

And if Trump announces he’s not going to do the debate, who in their right mind would take him at his word? He could change his mind at the last minute and then accuse the networks of some kind of conspiracy if they didn’t come through with the time slot. Or, he could promise to do the debate and pull out at the last moment, hoping to sabotage Biden. This is bizarro time, expect the unexpected.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

Trump might well refuse to do them IMO - maybe that's what all the drug test, earpiece check stuff was about, laying ground for a subsequent withdrawal?

#JoeWired is trending, apparently the nutjobs found several instances of a wire like object under Joe's shit, and something in the cuff of his sleeve as well. Soooo, yeah. 

2 hours ago, OnionAhaiReborn said:

Undecided voters call Trump ‘unhinged’ and ‘un-American’ — but unswayed by debate

:lol:

Amazing headline. "Yeah he's unhinged and all but y'know I'm still just not sure..."

Obviously 15 people is a small unrandom sample. But still, I actually think that 40% of a group of undecided voters saying they are now "decided" after watching one debate is rather remarkable. People who are still undecided at this point are sort of by definition people with very undecisive personalities. Many of them are going to stay undecided until election day and, if they do vote, worry that they picked the wrong one afterward. 

2 hours ago, Castellan said:

You wouldn't think someone whose sister, the judge, said he paid someone to sit his SATs would launch this kind of attack.

This is what people with extreme narcissism do. Saying others are bad for doing things they themselves do, to an even greater extent, is one of the defining characteristics of that condition. 

I am watching the founder of the BET network on CNBC rationalizing why he’s still supporting Trump. “From a business point of view I will take the person I know over the person I don’t know.” There’s no way to know what Biden will do policy wise, he says. And when asked about the coronavirus and Biden saying wear a mask and follow science, off he goes saying science says all kinds of things. Asked about Trump not denouncing white supremacy, he said “let me answer your other point first”.

This is a major black businessman, guys. The interview was both sad and hilarious.

Archived