Acrophobia #39 Raven messages continued.

Castellan

Welcome to the game.

New players, old players, please join in.

It's a continuation of Gabe's Raven messages and so I copy his rules here:

Each round will provide a sender and recipient of a message with a time window within the books, your job will be to write this message from the given acronyms. You may of course not use symbols, only acceptable punctuation and format for clarity.

Please send your creation to me in a private message - send me a private message thread entitled "Acrophobia #39: [insert your board name here]" Keep using this PM to send subsequent entries.

Scoring

You vote for your favourite three entries in order of preference.

1st place is worth 3 points

2nd place is worth 2 points

3rd place is worth 1 point

You will receive a point for creating an entry and a point for voting.

The player with the highest number of 1st place votes will gain an extra 3 points, 2 points each if there is tie.

Players (so far - anyone may join in at any time)

@a free shadow @Jez Bell @Count Balerion @Dolorous Gabe @Howlin' Howland @Ser Not Appearing @RhaenysBee

Round 1

Some time after he sailed from Volantis, Gerion Lannister had a chance to send a message to Tywin. What did it say? 

Reminder of Gerion's situation, courtesy of Tyrion's musings in ADWD:

"I know some sailors say that any man who lays eyes upon that coast is doomed." He did not believe such tales himself, no more than his uncle had. Gerion Lannister had set sail for Valyria when Tyrion was eighteen, intent on recovering the lost ancestral blade of House Lannister and any other treasures that might have survived the Doom. Tyrion had wanted desperately to go with them, but his lord father had dubbed the voyage a "fool's quest," and forbidden him to take part.

And perhaps he was not so wrong. Almost a decade had passed since the Laughing Lion headed out from Lannisport, and Gerion had never returned. The men Lord Tywin sent to seek after him had traced his course as far as Volantis, where half his crew had deserted him and he had bought slaves to replace them. No free man would willingly sign aboard a ship whose captain spoke openly of his intent to sail into the Smoking Sea.

Acronyms (choose one)

jvfwl

pgohqsy

imowstofn

Deadline Thursday 1 Oct 10 

if you can get it in by midnight 1 October in whatever time zone you are in that should work OK for me.

Round 1 entries. Please vote for your favourite 3

1. Insurgents managed. Onward with slaves through opaque fog! Nigh!   

2. In murky ocean withstanding smoke, tears of fallen natives.

3. Jolted . . . volcanic fragments, we're listing!!!

4. Join Valyricorp! Free wyrm lunches!

5. I've made off with slaves...  Toodle-oo, for now. 

6. Journey. Vampires. Frozen. Warn. Lethal.

Please vote asap but definitely by Thursday

ROUND 2 Eddison Tollett

Dolorous Edd is posted at Longbarrow, last seen he was returning to the Wall to pick up six more cart loads of spear wives.

Later he sends a message to Lord Snow from Long barrow. How are things going there, with all those wild women?

upbws

apwaaah

ocpwkqqdd

OK those are truly trying, terrible letters. Sorry.

How about due on 7 October?

1 minute ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

qqdd is hilarious

Really? 

Its amazing what some people can do with these letters, though. I would expect you to be one who would rise to the challenge.

Archived