Football: You Can't Handball The Truth

polishgenius

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

That's a worse performance than Roy Hodgson ever inflicted upon us. Just utterly clueless.

yes, but what explains this? after we beat 3 teams including superior teams than Villa in Chelsea and Arsenal with most of the same players? ok, ona bad day even the best can lose, but this way, against Villa who almost got relegated last season?

2 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

yes, but what explains this? after we beat 3 teams including superior teams than Villa in Chelsea and Arsenal with most of the same players? ok, ona bad day even the best can lose, but this way, against Villa who almost got relegated last season?

Well, the only thing I can think of is that Soylent is finally proven right and all your players are shit and Klopp really doesn’t know what he’s doing.

6 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Liverpool came way too early for Chelsea. They still need(ed) time to fit their new signings in. Last couple of games it looked like they started to click offensively. Today you were sorely missing two of your key players. Mane (best player on the team (arguably not named van Dijk)) and Alison Becker.

Looks like the number of games finally got to van Dijk. He had been a bit dodgy during the last few games. And that should worry you more than anything.

Bad day at the office is the only explanation needed. It happens sometimes. Liverpool beat Chelsea and Arsenal quite comfortably and will most likely win the league again or finish 2nd at worst.

United fans are the ones with a lot to be worried about. We have a worse squad with a much worse manager. We've been played off the park by Palace and Brighton previously. Whereas you can chalk this up to an anomaly for Liverpool, for United this could be par for the course.

VVD wasn't the problem - teams always target the other centre back, and they had plenty of joy against Gomez today.

The stupid thing is we scored more goals and conceded fewer in 18/19 when we played a deeper defensive line. We don't need to play this recklessly.

Keita and Wijnaldum were both hopeless too, so hopefully things will improve once we have Thiago and Henderson available again.

I've not been to watch any games, saw the highlights, and all I can say for what happened today is :lmao:

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

We were pretty much playing without a keeper, to be fair!

Outside his stupidity at the first goal, the rest would have required some superhuman abilities for Adrian to stop them. Considering all the horrible deflections, I'd say you had too many players... in the wrong positions. ;)

44 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I've not been to watch any games, saw the highlights, and all I can say for what happened today is :lmao:

Outside his stupidity at the first goal, the rest would have required some superhuman abilities for Adrian to stop them. Considering all the horrible deflections, I'd say you had too many players... in the wrong positions. ;)

The first goal makes a massive difference. It means we're chasing the game. It also makes our defenders much less confident in Adrian, while giving the Villa players confidence that their game plan will work. While we have Adrian in goal, other teams will expect to score goals against us much more easily.

He was all over the place for a few of their other goals too. He was piss poor. Given how often he makes mistakes, I'd argue that he's the worst keeper ever to play for Liverpool in my lifetime.

7 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

The first goal makes a massive difference. It means we're chasing the game. It also makes our defenders much less confident in Adrian, while giving the Villa players confidence that their game plan will work. While we have Adrian in goal, other teams will expect to score goals against us much more easily.

He was all over the place for a few of their other goals too. He was piss poor. Given how often he makes mistakes, I'd argue that he's the worst keeper ever to play for Liverpool in my lifetime.

Adrian isn't good.

However, none in the backline did anything resembling a mediocre job in terms of positioning, passing, tackling or blocking. If that's solely down to Adrian, they are individually and collectivley extremely overvalued. 

As I think they are not, it's wrong to blame Adrian for the game. Defensively, Liverpool were collectively shit - from Adrian to Firmino. I'd personally say Gomez was the worst of the bunch yesterday. 

40 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Adrian isn't good.

However, none in the backline did anything resembling a mediocre job in terms of positioning, passing, tackling or blocking. If that's solely down to Adrian, they are individually and collectivley extremely overvalued. 

As I think they are not, it's wrong to blame Adrian for the game. Defensively, Liverpool were collectively shit - from Adrian to Firmino. I'd personally say Gomez was the worst of the bunch yesterday. 

I'd agree about Gomez, but the problem is Gomez and Firmino quite often play well, whereas with Adrian a good game is an outlier.

Archived