Football: You Can't Handball The Truth

polishgenius

2 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

VVD walking off unaided is a good sign that it won't turn out to be a major injury.Right? :unsure:

Cause i can't see Matip remaining uninjured during the whole season going by his record.Then our season would be truly fucked.

It looked a really bad tackle.  I think Alisson, VVD and Thiago will all be out for quite a while.

Aside from the incompetence of the ref to not give a red card, it’s just more of the same shithouse mentality from Everton.  What does a red card even achieve when their players will just keep launching into more leg-breakers again and again?  Sure we would have won with Pickford sent off early, but we should have won anyway.  That doesn’t change our season being badly hit by serious injuries that were intentionally inflicted.  Even if Everton players get suspensions, they’re still happy if they’ve kicked us out of the title race.

I used to play in local “derbies” like that as a teenager against the neighboring towns.  Football went out the window and it was 90 minutes of grudge settling.  You’d even see players who didn’t turn out for the team the rest of the season, but they showed up to take a cheap hit at someone.

5 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

It looked a really bad tackle.  I think Alisson, VVD and Thiago will all be out for quite a while.

Aside from the incompetence of the ref to not give a red card, it’s just more of the same shithouse mentality from Everton.  What does a red card even achieve when their players will just keep launching into more leg-breakers again and again?  Sure we would have won with Pickford sent off early, but we should have won anyway.  That doesn’t change our season being badly hit by serious injuries that were intentionally inflicted.  Even if Everton players get suspensions, they’re still happy if they’ve kicked us out of the title race.

I used to play in local “derbies” like that as a teenager against the neighboring towns.  Football went out the window and it was 90 minutes of grudge settling.  You’d even see players who didn’t turn out for the team the rest of the season, but they showed up to take a cheap hit at someone.

Normally, I don't bother with you after a derby, you're full of it and I know it. 

The bolded, however, is simply shitty thinking badly done. Get over yourself, already.

ETA: won't respond if you get angry, I've said what I'll bother say to you about this game. 

5 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Normally, I don't bother with you after a derby, you're full of it and I know it. 

The bolded, however, is simply shitty thinking badly done. Get over yourself, already.

ETA: won't respond if you get angry, I've said what I'll bother say to you about this game. 

You can defend your team, but evidence isn’t on your side.

1 minute ago, Iskaral Pust said:

You can defend your team, but evidence isn’t on your side.

I'm not, however, am I? I'm just pointing out that you dropped your brain somewhere after the derby (as you did last year) and live in the fantasy land where everything is about stopping Liverpool, not about getting points for your own team. 

I said get over yourself, I meant it. 

Meanwhile...

Celtic :crying:

1 minute ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

FFS Zouma and Kepa what a circus....

Beauty of a play right after though. We'll just have to rely on scoring 3 goals or more a game which is sure to work.

Well, you invested heavily into your offense.

Just now, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Meanwhile...

Celtic :crying:

Well, you invested heavily into your offense.

Indeed. Too much inconsistency in the defensive lineup imo. Always a new cb partnership and Mendy got a minor injury on the break. That doesn't help. Excited to see what Ziyech can do now that he's finally fit enough to come off the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

The difference is Southampton have a manager who can set up a team properly.

Hasenhuttl is a very good coach. No disrespect to Southampton but he could/should be managing a side with greater ambitions than just avoiding relegation. A well coordinated press is always a sign of good coaching and Southampton definitely have that. 

So Tony Adams while previewing city and Arsenal was talking about how great Aguero is and he says "I'd love to have kicked him what a player" might be my favourite thing I've heard an 'expert' say on one of these game previews

Archived