Football: You Can't Handball The Truth

polishgenius

Chelsea's defence is so bad it's hilarious. Lampard needs to sort his prorities out pronto.

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

It looked a really bad tackle.  I think Alisson, VVD and Thiago will all be out for quite a while.

Aside from the incompetence of the ref to not give a red card, it’s just more of the same shithouse mentality from Everton.  What does a red card even achieve when their players will just keep launching into more leg-breakers again and again?  Sure we would have won with Pickford sent off early, but we should have won anyway.  That doesn’t change our season being badly hit by serious injuries that were intentionally inflicted.  Even if Everton players get suspensions, they’re still happy if they’ve kicked us out of the title race.

Obviously both Richarlison and Pickford deserved red cards but getting vexed about Everton's shithousing when Mane and your midfield spent the whole day kicking lumps out of Allan, for some reason, and Rodriguez is some hypocrisy. Robertson kicking out at Allan for having the nerve not to fall over when Robertson pushed him was a particular highlight, it wasn't a violent challenge but he's lucky it didn't get spotted coz we've seen sendings off for that sort of thing. Mane clutching his head to make out he'd been kicked after heading the ball while Andre Gomez foot was nearby was solid shithousery too. Liverpool are no less dirty than any of their opponents so get off the high horse.

eta: this little bit of nonsense from Mane which we missed coz Richarlison hit Tiago just after too.

1 hour ago, Soylent Brown said:

I don't think there was any intent from Pickford, it was just stupid and clumsy, but no idea what Richarlison was thinking there.

Both of them were clumsy stupid tackles for legitimate balls, Richarlison's looked worse coz his studs came over the ball which always looks terrible but neither one was trying to injure the opponent.

14 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Robertson kicking out at Allan for having the nerve not to fall over when Robertson pushed him was a particular highlight, it wasn't a violent challenge but he's lucky it didn't get spotted coz we've seen sendings off for that sort of thing.

Just for the record, way I saw it was Doucouré giving Robertson a shove, Robertson losing his footing.

No idea why he then kicked the back of Allan's leg, that part I couldn't grasp.

6 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

There was shithousery from both sides though, serious incidents aside.

Oh I'm absolutely not saying Everton were innocents.

Eta: Arteta starting with just Bukayo Saka is a bold move but hopefully the other 9 outfield players will have fresh legs when they come on.

Archived