Will there be more Robert Strongs?

Alyn Oakenfist

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

And one of the most interesting questions/scenarios at this point is what wonderful things Qyburn and Euron are going to do once Cersei and Euron hook up.

Wonderful is not the word I'd use. I'm thinking more in the line of eldritch abominations

We have Beric Dondarion being resurrected 7 times, Lady Stoneheart, Robert Strong, potentially undead Jon Snow... I honestly think we're reaching the limit on undead eldritch abominations in this story. Besides, Robert Strong is a singularly horrifying creation that will have major implications going forward. Qyburn making more just lessens the shock value. 

There's really not much shock value at this point. Lady Stoneheart is basically the personification of shock value doesn't equal good storytelling anyway. Beric was two lives short of a cat, the Mountain's mad science was probably the most interesting resurrection. Jon's presumed resurrection already seems anticlimactic and we haven't even read it yet. Not even touching the Others and the wights. The ship has long since sailed on over saturation of resurrections. 

I am curious to see if those super soldiers have any weaknesses. Or author talks a lot how dangerous and unreliable magic is but in practice magic users in the books seem to gain huge victories without having serious problems. After all any possible failures of magic like Summerhall happened b4 beginning of the serie.

So it is possible that Ser Strong will become an example about failure of magic. Or Cercei will find out hard way that instead of having unstoppable juggernaut as her champion that would actually become inanimate rotting corpse. If that phenomena happens during her juridical duel that would mean massive and almost certainly fatal consequences for her.

17 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

So it is possible that Ser Strong will become an example about failure of magic. Or Cercei will find out hard way that instead of having unstoppable juggernaut as her champion that would actually become inanimate rotting corpse. If that phenomena happens during her juridical duel that would mean massive and almost certainly fatal consequences for her.

Or maybe he's just revealed for what he is, an undead eldritch abomination, during the fight resulting in a mistrial and Cersei's death

One name that hasn't come up (much) and I'm surprised I hadn't thought about it until thinking on this thread is Loras Tyrell who like the Mountain, is in Kings Landing, on deaths door, and is a notable and formidable candidate for some Qyburn lovin. The mountain was a huge and powerful brawler not known for speed, so it's not hard to imagine him being his same self and retaining what made him special (size and strength). For Loras, I wonder if his speed and grace would be retained with reanimation.  The best comparison could be with someone like Beric who was reanimated and says he was less than he was each time, but he's still a tough out in combat, so a diminished Loras could till be a serious addition to Cersei's stable.  There's a lot to consider with it too since he could potentially keep his identity since the Mountain was supposed to have been sacrificed to the Martells, so he had to be introduced as someone else.  With Loras, he's critically burned at the moment, so he may have to get a new identity, but I'd be curious to know what others think on this. 

Are there any other characters who are near death that could grow Cersei's reanimated Queens guard? Maybe one or more of the Kettleblack's will be available soon ;)

I'm just curious as to what kind of undead Strong is. We know about Ice and Fire wights, but strong seems to be something else entirely. I doubt however we will ever get a full explanation on how he was made, I think it will remain a mystery.   

Archived