Fate of Lady Stoneheart in WoW

JonSnow776

Ever since I finished the book series, there was one thing that has been haunting me while I am waiting for WoW to come out: What is gonna happen to Lady Stoneheart/Catelyn Stark revived. It's obvious she's not gonna be POV again, and I have been wondering what her fate is gonna be. Will she learn the truth about Roose Bolton's words to Robb at the Red Wedding about Jaime, or will she go down as one of the most hated characters in the series. I have been kind of hoping that Arya or one of the Stark children will reunite with her and she will learn the truth about what's going on. Maybe, maybe not, I don't know.

What do you guys think?

4 hours ago, JonSnow776 said:

Ever since I finished the book series, there was one thing that has been haunting me while I am waiting for WoW to come out: What is gonna happen to Lady Stoneheart/Catelyn Stark revived. It's obvious she's not gonna be POV again, and I have been wondering what her fate is gonna be. Will she learn the truth about Roose Bolton's words to Robb at the Red Wedding about Jaime, or will she go down as one of the most hated characters in the series. I have been kind of hoping that Arya or one of the Stark children will reunite with her and she will learn the truth about what's going on. Maybe, maybe not, I don't know.

What do you guys think?

no, she wont understand anything. it is downward spiral. I think she ll be destroyed in a gruesome manner, devoured by vermin, devoured by wolves, burned, smashed by a 100 tons weight from a clear sky or sth like that

I suppose the question could just as easily be: Does she die in Winds or in Dream? There's no way she makes it to the end as a happy-soggy-zombie-mom, right?? LSH is one of the most mysterious characters I'm looking forward to learning more about as I could see her storyline plausibly going in a number of interesting ways. But when I really think about how she would go out I can only come up with three ways of it happening..

1. Someone kills her (again).

2. She disappears after satiating whatever is driving her never to be seen again. Maybe an Obi Wan Kenobi fade away?

3. She gives up her own life to save someone else's as Beric did to her. 

Any of these endings for would be quite enjoyable imo. Entertaining the who's and how's on this one is pretty fun!   

On 9/29/2020 at 2:06 PM, Mithras said:

What is the point of killing Cat, especially while bragging about killing major characters and dissing other works on that front? 

That is what I'm thinking.

The author has brought back Berric, Cat, Gregor Clegane, probably Jon. There is no author out there who I know that has brought so many people from the dead. 

7 hours ago, Dalinar said:

The author has brought back Berric, Cat, Gregor Clegane, probably Jon. There is no author out there who I know that has brought so many people from the dead. 

https://screenrant.com/harry-potter-characters-returned-from-the-dead/

JK Rowling

She doesn't bring them back physically like George, but they come back as spirits or such with consciousness. HP and pettigrew are not like that though

LOTR has more I think, like Gandalf. JRR Tolkien supposedly influenced George's resurrections

Sherlock Holmes, Agent Smith (Matrix) and Jack Sparrow, Optimus prime and who else?

Catwoman, Avengers endgame (trillions), et cetera 

38 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

https://screenrant.com/harry-potter-characters-returned-from-the-dead/

JK Rowling

She doesn't bring them back physically like George, but they come back as spirits or such with consciousness. HP and pettigrew are not like that though

LOTR has more I think, like Gandalf. JRR Tolkien supposedly influenced George's resurrections

Sherlock Holmes, Agent Smith (Matrix) and Jack Sparrow, Optimus prime and who else?

Catwoman, Avengers endgame (trillions), et cetera 

JKR: Well, she established in her first book that there are ghosts. Besides the houseghosts, who were in the story from the begining, none of the dead characters came really back. They are just a mere mirage of themselfes. Lily and the Maraurders are a memory rather than their real selfes. The images of finite incantantem aren't even memories but just images. Lily and the Maraurders apear for a short amount of time at the end of HP and the deathly hallows, but they are not really resurrected. That is basically the moral behind the "resurrection stone", if you had read the books. You can not bring back people from the dead. It is not comparable with the resurrection of ASOIAF characters, who act on their agenda and take an active role in the story. The article above is just clickbait and clearly shows that the author has no idea about HP. He has Harry Potter as Nr. 1 for Christ sake.

LoTR had just Gandalf as far as I remember. Who else?

Sherlock Holmes: Not a resurrection, but a retcon of his death. And the critics have nothing but despise for that. 

Rest: Those are movies, not novellas. As far as comic books go: first they are aimed for children, so the bar is not set very high. Besides, they don't have a finite story. They are produced as long as they can sell em. The origins are often changed, they are rebooted and so on. That is barely comparable with a novella.

LSH will arrest the Westerlings and execute them for betraying Robb. Jeyne will not be spared despite being innocent. Then LSH will infiltrate Riverrun during Daven's wedding and execute Freys/Lannisters. Again it's irrelevant who played no role in the Red Wedding. I believe it will be Arya who will give her the gift when she sees what her mother has become.

I think she might end up giving up her life to someone else just like Beric did. A bit too romantic for ASOIAF I know, but I imagine maybe that after Brienne brings Jaime to LSH (which I assume will happen in WoW) Brienne might be able to convince LSH to spare Jaime so they could go out looking for Sansa or Arya. Maybe they actually succeed but one of them is mortally wounded, so LSH passes on her life to either Brienne or Jaime. A bit too soppy for ASOIAF I know.

22 hours ago, Gravity Grave said:

I kind of thought that maybe she's already dead and that Brienne was brought back to life in her place to carry on exacting revenge, hence why Jaime described Brienne as looking quite different

I think Jamie described her as such because Biter mauled her face in AFFC

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 8:46 AM, Gravity Grave said:

I kind of thought that maybe she's already dead and that Brienne was brought back to life in her place to carry on exacting revenge, hence why Jaime described Brienne as looking quite different

Jamie hadn't seen Brienne since Biter bit a hole out of her face and that is what the comment is about.  For all it's worth, I didn't so much think LSH brought Brienne back, but I did think Brienne died the 1st time I read it.  

LSH is a bad guy.   No grey there.  She will eventually rest in peace.  I think it's likely someone will give her the gift of mercy which ties in nicely with her Mother Merciless moniker.   This creature is the character which will teach us all not to root so hard for revenge.    It's going to be bloody and ugly.  

• 2 weeks later...

A Feast for Crows - Brienne I

Only the soldier pines and sentinels still showed green; the broadleaf trees had donned mantles of russet and gold, or else uncloaked themselves to scratch against the sky with branches brown and bare. Every gust of wind drove swirling clouds of dead leaves across the rutted road. They made a rustling sound as they scuttled past the hooves of the big bay mare that Jaime Lannister had bestowed on her. As easy to find one leaf in the wind as one girl lost in Westeros. She found herself wondering whether Jaime had given her this task as some cruel jape. Perhaps Sansa Stark was dead, beheaded for her part in King Joffrey's death, buried in some unmarked grave. How better to conceal her murder than by sending some big stupid wench from Tarth to find her?

Jaime would not do that. He was sincere. He gave me the sword, and called it Oathkeeper. Anyway, it made no matter. She had promised Lady Catelyn that she would bring back her daughters, and no promise was as solemn as one sworn to the dead. The younger girl was long dead, Jaime claimed; the Arya the Lannisters sent north to marry Roose Bolton's bastard was a fraud. That left only Sansa. Brienne had to find her

.I think Brienne still believes this and she and Jaime will have to continue searching for the daughters now that LSH certainly knows from the BwB, that Arya, at least, is still alive.

23 hours ago, LynnS said:

Correct.  So far Littlefinger has been able to hide her., But she does know about about Arya passing through. 

The real shock for LSH will be finding out that Rickon and Bran are alive, that Jon Snow was assassinated and then resurrected, that Jon Snow has accepted kingship of the North and/or that Winterfell has been reclaimed for House Stark...with Sansa at the head of a Vale army.

Honestly, that bout of information would make her stop everything she was doing in the Riverlands and make a beeline for Winterfell.

• 1 month later...

Archived