Jump to content

Fate of Lady Stoneheart in WoW


JonSnow776
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/29/2020 at 7:32 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

I see her trying to kill one of her own kids.

I can see that.

I can see her trying to kill Arya when they first meet. A misunderstanding that is resolved relatively cleanly.

But I can really see her trying to kill her own children if she somehow becomes susceptible to whatever magic the Others are using to create wights and then becomes a mindless flesh-eating zombie.

That's it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

My wish would be for Melisandre, in conjunction with Thoros maybe, ending LSH story. 

Beric seems to have given his life to resurrect LSH.  If the books follow the TV show, we will see Melisandre using the Red God's power to resurrect YouKnowWho, so there would be nice symmetry in seeing Rh'llor's followers also tidying up the results of a previous use of those same powers.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, Dalinar said:

JKR: Well, she established in her first book that there are ghosts. Besides the houseghosts, who were in the story from the begining, none of the dead characters came really back. They are just a mere mirage of themselfes. Lily and the Maraurders are a memory rather than their real selfes. The images of finite incantantem aren't even memories but just images. Lily and the Maraurders apear for a short amount of time at the end of HP and the deathly hallows, but they are not really resurrected. That is basically the moral behind the "resurrection stone", if you had read the books. You can not bring back people from the dead. It is not comparable with the resurrection of ASOIAF characters, who act on their agenda and take an active role in the story. The article above is just clickbait and clearly shows that the author has no idea about HP. He has Harry Potter as Nr. 1 for Christ sake.

It's pretty clear that there is an afterlife in the Harry Potter universe. Literally all the signs point that way, from the ghosts that can still learn new and remember information* and who are sentient enough to continue doing their jobs, the Veil in the Department of Mysteries, the story of the Resurrection Stone, at least one of Dumbledore's conversations, the whole scene with Voldy's broken soul at the train station. Heck, iirc it was also confirmed by Rowling.

I think it significantly more likely that the Stone brings back an incorporeal spirit of the dead back to this world, but only for a brief moment and not in a way that would be enjoyed long term by either the bringer or the brought.

*Nick remembers the new students' names, the Ravenclaw ghost recalls in incredible detail her meeting with Tom, etc.

Edited by Ivashanko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2020 at 2:46 AM, Gravity Grave said:

I kind of thought that maybe she's already dead and that Brienne was brought back to life in her place to carry on exacting revenge, hence why Jaime described Brienne as looking quite different

Yes I think that's possible (I seem to remember he think she looks just aweful and it may not be just the big bite bandage but the effects of being hung and then revived.)

But equally she may just be doing what she decided to do when she croaked out her word, presumably 'sword'. I think she thought Pod was the only innocent person there and that she could not watch him die out of loyalty to Jaime. If so, she's taking him to Lady S and I think that he is then likely to be killed (trial by combat with Brynden?) and then revived because he may have convinced Lady S, somewhat late, that she may get some use out of him alive.

Definitely this chain of people that started with Thoros reviving Beric is not yet complete.

 

 

Edited by Castellan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, BlackLightning said:

I don't think she is going anywhere until Dream

I feel like that she cannot go until she:

  • reunites with Bran
  • learns the truth of who Jon is

Those things cannot happen until Dream. When she will cross paths Arya is up in the air though but I'm leaning towards Dream as well.

Truthfully I never thought of a connection to Jon. Now certainly her original self would have needed to learn who Ned is, but this lady Stoneheart is not the same. So I'm not sure. I certainly think Bran will discover something and have long held that Arya will end her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What we may think is that Arya will not kill the Nights King in the show form. We know that Lady Stoneheart was eliminated from the story, and then could not continue her mission to kill the Freys. We know that Wyman did the pie thing and probably not Arya.. Arya’s destiny seems not the same as in the show. The whole emphasis on mercy is important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 6:53 AM, remiel6 said:

Truthfully I never thought of a connection to Jon. Now certainly her original self would have needed to learn who Ned is, but this lady Stoneheart is not the same. So I'm not sure. I certainly think Bran will discover something and have long held that Arya will end her. 

Why does everyone think Lady Stoneheart is a completely different being than Catelyn?

Lady Stoneheart caresses Robb's crown (after carefully searching for it and retrieving it...without being noticed) and is clearly searching for Arya so much so that she has created orphanages--which are a new, unheard of creation in Planetos. And she's arguably a better strategic and tactical leader than Beric Dondarrion ever was...which is unsurprising given the intelligence and political acumen Catelyn had in life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlackLightning said:

Why does everyone think Lady Stoneheart is a completely different being than Catelyn?

Lady Stoneheart caresses Robb's crown (after carefully searching for it and retrieving it...without being noticed) and is clearly searching for Arya so much so that she has created orphanages--which are a new, unheard of creation in Planetos. And she's arguably a better strategic and tactical leader than Beric Dondarrion ever was...which is unsurprising given the intelligence and political acumen Catelyn had in life.

Is it true that Lady Stoneheart is responsible for establishing orphanages? I didn't make the connection.

As for The Winds of Winter, I'm sure Arya and Lady Stoneheart will meet, perhaps around the end of the book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand how these undead creatures (Lady Stoneheart and Coldhands AND the wights, now that I think on it) are able to move their joints in freezing conditions. There's no blood warming their joints and muscles. They should be too stiff to move. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, $erPounce said:

Is it true that Lady Stoneheart is responsible for establishing orphanages? I didn't make the connection.

 

There's no real such thing as orphanages in this world. Impoverished orphans just raise themselves and roam the world until they become adults (like Dany and Viserys) or they join near-monastic orders and gain a skill (like Arya, Jon or, to a lesser degree, Sam)

But yet...here they are.

2 hours ago, Melifeather said:

I don't understand how these undead creatures (Lady Stoneheart and Coldhands AND the wights, now that I think on it) are able to move their joints in freezing conditions. There's no blood warming their joints and muscles. They should be too stiff to move. LOL

Magic.

Well, Cat, Beric and maybe Jon will maybe be different as they are resurrected with fire.

4 hours ago, $erPounce said:

As for The Winds of Winter, I'm sure Arya and Lady Stoneheart will meet, perhaps around the end of the book.

Either they are meeting at the very end or at the very beginning (as in Arya's first chapter) in A Dream of Spring

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...