The Next Wolverine

TheLastWolf

Since the search function in the forum isn't as effective as I'd like, I couldn't find out if there were earlier threads about the next wolverine. And it has also been a long time since Hugh Jackman hung up his claws. And I really mean it when I say no one else can fill those huge shoes. What a long and great legacy! That too with a Guinness record.

As most fans want, I too want him to reprise his role, but let us be realistic. No sign of him returning from the character retirement.

So who's it gonna be next? The possible contenders for the next James "Logan" Howlett a.k.a The Wolverine are as follows:

Tom Hardy

Charlie Hunnam

Zac efron

Keanu Reeves

Henry Cavill

Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, Richard Armitage, Daniel Radcliffe, Luke Evans

Danny Devito (I'm serious)

Scott Eastwood

Who is your Fav and Y?

P..S. LOGAN deserved many Oscars. Like if you agree.

Jackman may return to reprise.....

30 minutes ago, mormont said:

Logan was a fine film but it got as many Oscars as it realistically deserved

I accept. :agree:

31 minutes ago, mormont said:

It did however give us the answer to your question: Dafne Keen

Laura is Laura. X-23. His daughter, clone or biological no matter. But Marvel Studios is planning to include the XMEN in the MCU, and there must be a male Logan/Wolverine, at least for old times sake. 

5 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Laura is Laura. X-23.

And also Wolverine.

5 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

His daughter, clone or biological no matter. But Marvel Studios is planning to include the XMEN in the MCU, and there must be a male Logan/Wolverine, at least for old times sake. 

Why?

Doing Laura as Wolverine would be a solid idea, at least as exciting as using Miles as Spider-Man in 'Into The Spider-Verse'.

11 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

So who's it gonna be next? The possible contenders for the next James "Logan" Howlett a.k.a The Wolverine are as follows:

Tom Hardy

Charlie Hunnam

Zac efron

Keanu Reeves

Henry Cavill

Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, Richard Armitage, Daniel Radcliffe, Luke Evans

Danny Devito (I'm serious)

Scott Eastwood

I think they would be unlikely to pick a really big star for the role, it's probably more likely to be someone relatively obscure like Jackman was at the time. Some of the people on your list might fall into that category but not the likes of Hardy or Reeves.

Yeah gotta say none of the names in the OP are particularly appealing to me - had to look up who Scott Eastwood was.  I'd be fine if they just had Laura as Wolverine, that actress did a great job.  Also be fine if they have a male wolverine, just hope she's still cast as X23 whenever they reboot XMen.

15 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Whoever it is.. can we get someone short please. 

Devito. Why, anyway? Just curious

13 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I think Clive Standen (Rollo from Vikings) could be a good Wolverine. 

Mesa thinks otherwise coz hesa too old. But nice pick

https://www.mycast.io/stories/x-men16/roles/wolverine/suggestions/clive-standen

6 hours ago, sifth said:

Karl Ubran would be my pick.

Okay-ish

6 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

it would be best if the actor cast would be around 30 or so (like Jackman was), so he will be able to cope with the physical demands of the role for quite some time.

Thats why young ones are. My choice same too. Late 20s to mid 30s.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

had to look up who Scott Eastwood was. 

What???!!! The Eastwood name didn't ring any bells? Clintie's son. Clint Eastwood man!!! Great actor and director. One of my favs. His son's a decent actor though.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah gotta say none of the names in the OP are particularly appealing to me

Tom Hardy looked badass

9 hours ago, mormont said:

at least as exciting as using Miles as Spider-Man in 'Into The Spider-Verse'.

There were still 2 Peter Parkers. We can have Laura, provided there is an original male Logan. 

9 hours ago, williamjm said:

I think they would be unlikely to pick a really big star for the role, it's probably more likely to be someone relatively obscure like Jackman was at the time. Some of the people on your list might fall into that category but not the likes of Hardy or Reeves.

Agreed. Charlie Hunnam?

2 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

What???!!! The Eastwood name didn't ring any bells? Clintie's son. Clint Eastwood man!!! Great actor and director. One of my favs. His son's a decent actor though.

I have an irrational hatred for Clint Eastwood.  And I don't think I've seen any of the movies Scott's been in (nor have I seen any of Clint's movies since..Mystic River due to said irrational hatred).

Hardy, meh, I could see it, but again, not too inspired.

31 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Obviously not Devito. The Wolverine I grew up with was a short grumpy asshole, I’d like to see more of that.

Oh,....ok

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

He’s younger than half the people in your OP...

These are the ages of contenders in my OP. In order:

43, 40, 32, 56, 37, 41, 41, 49, 31, 41, 75+ (lol), 34

…………………..

40+ = 6, 40- +6

It’s a tie, man!

And Standon is 40 while avg age of my OP contenders is 37.3

LOL ROFL

Edited by TheLastWolf

Wolverine is a full foot shorter than me and about 80 lbs heavier.

As for actors...I guess I prefer an unknown to anyone I can think of right now.

I prefer Laura remain X-23.  I usually despise knock-off characters but I like X-23.  Sort of like I prefer...if Batman is dead...Batman just be dead and Grayson remain Nightwing instead of Grayson becoming a new Batman.  Laura is cool as X-23. 

Even though younger me gets it [I suppose] the obsessing over Logan/Jim casting is odd. Professor X, Scott, Jean, Logan, and Ororo are equally important casting imo, with Peter, Kitty, Rogue, Hank, Bobby, and arguably Warren not far behind. It's an ensemble. 

All I'm really invested in [at this point] is no origin bullshit. Have them hit the ground as already established. Also, no big bads right off the hop, have them fight a team, perhaps even the Avengers or the Hellfire Club then build up to your Magneto, Sinister, Apocalypse type showdowns.

Insofar as directly responding to the OP:

None of the above. But please, especially no Keanu [whom I do love] like, I don't even want to see Keanu as Marc Spector.

edit: after some thought I had to throw Peter, Kitty and Rogue in there too. 

Edited by JEORDHl