The Next Wolverine

TheLastWolf

59 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Kevin hart would make a great Beast

Pfft. Toad, maybe.

I really don't want to see him anywhere near Marvel franchises. DC can have him.  

It depends on how they're doing this. Ideally they'd wait until it's time to a full reboot of the MCU from scratch and do a reset of the board with everything on the table. But it sounds like they want to bring them in sooner. One option might be to a multiverse story and bring the mutant gene over to Earth that way, or to use the already-kind-of-established-Inhumans-setup or to even merge the existing characters altogether, but whilst that might work with Fassbender and McAvoy, it's not going to work with Jackman (who's already gone).

I was thinking today that Michael Huisman has got the look, but is a little on the tall side (at 6 foot exactly, although shorter than Jackman) and at 39 might not be the ideal age if they're thinking of having these characters around for ~20 years.

12 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I think the way to frame the story would that your average joe was ok with Superheroes, because they were there to save humanity and protect people.. well up until Age of Ultron and Civil War. Now most people are at the very least suspicious of superheroes.

But Mutants are something else. If the numbers of Mutants started to increase then you start to have a paranoia from humans that Mutants will replace them and wipe them out. A Cap America or Iron Man is just a couple of supes, but if you start seeing a huge rise in Mutants than suddenly people get scared and over react. That is how I would frame the story and it would pretty relevant politically. 

Yes, and there's real world parallels- for example, a lot of people in the US were fine with celebrities like Sidney Poitier and Sammy Davis Jr. in the 50's or 60's, and didn't like the KKK, but doesn't mean all these people wanted equal rights for black people, and even less wanted black families moving to their neighborhoods.

15 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Pfft. Toad, maybe.

I really don't want to see him anywhere near Marvel franchises. DC can have him.  

Did you seriously think that I was serious?! Sarcasm man. Too subtle, my bad

Leave Hart and Toad and Beast. DCEU is shit compared to MCU. But DC comics is equally great as Marvel comics. DC is more darker and realistic while Marvel is more like Disney with its happy endings and rainbows and unicorns. MCU tried to rectify it by killing off major characters in the Infinity Saga and they did a decent job. DC has really great complex characters who are in conflict with themselves and hats what even GRRM loves.

20 hours ago, Rhom said:

the Snappening

I couldn't grasp this reference so I googled it.  Probably not a good idea.

16 hours ago, Werthead said:

I was thinking today that Michael Huisman has got the look, but is a little on the tall side (at 6 foot exactly, although shorter than Jackman) and at 39 might not be the ideal age if they're thinking of having these characters around for ~20 years.

Some of the pics I see of Huisman make me think he might be alright.  I don't think height really matters.  Wolverine the comic book character is small but not every artist draws him that way.  Age might be more of a factor.  Wolverine should have a somewhat rugged appearance but the actor will age more quickly than the character which can be problematic.  As you say...20 years.  Still he might do alright.

I think I am more interested in an actor giving a great performance.  I mean of course.  Everyone is.

7 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Did you seriously think that I was serious?! Sarcasm man. Too subtle, my bad.

Oh, I totally did. I've heard/read more than a few people floating his name, re: comic films, and whenever I do it makes my head and neck do a weird tetanus ratchet, replete with grinding teeth.

Maybe they all were being sarcastic, in which case, fuck everyone.  

Edited by JEORDHl

Somebody said earlier that casting of Prof X, Storm, Bobby etc are also as important as Logan's. I agree that these characters are important for future films and potential series and MCU merging. 

But the hype of casting falls on very important character/s more than others. Robert Pattinson as the next Batman created more hype than Zoe Kravitz being cast as Catwoman. You can argue that it was a titular role, but Logan isn't much different. He is the most spotlighted of the Xmen.He has appeared in most of the Xmen films and has had cameos in others. Only he has had an origin and ending story as seperate films (Wolverine Origins and Logan). The Story revolves around him in Xmen (with Rogue), X2 (Strker), Last Stand (With Jean), Dyas of future past (Everything depended on his mission back in time). In The Wolverine, he got a spinoff standalone thriller.Cool and badass cameos in First class and Apocalypse respectively. Dark phoenix was shit (no logan, BS only).

All said, I agree that other characters casting must be discussed. So here's my Xmen

Logan = in OP

• Prof X = OLD-Tom Hanks, YOUNG-CGI/VFX Hanks (like in Scorcese's Irishman) or Mcavoy itself
  • Scott/Cyclops = Young-Spencer treat Clark, Old- James Franco
  • Jean = Young-Rose Leslie, Old-Amber Heard (as Redhead)
  • Storm = Zoe kravitz, Thandie Newton, Beyonce, Mbatha Raw and many more. Halle berry was best.
  • Beast/Hank = Nick Hoult
  • Mystique/Raven = JLaw
  • Magneto/Erik = Ralph Fiennes or Fassbender
  • Bobby/Iceman = Shia LaBeouf or Taylor Kitsch
  • Rogue = Anya Taylor-Joy or Katherine Langford
  • Nightcrawler = Kodi Smitt- Mcphee
  • Pyro = Nick Robinson
  • Quicksilver = Same as now (forgot name)
  • Juggernaut = Any darn big guy (The Mountain from GoT?)
  • Kitty = Millie Bobby brown
  • Archangel = Jose Hutcherson
  • Sryker (if appears) = Mark Wahlberg
  • Deadpool Xmen same

Any more?

35 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I think whoever you cast, the movies need a clean break from the previous generation, so no cross casting.. no Judi Dench in Bond scenarios. Start again from scratch.

Agreed.... and I'm sure that besides Ryan Reynolds, we'll see an entirely new MCU cast... which is going to be a fun watch... 
That said, almost every time I disagree with casting (especially in the MCU), I wind up being wrong.... however the thought of Charlie Hunnam as Wolverine is cringe inducing...   

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I think whoever you cast, the movies need a clean break from the previous generation, so no cross casting.. no Judi Dench in Bond scenarios. Start again from scratch.

I know. But I don't really expect my list to get fulfilled even 10%. So just fantasy fanfic. There it's my choice to mix characters from different generations. 

I'll put a serious list soon though 

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

Agreed.... and I'm sure that besides Ryan Reynolds, we'll see an entirely new MCU cast... which is going to be a fun watch... 
That said, almost every time I disagree with casting (especially in the MCU), I wind up being wrong.... however the thought of Charlie Hunnam as Wolverine is cringe inducing...   

Marvel's XMEN would sound like Marvel Sex men. 

I think Henry Cavill is lesser likely to be the Next Wolverine (though he looks badass as him, see OP for image link)…

…as he already has the burden of playing too many adapted characters. Superman, Sherlock Holmes and Geralt of Rivia (Witcher) all had high expectations which he lived up to (arguably), but what if he gets James Bond like he wants next? Daniel Craig’s advice to whoever will be the next 007 was only to not f**k it up. Wolverine’s claws would be too hot to handle with all this stuff on his back already.

Besides Cavill would only look good as a sullen, morose and angry Wolverine. But Jackman pulled both that and happy looks off easily.

If any new info crops up about the title of this topic/thread/OP, please share link here. Be it FB, Insta, Twitter, news, blog, magazines, YouTube, or anything. Thanks

On 10/5/2020 at 8:47 AM, Morpheus said:

I have seen a lot of people suggesting Urban because of his performance on The Boys, perhaps forgetting he is already part of the MCU; overall Jack Sparrowness aside though, when he is angry, I can kinda see it.

This might not be a deal breaker for them if they think he's the best person for the role. They've re-used actors in minor roles a few times (Quill's mother is in Captain America getting an autograph) and Gemma Chan had a decent role in Captain Marvel and is now playing one of the Eternals. 

4 hours ago, DMC said:

Sorry missed this until now, but say what?  Leslie is like 9 months younger than Heard.

Leslie has the young-ish face while Heard has the more mature look and behavior. Makeup can make them look 10 years apart.

EDIT

@DMC

You haven't bothered to reply yet coz,

• Agreed to disagree
  • agreed 
  • long reply incoming (unlikely)

Anything's fine. But i still think those two'd make great Jean greys

Edited by TheLastWolf

4 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

@DMC

You haven't bothered to reply yet coz,

• Agreed to disagree
  • agreed 
  • long reply incoming (unlikely)

Heh, a little bit of the first two, however contradictory that sounds.  I agree that Heard looks more mature than Leslie, but I still think they look around the same age thereabouts if I saw them on the street and had to guess.