The Next Wolverine

TheLastWolf

17 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Would Disney cast a less violent version of Logan if the merger happens with MCU @DMC

Do I think Disney MCU's Wolverine will be as violent as the film Logan?  No.  But other than that, I'd imagine the character will be portrayed just as violent as he was in all the other Fox films.  As WIB said, not like he's too controversial in them, seems on-par with where the MCU wants to situate itself.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:58 PM, Winterfell is Burning said:

A non-violent Wolverine is like a happy, sunny Batman or a sane, normal Joker. There's no point in using the character that way.

Plus, the reason some comic fans don't like Jackman's version is that he was already pretty neutered compared to the original.

I'd initially agree but then realised the 90s animated wolverine was what got me into the character and that was bizarrely when we only saw him use his claws if he was fighting a sentinel/cyborg, door or cutting guns in half. The version of him in "Wolverine and the X-men" was ok too - although they rather brilliantly made Cyclops into the rebellious loner in that show.

So, I think it's perfectly reasonable for them to be able to create a family friendly wolverine for the MCU. With the right casting and stories to feature him in. He tends to be a better "team" character when violence neutered though - probably because they lean in on his character more when he's not all amount being injured and causing injury.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

What do you think of Quentin Tarantino or Martin Scorcese then. Aesthetics. Art of violence. 

I'd prefer Peckinpah. The man really is the artist of violence

3 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

And an artist of making erotic rape scenes… 

The man had issues. Deep-seated issues. I can't remember any scene of the films of his I have seen where rape was played as erotic, but I wouldn't be surprised given how problematic the role of women is in his films.

He was a damn good film maker though, especially when there is action cinematography. 

Edited by Veltigar

40 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

The man had issues. Deep-seated issues. I can't remember any scene of the films of his I have seen where rape was played as erotic, but I wouldn't be surprised given how problematic the role of women is in his films.

He was a damn good film maker though, especially when there is action cinematography. 

Straw dogs man….  The first one with Charlie. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2020 at 1:47 PM, Morpheus said:

I have seen a lot of people suggesting Urban because of his performance on The Boys, perhaps forgetting he is already part of the MCU; overall Jack Sparrowness aside though, when he is angry, I can kinda see it.

Assuming this will be an alternate-universe Wolverine - I doubt they're expecting a 53-year-old to play a punishingly physical character role for potentially 1-2 decades to come - and they're still looking for a potential long-term replacement, casting an actor only 2 years younger than Jack seems like a bad idea. Even Cavill (39) might be at the age where you start having to think about their long-term prospects, especially for a character who doesn't age.

You'd probably be better looking at an actor in his late 20s or his very early 30s as Jackman was when he was cast.

37 minutes ago, Raja said:

man, does this mean i have to watch the deadpool movies. I love jackman in the role, and even though Logan's latter half was not the best I still enjoyed that movie.

The first Deadpool movie is a lot of fun.