US politics : clowns want their money back

Rippounet

One coincidence I haven't seen anyone mention.  In 2016, WaPo released the Access Hollywood tape on Friday, October 7, 31 days before the November 8th election.  Trump announced he has covid at 12:54 am eastern on Friday, October 2, 31 days before the November 3rd election.

32 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

As long as we're entertaining conspiracy theories, this is all just a prelude to Trump faking his death and escaping to South America.

Is there a better plan to avoid prosecution for multiple crimes after he leaves office, either in 2021 or 2025?

6 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

They were going to be voting for that anyway, so that's a non-factor. Diagnosed with COVID-19 will gain sympathy votes and will only lose him votes if he legit gets seriously ill and people actually think he might die. If he's a box of birds through this whole thing it's actually not a negative for him at all.

Sympathy hope you're not dying votes from Trump's base who worship him for his strength, alpha-maleness and virulent god on earth thing? From the people who thought his debate performance was awesome? From the people who think there's no need for masks because God will protect you? From the Proud Boys and other white supremacists?

You want to rally all of your voters to turn out and being on death watch isn't how you do that.

30 minutes ago, DMC said:

One coincidence I haven't seen anyone mention.  In 2016, WaPo released the Access Hollywood tape on Friday, October 7, 31 days before the November 8th election.  Trump announced he has covid at 12:54 am eastern on Friday, October 2, 31 days before the November 3rd election.

Oh shit. When did the Comey thing happen??

41 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

They were going to be voting for that anyway, so that's a non-factor. Diagnosed with COVID-19 will gain sympathy votes and will only lose him votes if he legit gets seriously ill and people actually think he might die. If he's a box of birds through this whole thing it's actually not a negative for him at all.

If you want to go into full conspiracy mode: They'll have Melania die in a couple weeks, while Trump makes a full recovery.

Not that I think this is the case, but its the only way I can see it playing to the point where anything changes politically.

Norman Swann seems to be saying on ABC that the risk of Biden getting it is quite real.  That they were both shouting, it was 90 minutes, inside, and it's not too different to things like the choir practice (which lead to huge infections).

A key question is how long ago Trump got infected, and what stage he was at when at the debate. 

1 hour ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Mostly I ignore the crazies, but now you’re just making stuff up. 

No I’m not.

In a conversation about the religious right pushing their agenda for “religious liberty” I made this point; most of the religious right  have no expectation of the privileges they’re fighting for to be offered to religions they don’t  approve of. And they expect government enforce their religious edicts on others—for example jailing people for homosexuality—despite their squeals of liberty.

That’s not how their thinking works. Christianity would still be the only religion that would really get special treatment. Their goal has always been Christian supremacy/exceptionalism. Most of them only use the phrase of “religious liberty” in order to sound more neutral. Sure, they’ll rush in defense whenever a Christian’s “religious rights” are under attack, but  anything else, will be treated as up for debate at best.

Like, Conservatives in the US squeal on and on how much they love freedom of religious .

Then we see that half of Republicans don’t think building mosques should be illegal. Then see their religious leaders openly bemoan the fact America is no longer throwing gays in cages.

In response you said this; 

Not sure how you can really be a Christian without believing that the only way to Salvation is through Christ. It is the fundamental principle of the religion.

So pushing for “Christian exceptionalism” should be a given for any true Christian.

Here I make a clear distinction, of course, between believers in Christianity on the one hand, and those who just feel an affinity to Christian values and traditions, but discard its fundamental truths, like many modern watered down “Christians”.

Christianity is by its very nature divisive. There is no getting away from that.

Rather than argue my characterization of much of religious right was inaccurate you merely tried to frame the things I said they want to do as just acting like a true Christian. 
After repeatedly trying to argue thinking gays deserve to go hell isn’t homophobic and crying saying such shouldn’t be allowed to get a person fired.

I am not taking you out of context.

@Heartofice 

I am disappointed that you did not laugh or express confusion at my last posts with an emoji.

How am I supposed to know if you agree with me or are simply too dim to understand what I said?

I want an emoji. Please do not reply with a post littered with nothing, but right wing virtue signaling.

Also for everyone else, yes I’m done with discussing this and don’t plan on derailing the thread.

I apologize.

5 minutes ago, ants said:

Norman Swann seems to be saying on ABC that the risk of Biden getting it is quite real.  That they were both shouting, it was 90 minutes, inside, and it's not too different to things like the choir practice (which lead to huge infections).

A key question is how long ago Trump got infected, and what stage he was at when at the debate. 

I guess having this debate over zoom may have proven the wisest decision.

If there is another debate while they’re in the room together, they should both wear masks.

Or if Harris and Pence have a debate in person they also need to wear masks.

34 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Sympathy hope you're not dying votes from Trump's base who worship him for his strength, alpha-maleness and virulent god on earth thing? From the people who thought his debate performance was awesome? From the people who think there's no need for masks because God will protect you? From the Proud Boys and other white supremacists?

You want to rally all of your voters to turn out and being on death watch isn't how you do that.

For them it could.

I don’t believe he’s faking, but this could be used as a rallying cry.

The deepstate are finally trying to kill trump with covid.

9 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

No I’m not.

In a conversation about the religious right pushing their agenda for “religious liberty” I made this point; most of the religious right  have no expectation of the privileges they’re fighting for to be offered to religions they don’t  approve of. And they expect government enforce their religious edicts on others—for example jailing people for homosexuality—despite their squeals of liberty.

In response you said this; 

Rather than argue my characterization of much of religious right was inaccurate you merely tried to frame the things I said they want to do as just acting like a true Christian. 
After repeatedly trying to argue thinking gays deserve to go hell isn’t homophobic and crying saying such shouldn’t be allowed to get a person fired.

That’s what you came up with? 

I’m cool being quoted as believing in the fundamental principles of the Christian faith.  No need to derail this thread trying to portray that as something controversial. 

And all this effort because I said the latest Trump conspiracy theories are paranoid.

3 hours ago, Kalibear said:

If 2020 is on brand trump will recover but he will have spread it to biden who will die

Yup, my reaction to 2020 giving us this news is that Fury Road gif of Hardy shaking his finger saying "that's bait"

25 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

That’s what you came up with? 

I’m cool being quoted as believing in the fundamental principles of the Christian faith.  No need to derail this thread trying to portray that as something controversial. 

And all this effort because I said the latest Trump conspiracy theories are paranoid.

Hmm, again rather than deny the idea of much of the religious right wanting government to deny privileges they enjoy to other religions, and wants government to punish for their perception of sin—I.e jail homosexuals—you frame it as simply acting like a true Christian—totally disregarding the squels of religious liberty.

Hmm I agree Trump probably isn’t faking. I’ve said so repeatedly.

I just kinda got chuckle at you digging others for their unreasonable views. 

17 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Yup, my reaction to 2020 giving us this news is that Fury Road gif of Hardy shaking his finger saying "that's bait"

We should know by the end of the day whether Biden caught the virus.

If one of them does die from the virus I wonder how that’d effect nominations for president in the future.

If either of these two were in their forties the idea of them dying from illness would be substantially lowered.

36 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

For them it could.

I don’t believe he’s faking, but this could be used as a rallying cry.

The deepstate are finally trying to kill trump with covid.

Even *if* you think it might work with some of his base (again, undermines his whole alpha male, virulent fascist thing), it will keep others of his base at home. It's going backwards

Adding -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hannity-touts-hydroxychloroquine-after-trump-tests-positive-for-covid-19?ref=home

Hannity's already trying to hype up how strong he is.

“Everything is going to be viewed through the prism of politics,” he concluded. “I would argue the health of everybody comes first. The president is strong, he is healthy, he is fit, he takes no medications that have bee made public that I’m aware of and I don’t think he takes any. I think that he’s probably a good candidate with therapeutics to make a quick speedy recovery and we pray for that.”

1 hour ago, ants said:

Bad enough having to debate him, now Biden could die because of it.

Archived