What's the weirdest debate you've ever seen on this forum?

Alyn Oakenfist

I remember one where a poster was insisting that Robb made Catelyn (assuming she'd have more kids) his heir as his remaining siblings were unacceptable or unavailable. The rationale for this was Robb didn't give a flying fig that the North and Winterfell would totally leave Stark hands and this was fine. It devolved into a stupid argument where the poster tried to get us to *prove* that the Westerosi really care about keeping things in the family which is what the books are all about with the Game of Thrones and all, but because such an obvious thing wasn't literally stated in black and white, he didn't care because it worked out for some sort of ends he favored.

36 minutes ago, SeanF said:

The seminal thread "Sansa;  The Portrait of a Psycopath."

I mean that's at least excusable. The poor man must have mixed up the books with the unholy abomination.

2 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Ned's not dead. He's Jaqen. Sharing body with Syrio Forel. 

I'll get back to you on that one once I'm done actually processing it. Should only take around a year or so

8 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean that's at least excusable. The poor man must have mixed up the books with the unholy abomination.

I'll get back to you on that one once I'm done actually processing it. Should only take around a year or so

Oh, this one is from years ago.

There were some good ones in the past.  Catelyn Stark, the Monster who tormented Jon;  Dany is the child of Rhaegar and Rhaella;  Is [random character] a Secret Targaryen?  Sansa is the Child of Catelyn and Littlefinger.

My favorite character is better than yours debates. Mance is Rhaegar, Jaqen is Rhaegar, Ashara is every female character we can't explain. RLJ is not a thing because it's too obvious. Tyrion was the one who was supposed to be poisoned at the purple wedding. The house with the red door is in Dorne. 

He's not, he's not, she's not. It's a thing. He wasn't. It's not.

I don't know what I'm doing here.

(F)Dany was the biggest bullshit I've read on this forum. Tho the "Brandon f**ks his own sister" is a honourable mention too. I just hope not. Also don't like the disfavorization of a theory/future option, because it is "too obvious" and "George would never write a happy ending" comments. Can you please stop? :) You guys should stop ignoring the thing that after all, this is a series of fantasy novels, where regular stories could still be written well, and the readers could get the bittersweet ending that they deserve.

13 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Along with Janos Slynt and the Boltons being the good guys.

I understand why Jon took Slynt's head. And I understand why Robb took Karstark's head. Who was right? Were either one of them right? Both had similar consequences. Or at least MASSIVE step stones to the end results.

5 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Just the weirdest, "are we actually debating this?" debates you've ever seen here. My personal pick is a while back when there was a debate of whether or not Tyrion actually killed Joffrey. Yours?

Was that the one where someone tried to argue that the Gods actually decide the outcome of trials by combat, therefore because the Mountain killed Oberyn Martell, Tyrion actually killed Joffrey?

4 minutes ago, lehutin said:

Was that the one where someone tried to argue that the Gods actually decide the outcome of trials by combat, therefore because the Mountain killed Oberyn Martell, Tyrion actually killed Joffrey?

I don't think so. It was the weird convoluted one about how the Tyrells somehow backed up and then Tyrion did it somehow picking up the pieces, and then he just doesn't member it or some such.

1 hour ago, Azarial said:

Why Randall Tarly was a good dad/person because having Sam tortured to toughen him up showed he cared....somehow. 

Blame the show, where Sam suddenly switched to thinking Randyll was a great dad who was unfairly executed.

5 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Quaithe is time travelling dany

Aerys is Jon's daddyO

Ned's not dead. He's Jaqen. Sharing body with Syrio Forel. 

I wasn't around when these were debated (if you can call it that) but saw these recently. 

The Ned’s not dead may be worthy of objective consideration. It sounds interesting. I haven’t read it. Not to disagree with your opinion as weirdest debate or poo poo on ya or anything :)

Archived