What's the weirdest debate you've ever seen on this forum?

Alyn Oakenfist

On 10/4/2020 at 11:44 PM, SeanF said:

The moderators squash such arguments swiftly.  

Other fora contain arguments that Cersei/Daenerys/Catelyn deserved rape.

I saw recently they did. I, however, have had a week long debate with a Robert Baratheon rape apologist which also included another person saying Myrcella and Tommen deserved to die because women who cheat on their husbands and produce children are the worst human beings alive. It was not a debate I expected to have to have. 

6 minutes ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

I saw recently they did. I, however, have had a week long debate with a Robert Baratheon rape apologist which also included another person saying Myrcella and Tommen deserved to die because women who cheat on their husbands and produce children are the worst human beings alive. It was not a debate I expected to have to have. 

People will express themselves on social media with a frankness you would never encounter face to face.

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

People will express themselves on social media with a frankness you would never encounter face to face.

Recently a cricketer's five year old daughter got rape threats due to the said cricketer's team not performing to its great expectations and standards. 

Sick pervs. 

9 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

You're in the luck. I had to read that actually Cersei was Robert's rapist. Because apparently two people can simultaneously rape each other, and because Robert was drunk he was being raped by Cersei, and anyone denying it was misandric and not recognizing male rape.That was nasty. Luckly moderation nuked it. 

I remember some weirdo kept posting threads about how Davos was the worst father in the series and Maester Aemon was pure evil, how Randall Tarly was a fedora wearing nice guy who got no rewards, Barristan Selmy was a racist bigot and Janos Slynt was the victim of Westerosi elitism, this person is now quite weirded out that that last point seems to have started to be taken really seriously lately

5 minutes ago, Bronn Urgandy said:

I remember some weirdo kept posting threads about how Davos was the worst father in the series and Maester Aemon was pure evil, how Randall Tarly was a fedora wearing nice guy who got no rewards, Barristan Selmy was a racist bigot and Janos Slynt was the victim of Westerosi elitism, this person is now quite weirded out that that last point seems to have started to be taken really seriously lately

Oh to be a 12 year old edge lord

On 10/10/2020 at 4:50 AM, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

I don’t think that Tommen and Myrcella deserve to die, but do you thin’ that paternity fraud is just not a big deal?

9 minutes ago, Bronn Urgandy said:

Janos Slynt is held in low regard, for being born as a peasant. I don’t think the rest of that is even close to being accurate.

I mean, Janos Slynt is a child-killing piece of shit, so there's that, but it still doesn't make the nobility's comtempt for his being a commoner a great thing. There is a lot of elitism in Westrosi society and there are a lot of examples of how commoners and small-folk are abused and overlooked to their detriment. I mean, Tysha was horrifically raped on Tywin's orders for the crime of falling in love with and marrying Tyrion.

Which, by the way, I do find it wierd how some defend Tywin Lannister as being a force for peace or good or whatever. Mostly because the realm was prosperous while he was Arys's Hand. It's like, no. Tywin may have been a good Hand, but he was an awful, shitty, moral wreck of a human being. Thousands and thousands of innocent people are dead because Tywin gave his underlings orders to kill them. Tyrion did Planetos a favor by shooting him on the privy.

That Daario Naharis is really Euron (or the other way round. Honestly who knows?).

That Euron is the Dusky woman and is banging Vic for *reasons*

That Catelyn's animosity towards Jon was not due to Ned shaming her by publicly equating his bastard with her trueborn heir but because she was secretly guilty about the fact that Robb was illegitimate due to her having premarital sex with Brandon and lying about it her whole life

That Dany was a changeling or outright imposter coached by Viserys

That Howland Reed is the High Septon (Sparrow)

That Qhorin Halfhand was really Gerold Hightower because one of the Kingswood brotherhood once put an arrow through Hightower's hand and Qhorin lost two fingers catching a wildling axe aiming to split his skull open so it's cast iron proof they are the same man (or maybe Qhorin was Arthur Dayne; it's interchangeable because none of the KG actually died at the ToJ and all went to hang out with Elvis)

Anything to do with the CotF greenseers being omniscient timetravelers able to constantly go back in time and effect events to turn out the way they want...despite facing extinction

That Joffrey went to WF as an agent of LF under orders to kill Sansa, his intended betrothed, in order to stir up animosity between the Barratheons/Lannisters and Starks for LF's benefit, only hatching his plan to off the crippled Bran after Jaime had obligingly stumbled into the middle of an intrigue and LF was able to redirect his protege.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, SeanF said:

Blame the show, where Sam suddenly switched to thinking Randyll was a great dad who was unfairly executed.

To be fair, there's a bit of slack between "I hate my father" and "I'm glad my father is dead".

On 10/1/2020 at 6:30 PM, Alexis-something-Rose said:

My favorite character is better than yours debates. Mance is Rhaegar, Jaqen is Rhaegar, Ashara is every female character we can't explain. RLJ is not a thing because it's too obvious. Tyrion was the one who was supposed to be poisoned at the purple wedding. The house with the red door is in Dorne. 

He's not, he's not, she's not. It's a thing. He wasn't. It's not.

I don't know what I'm doing here.

I must say that I've always liked the idea of the house with the red door being in Dorne. Probably because I'm intrigued by Dorne in general, and believe that a lot has been going on there. And also because Doran makes such a point of explaining how well suited the Water Gardens are for hiding royal children, that I think it must have some precedent, and is not just about hiding Myrcella there. Although it could obviously refer to someone else entirely. I think there are enough clues consider it a possibility, but not enough to say it with certainty.

That being said, it generally annoys me when people are so convinced of their theories, that they can't accept the possibility of them being wrong. RLJ is pretty much certain, but otherwise there are still many things that are open to speculation. Some speculation is so wild though, it's hard to believe that anyone could possibly believe it. I don't think that the red door in Dorne falls in that category though.. the lemon tree in Braavos is peculiar, not impossible, but unusual at least. Doesn't mean it couldn't have been there, doesn't mean the house must have been in Dorne either. It could easily have been in.. say Lys or somewhere else. Or just simply in Braavos. But at the very least it raises some questions, considering how Braavos is described, and a lemon tree in Braavos would definitely be unusual. If it's there, I'm hoping to see this house in Arya's POV at some point.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:56 PM, SeanF said:

Blame the show, where Sam suddenly switched to thinking Randyll was a great dad who was unfairly executed.

Just because he didn’t get along with his father, doesn’t mean that he wanted him dead. She also killed his brother, who seemed to be nice to him (Sam said that with Dickon as the Lord, he’d be allowed to go home).

8 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Just because he didn’t get along with his father, doesn’t mean that he wanted him dead. She also killed his brother, who seemed to be nice to him (Sam said that with Dickon as the Lord, he’d be allowed to go home).

Well, after all, I doubt that Randyll Tarly would ever burn in the books because he does not bend the knee to those who he and his lord paramount formerly supported, so it was entirely pointless, unless they wanted to get Daenerys dirty (which is likely).

1 hour ago, Lee-Sensei said:

But, Randyll wanted to “gut you like the pig you are.”

Pretty much any “Z is really Y” ideas.
Anything the order of the green hand comes up with. 

Dany isn’t the daughter of Aerys and Rhaella, and a special mention to her parents being Rhaella & Rhaegar - cheers for bringing this abominable idea to my attention, @SeanF

Jon will be the next NK, Dany the next Aerys. 

There are plenty more...

Archived