US politics: sick semper tyrannis

IheartIheartTesla

28 minutes ago, DMC said:

I haven't been able to formulate anything worthy out of it, but thinking about naming the Rose Garden event I can't help coming back to Seal's Kissed by a Rose.

I'm for naming it the "Hoax" Garden.  Also, I want the PotUS to be made to listen to Lynn Anderson 24/7 until his recovery in thirty days or so.

I know little about US politics and I have little interest in learning more, but I cannot suppress feeling some perverse pleasure by knowing that a government might have "canceled" itself because they didn't take some basic security precautions. It is like the whole cabinet took a trip in a treacherous river in a inflatable boat without wearing life vests, because somehow they though themselves to be good swimmers.

In all the confusion of last week, I forgot that I had ordered a "Bye Don 2020" sticker for my car that I received Thursday, but now I think I cant use it until (if?) Trump becomes better. So yeah, the orange cheeto has me out $7.50..

In the meantime, two good Siena polls out for Biden having him +7 and +5 in PA and FL respectively. These were over the Sep30-Oct 2 period, so who knows in these confusing times if it includes post Trump COVID responses.

16 minutes ago, Ran said:

ETA:

@Fragile Bird Conley's not even the one who said "48 hours", that was a different doctor...

This White House communications shop is a complete zoo run by capuchin monkeys.

Just watched a replay on CBC, where they are discussing the timeline issue. He said 72 hours. Now he’s saying he should have said “Day 3” (Thursday being day 1, Friday being day 2).

They did not go on to show him saying 48 hours and I can’t be bothered to look for a replay on line.

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Just watched a replay on CBC, where they are discussing the timeline issue. He said 72 hours. Now he’s saying he should have said “Day 3” (Thursday being day 1, Friday being day 2).

They did not go on to show him saying 48 hours and I can’t be bothered to look for a replay on line.

I can't help but get the feeling that they're lying through their teeth. 

11 minutes ago, DMC said:

The two of them was a joke in reference to Donald and Melania actually being affectionate with each other.  As for contact with his kids, just because the family is medieval in its nepotism doesn't mean they're in close physical contact with each other that much.  Hell, wouldn't be surprised if Melania and Ivanka had a mutually agreed upon social distancing policy well before covid.

Ah, got it.

No, it doesn't ensure they're in close physical contact 100%, but we know that Trump micromanages everything and we have reports of Jared and Ivanka all over the White House constantly making messes of things. Don Jr and Eric is less clear.

And we already know about them hiding positive test results, hence the questions raised.

3 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

we have reports of Jared and Ivanka all over the White House constantly making messes of things.

I agree on those two, yes, but that's basically because they're his senior staff.

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

I can't help but get the feeling that they're lying through their teeth. 

This guy must have been repeating Conley, the CBC just repeated the bit with Conley saying 72 hours, and that his “correction memo” says he used 72 hours when he should have said Day 3 and used 48 hours when he should have said Day 2.

I'm no doctor, but I would think speaking in terms of 24, 48, 72, etc hours would be more medically relevant to treatment than day 1, 2, 3, etc would be. For example, Trump's diagnosis was announced ~1:00am if I recall correctly which would be Day 1 comprising of ~23 hours. If he had been diagnosed at 11:00pm that night, it would still be day 1, but only ~1 hour. Huge difference.

I also would hope that doctors would use one term consistently to avoid confusion and medical mistakes. Something else that makes me think he was telling the truth the first time.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I feel like there's at least a 75% chance that Trump gives Ivanka a nightly kiss on the lips before bed.

Only if it's a Lord's Kiss. And giving is not in Donald's nature. He's a recipient.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Only if it's a Lord's Kiss. And giving is not in Donald's nature. He's a recipient.

Hmmm...that's not what he's about.  He's famous you know. He can just start kissing 'em and grabbing...because he's famous...

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

This guy must have been repeating Conley, the CBC just repeated the bit with Conley saying 72 hours, and that his “correction memo” says he used 72 hours when he should have said Day 3 and used 48 hours when he should have said Day 2.

The transcript has Garibaldi being the only person to mention 48 hours. 

Honestly, I think they mistakingly told the truth, and got caught out by the fact that the official White House narrative does not match reality. 

Conley is, apparently, a hand-picked successor to Ronny Jackson, looks like he was cast out of central-casting, and apparently there were people in the Medical Staff who felt he was unfairly promoted. (He's also an osteopath, not a proper MD, make of that what one will... definitely not the normal choice for Physician to the President)

So Mark Meadows says Trump is in pretty bad shape:

Path to Full Recovery Not Clear, Chief of Staff Says https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/03/world/covid-trump

He meant to be an anonymous source, but failed. What's with these clowns?

That said, even if Trump doesn't die, a significant amount of damage to him isn't outside the realm of possibility. And I don't see him voluntarily invoking the 25th, or Pence and the Cabinet doing it for him either.

So we are likely to have a President on a respirator. He'll be about as affective with his job as before, though, so nothing to see here.

Archived