US Politics: In A Hypocritical Condition

Fragile Bird

Trump plans to be at the Harris/ Pence debate.

I bet he's been positive much longer than they let on. This was his 7/10 days crisis; before that, he went on merrily infecting everyone, and now he can present himselt as Supertrump who beat the virus in record time.

5 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Trump plans to be at the Harris/ Pence debate.

I bet he's been positive much longer than they let on. This was his 7/10 days crisis; before that, he went on merrily infecting everyone, and now he can present himselt as Supertrump who beat the virus in record time.

How the fuck can Trump be at the debate?

Trump Continues Campaign-Boosting Tweets Shortly Before Walter Reed Departure

STOCK MARKET UP BIG, 466 Points! 28,149. Great News for America. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 5, 2020

….invincible hero, who not only survived every dirty trick the Democrats threw at him, but the Chinese virus as well. He will show America we no longer have to be afraid.” [email protected] Thank you Miranda. Was over until the Plague came in from China. Will win anyway!

WH Cuts CDC Out Of Contact Tracing SCOTUS Nomination Event

Apparently the White House does not want to know the extent of potential COVID-19 spread during a ceremony for Trump’s SCOTUS pick Amy Coney Barrett at the Rose Garden last weekend.

According to a New York Times report published minutes before Trump is set to depart Walter Reed, the White House completely cut CDC out of any contact tracing of guests and staff members who attended the Rose Garden event for Barrett.

A White House official familiar with the plans told the Times that at least eight people, which include the President, may have contracted COVID-19 from the event.

Aaaand... he exited the hospital, upright, with manly, powerful steps, dynamically shook his fist at the cameras, then went into the car.

27 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

How the fuck can Trump be at the debate?

My guess is he'll deign to wear a mask to protect all those wussies and think everything is fine. And nobody will tell him to leave.

Nobody was wearing professional masks, btw, just the normal ones.

That fist pump did it for me. After TWO thumbs-up (thumbs-ups?) no less! That's it, I'm swearing off women and am now officially in love.

A Question That Trump Dodged As He Exited Walter Reed

pooler @hunterw could be heard asking Trump, "Do you think you might be a superspreader, Mr. President?" Trump appeared to hear it but did not respond. https://t.co/S2a3UUVN2m

— David Nakamura (@DavidNakamura) October 5, 2020

Will be back on the Campaign Trail soon!!! The Fake News only shows the Fake Polls.

34 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I don’t want a senator on the Supreme Court, I want a very experienced judge on the Supreme Court

I disagree. Our greatest Chief Justice Earl Warren was a governor of California with no judicial experience. I want politicians on the court. You know, folks who know how bills can get passed and what 's politically feasable. 

I remember years back when the Supreme Court said the University of Michigan that of course Affirmative Action could be used In admissions it just struck down every law and rule imaginable to meet that goal. If only Congress and other Democratic institutions could think of a better law. Silly politicians. Super wise judges. Now watch enrollments of nonwhites drop.

Just Friday in Michigan our Supreme court just struck down all of Whitmer's Covid related emergency declarations. In their opinion they expressed that there were many avenues available for the Governor and the Republican Congress to work together on a compromise. Sounds like a reasonable statement which could only be made by judges who have never had to get bills passed. Silly politicians. Super wise judges. Now watch more people die.

I say pack the court. Double or triple it's size. Make every new justice a lifelong Democratic politician with no judicial experience. We are In a partisan world now. Time to give legislative authority back to those who do the job.

48 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I don’t want a senator on the Supreme Court, I want a very experienced judge on the Supreme Court

I agree, but if said judge has no chance of being confirmed then you have to get political.

49 minutes ago, DMC said:

It's irrelevant who he nominated, McConnell wasn't budging for anybody.

Probably, but picking a Democratic Senator who is popular with Senate Republicans was probably his best chance of getting someone through.

32 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

My guess is he'll deign to wear a mask to protect all those wussies and think everything is fine. And nobody will tell him to leave.

Nobody was wearing professional masks, btw, just the normal ones.

That fist pump did it for me. After TWO thumbs-up (thumbs-ups?) no less! That's it, I'm swearing off women and am now officially in love.

Pence mistook the plexiglass for a condom and thus had to object.

He's the OG super-spreader. He can use the authority of the President to man-spread virus wherever he wants in our lovely country.

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I agree, but if said judge has no chance of being confirmed then you have to get political.

Probably, but picking a Democratic Senator who is popular with Senate Republicans was probably his best chance of getting someone through.

Nah. He's only chance of really filling the seat would've been picking an old school, socially liberal, moderate Republican that is personal friends with multiple members of the GOP senate caucus; like Olympia Snowe. But that would cause the riot of all riots among Democrats, and the gain there wouldn't really be that great. You're getting someone who won't be on the court that long and who'll still rule against the left quite a bit (though not nearly as much as Gorsuch, so there is that).

Y'all must watch how dear leader arrived at the WH, took off his cheap mask, turned around, flanked by 4 flags, with stage lights and all (Perron would have been proud), then saluted the helicopter, then turned and went in, on his holy mission to spread the love... MAGA!

3 minutes ago, Fez said:

Nah. He's only chance of really filling the seat would've been picking an old school, socially liberal, moderate Republican that is personal friends with multiple members of the GOP senate caucus; like Olympia Snowe. But that would cause the riot of all riots among Democrats, and the gain there wouldn't really be that great. You're getting someone who won't be on the court that long and who'll still rule against the left quite a bit (though not nearly as much as Gorsuch, so there is that).

I get the logic, but it only works with the benefit of hindsight. Obama had to have been just as shocked as anyone that Hillary lost. You'd only pick a Republican like that if you knew it would be better than a hard right Republican pick.

Trump's going to come out wheezing, thanks Biden for his thoughts, and become a fucking hero to Republicans. That's the real October surprise.

But, yes, Biden has others to control this narrative for him! I just wish they would have done it. Biden's entire campaign is a prevent defense. 

Trump has bravely bragged about his refusal to use condoms as well as a mask. Apparently, he said STDs were his Vietnam Nam, because he had bone spurs and the poor guy was unable to serve. Anyone want to work in the White House now? It’s like Donald Trump on steroids:)

present himselt as Supertrump who beat the virus in record time

his thesis is aptly described in zizek's sublime object of ideology:

In the Stalinist vision, the Communists are 'men of iron will,' somehow excluded from the everyday cycle of ordinary human passions and weaknesses. It is as if they are in a way 'the living dead,' still alive but already excluded from the ordinary cycle of natural forces - as if, that is, they possess another body, the sublime body beyond their ordinary physical body.

take away the left politics, and all that's left is undead.  what was that about rick grimes?

Archived