Gared

Nadden

I am following the story arc of Gared, the first character we are introduced to, from the AGOT prologue. We see that he left the Wall approximately nine days prior to arriving at the Wildling‘s camp. We also learned later that he had visited Craster’s keep a day before arriving at the Wildings camps. After Ser Waymar Royce and Will are killed, reading the obvious clues, we see that Gared was apprehended south of the wall near Winterfell. He was considered a deserter and beheaded. His head was, later, sent to Jeor Mormont at the Wall. 

Are there any theories out there about the tension between Waymar and Gared. I believe that it is more than just a general dislike of one another. I believe something happened at Craster’s keep.

Also, can anyone prove that Gared has the ability to warg?

I’ve developed, a complete (albeit some holes), interesting, and  detailed story arc for Gared. 

Is anyone interested in taking a short journey of discovery with me? 

I can start by telling you 2 things Gared is absolutely connected to the dead Direwolf found after his beheading and that he returned to Craster’s keep.

I feel like the pattern of his story arc is very revealing to the overall patterns of the series. And the archetype of his character reveals and/or supports the missing pieces of the histories and legends that so many people of the fandom have already revealed.

hello! it's an interesting idea, but i don't know if you will have much action on this side of the forum ...
i would suggest you get this thread moved to the general asoif group where people are totally hungry for new discussion topics.  or just re-start this thread in there.
personally, i would love to read more on your theory of gared & the mother direwolf.  i oft wondered how/why the direwolf ended up on the south side of the wall.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:11 AM, Yaya said:

hello! it's an interesting idea, but i don't know if you will have much action on this side of the forum ...
i would suggest you get this thread moved to the general asoif group where people are totally hungry for new discussion topics.  or just re-start this thread in there.
personally, i would love to read more on your theory of gared & the mother direwolf.  i oft wondered how/why the direwolf ended up on the south side of the wall.

agreed! I want in in this discussion

Archived