Mrs/Lady Jon Snow

TheLastWolf

We have had Jonsa, Jonarya, and Jonelyn and all kind of BS from gross incest to naughty stepmom. So a serious ship thread was needed. 

JON YGRITTE 

Ygritte may not be dead. We never saw her getting buried or burnt. Well, we know from Jon's POV that she was burnt. But what if she survived? And there was this thread about the caves where they made love being linked to Winterfell crypts and pools, Gendel and Gorne's way, Arianne's COTF cave, Bloodraven's COTF cave, High heart weirwood grove etc

Strike hard and true, crow, or I'll come back and haunt you.

You're mine. Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we'll live

Somehow she might've survived. Bloodraven magic. Part of his and COTF's plans. Like Coldhands. Maybe Benjen too. Or Rh'llor (Meli) . Or Others. If they are revealed to not be evil.

Ygritte could have been Nissa Nissa if Jon was AAR and Longclaw was Lightbringer (true one). But those are safely eliminated

But all very unlikely I know. Just for old times sake. 

JON VAL

Very probable. Only if GRRM believed in happy endings. Then they'll marry. Settle down. As Wildlings. No lordship or crap. Lots of kids. Happily ever after. 

JON DANY

Phew. Got here at last. 

I think this is least likely because 

Dany acts like a child whenever Barristan goes into flashback mode. 

Don't tell me about Rhaegar losing. I don't  wanna know that. Only winning parts. Wah wah wah! 

My father was mad? Nope. Just slander. By enemies. He was the noblest I know. He was King after all, no? My brother too!? You were testing me?!!??! :whip:

And when Barristan tells about Ned and Tywin, she considers the Starks as dogs. As same as the scum of Lannisters. Like Gregor and Amory. Even after Barry tells how noble Ned was and all. She's brainy enough to understand Barristan's Lyanna Rhaegar story and put it together with Viserys's stories to know that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and possibly even raped her. But still, he's her noble brother. Like a child throwing tantrums. Excusable, but bad for a wannabe queen. 

So unlikely she'll fall in love with Jon, being Ned's son and all. And also how the abomination went. But there all lot of references. The blue flower in ice wall. Wolf Howling in Dothraki sea when Jon dies and goes into Ghost (apparently only) 

And paternity may play an important role. Pls don't debate RLJ. Go with the parentage you like. Mance Lyanna if Val or Ygritte would be symbolic of him embracing wildling heritage. If Rhaegar Lyanna, then Dany or Arianne (no marraige for love, only alliance then possible). And so on. If Howland Reed, Meera option close. She's For Bran then. If Meera someone else's daughter, ok. No parentage theory can be dismissed offhand though. Pls let this topic not be RLJ 168.

So anything is possible. Any more possibilities? Jon-Gatehouse Ami is serious nono though 

Wylla Manderly.  Her outspoken support for the Starks reminded me of Arya, and Jon likes Arya types.  If he needs to marry a Northerner, Wylla Manderly would be a good choice.

Meera Reed.  Probably not marriage material, but I like the idea of a romance between them.   She's another Arya type and her being with Bran means they will probably meet.

I think Ygritte is safely dead, but Val and Dany are possible, especially Val.

5 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Isn't she more in Bran's area of interest?

Possibly, but given his age and paralysis it's not as if he is in a position to do anything about it.  And it's unclear how much Meera is aware of it. 

Besides,  love triangles are so much fun.:D

6 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Isn't she more in Bran's area of interest?

S

8 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Meera Reed.  Probably not marriage material, but I like the idea of a romance between them.   She's another Arya type and her being with Brsn means they will probably meet.

Spoiler

If Howland Reed, Meera option close. She's For Bran then. If Meera someone else's daughter, ok.

There was this Jon Meera twins tinfoil too...

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Terrible Writing Advice, is that you?

:lol:

6 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

S

Hide contents

If Howland Reed, Meera option close. She's For Bran then. If Meera someone else's daughter, ok.

There was this Jon Meera twins tinfoil too...

I'm aware of it.  Tinfoil is right.

22 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Wylla Manderly.  Her outspoken support for the Starks reminded me of Arya, and Jon likes Arya types.  If he needs to marry a Northerner, Wylla Manderly would be a good choice

ARYA TYPE 1

22 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Meera Reed.  Probably not marriage material, but I like the idea of a romance between them.   She's another Arya type and her being with Bran means they will probably meet.

ARYA TYPE 2

23 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I think Ygritte is safely dead, but Val and Dany are possible, especially Val.

ARYA TYPE 3

DANY => ARYA TYPE 4

ARYA HERSELF FOR INCEST SUPPORTERS (JONARYA)

But Meera Bran is possible only if Bran gets a divorce from the tree and walks

So far... 

Dany

Arya and Sansa for incest supporters 

Val

Meera

Ygritte 

Dacey Mormont 

Wylla Manderly 

Asha Greyjoy 

And now... 

Myrcella. 

She's smart. Disfigured. Was beautiful. Jon loved Ygritte despite her physical flaws. Myrcella is like Alysanne and Jon's like Jaeherys. 

And what better way to reconcile Starks and Lannisters?

Apart from Sansa falling in love with Tyrion. I'm serious there.

She'll understand that he was the only kind one despite being branded a monster. She already had. But put it away as Lannister acting. Tyrion was kind to her truly and saved her from Joff too. I'll love to see them both together. 

While I don't think Jon will get married, I agree with Nevets, Wylla Manderly would be a good choice for a smart northern marriage. Maybe Alys Karstrak if her hubby gets axed. I don't know why, but I kinda like the idea of Jon and Alys together, so Sigurn needs to hurry up and die already :P.

22 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

JON DANY

Phew. Got here at last. 

I think this is least likely because 

Dany acts like a child whenever Barristan goes into flashback mode. 

Don't tell me about Rhaegar losing. I don't  wanna know that. Only winning parts. Wah wah wah! 

My father was mad? Nope. Just slander. By enemies. He was the noblest I know. He was King after all, no? My brother too!? You were testing me?!!??! :whip:

And when Barristan tells about Ned and Tywin, she considers the Starks as dogs. As same as the scum of Lannisters. Like Gregor and Amory. Even after Barry tells how noble Ned was and all. She's brainy enough to understand Barristan's Lyanna Rhaegar story and put it together with Viserys's stories to know that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and possibly even raped her. But still, he's her noble brother. Like a child throwing tantrums. Excusable, but bad for a wannabe queen. 

So unlikely she'll fall in love with Jon, being Ned's son and all. And also how the abomination went. But there all lot of references. The blue flower in ice wall. Wolf Howling in Dothraki sea when Jon dies and goes into Ghost (apparently only)

Adding to this (reasons why I don't think Dany Jon is likely and why I dislike it too)

• Drogo. Dany is really bad in choosing guys to love. Sure, she wasn't married to Khal Drogo of her own will, but she came to love him. Her sun and stars. The man who led 100,000 rapists, pillagers and murderes (all for no reason, like the Mongols they are based on). So bad choice No.1
  • Daario. Is she nuts? She wasn't mad enough to marry him, thank all the million useless gods of Planetos. But she fell in love with him. She understood how sadistic, fickle and cruel he is/was and yet she persisted. And no excuses of being a starstruck teen who loves romantic and dangerous people. Alyssane Targaryem had been a teen, and she was wiser at that time then Dany ever will be, I guess.
  • Hizdahr. She should have left for Westeros with Quentyn Martell. He was dull, accepted, but when she married Hizdahr for duty, why couldn't she do the same with Quentyn. 50000 swords for one dull homely boy  husband who with luck could also be gotten rid of in war. And she has her own swords too, +8000/10000. Plus she'd have met the GC and fAegon. +10000. Plus all those lords who'll flock to her banners in Westeros for innumerable reasons. + at least anotther 50k. Hizdahr was cruel. Might be the Harpy or its stooge. And with his slavery interests, he is truly cruel and evil. All Ghiscari slavers are cartoonishly evil (cartoonish but true). Bad choice 2
  • Next i supect it will be Euron. Dragonbinder as a gift for instance. Victarion is just a stupid catspaw. Euron is devishly handsome and evil incarnate. Ultimate Daario (like Ben 10)

Hope she makes a sensible choice next time, but it's unlikely given her record

I thought of listing Dany's suitors/ future suitors/ future husband/s in the OP, but that will go forever and has been done to the death anyway

Shireen Baratheon

They seem to get along. Depending of what theories you choose to believe it could work out politically. Stannis likes Jon to a point or at the very least has a certain amount of respect for him. Jon is quick to defend her against Val's concerns. It could work out if Stannis wins. It almost certainly won't but I don't think Shipping particularly cares about how realistic something is.

22 hours ago, silverwolf22 said:

George rr Martin does believe in happy endings he isn’t a cynic he is a romantic realist

Name one story he has ever written with a happy ending. Especially where someone is happy and in love. I'll save you the trouble, no such story exists.

Hell, 80% of his stories don't even END in any recognizable way, they just STOP, often in the most jarring, emotionally gutting way he can imagine and you go "what the fuck did I just read?"

Archived