Archipelacon II June 26-29, 2025

We are happy to announce that Archipelacon 2 will be organised on June 26-29, 2025! The venue will be the same as for the first Archipelacon, Alandica. Details about memberships, hotels and other practical things will be announced at a later date.

For those who have volunteered for the concom: We are going to start going through the applications soon, and will contact every one of you before the end of the year.

Archipelacon I was the best con I've ever been too.  I can't tell you how excited I am for a repeat.  also 2025 has a good chance of global travel being ok again.

Provided I'm still alive (and given this year that's not guaranteed)  I will be there even if I have to swim.   If I'm already dead I'll be haunting the place if possible.

Ok so I know its too early to make firm commitments but I'll start a couple of lists

Interested in going

Pebble

Wolfgang

Ran and Linda

DaveAx  (maybe)

Williamjm

Werthead

Nyless33

Toft

Lil Red Head +1  (maybe)

Interested in being part of any Cabin / Campsite group  (just like last time)

Pebble

Wolfgang

Toft

Hi Pebble,  It would be super helpful for those of us unfamiliar to know what country this is in and if there is a website for the convention?  2025 seems so far away!  But hopefully the virus long over by that point and borders open again and people able to travel.

2 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

Hi Pebble,  It would be super helpful for those of us unfamiliar to know what country this is in and if there is a website for the convention?  2025 seems so far away!  But hopefully the virus long over by that point and borders open again and people able to travel.

Archipelicon is in Mariehamn on the Åland islands.  This is between Stockholm and Helsinki.  You can get a ferry from either.   It also has a small airport.

The website at the moment is still showing the 2015 con, but it is all being held the same place  http://www.archipelacon.org/

Yes 2025 is a long way in the future, hell I'll be retired by then lol.  But I'm serriously excited.

15 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

There's a thread about the first Archipelacon in 2015 here:

I think most of us mainly went to the first one because GRRM was going to be there, but it was a lot of fun and it's a nice location. I'm definitely keen on going to the second one even without knowing who the guests are going to be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sweetie and I are a tentative maybe. I have to say I've been enjoying not going places over the last year and having an empty calendar was a joy. But of course we are creatures of habit and the calendar is filling in again. :D

With the high praise from Pebble and our goals of seeing more of Europe, it's definitely something I could see us doing. So put us in the "Ooo, that sounds interesting and we'll look forward to hearing more" category.

Archived