Another Stark Hate Post

CamiloRP

16 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

whaaa..? please explain

Just now, Frey family reunion said:

Heh, well admittedly rape may be too strong.  

It’s doubtful that Bran really thought it through.  Other than he may be having feelings for Meera that were going beyond friendship.  Which is why he felt strange about the idea of using Hodor to hold her (and pet her and name her George :D for anyone who gets this reference)

I dunno. The Bran will warg into Hodor and rape Meera thing has been going around for a long while now. I don't see it. Sure he's crushing on Meera. He's approaching that age(and Martin's child character seem to sexually mature early anyway) and she's the only thing female around him. He's warged into Hodor for understandable, but selfish reasons already. That does set him on a VERY slippery slope morally. But it's a large leap to say he's planning to rape her in Hodor because of that snippet.

Just now, Lord Lannister said:

I dunno. The Bran will warg into Hodor and rape Meera thing has been going around for a long while now. I don't see it. Sure he's crushing on Meera. He's approaching that age(and Martin's child character seem to sexually mature early anyway) and she's the only thing female around him. He's warged into Hodor for understandable, but selfish reasons already. That does set him on a VERY slippery slope morally. But it's a large leap to say he's planning to rape her in Hodor because of that snippet.

Yea I agree.  Bran really didn't think it through.  The problem is if Bran was having these feelings for Meera it's not a great leap that he would have expressed them through Hodor.  And well, I don't think things would have gone very well at that point.

16 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Heh, well admittedly rape may be too strong.  

It’s doubtful that Bran really thought it through.  Other than he may be having feelings for Meera that were going beyond friendship.  Which is why he felt strange about the idea of using Hodor to hold her (and pet her and name her George :D for anyone who gets this reference)

ohh... Was getting really alarmed there. Tho bran being a somewhat entitled noble born boy in a sexist society... I wouldn't put that other type of rape past him, he does feel like Meera is 'his'.

Love Duffy! second best Looney Toon

10 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Yea I agree.  Bran really didn't think it through.  The problem is if Bran was having these feelings for Meera it's not a great leap that he would have expressed them through Hodor.  And well, I don't think things would have gone very well at that point.

Well when you warg into someone else's body and then do anything affectionate to another person... that's beyond creepy. Even something like just hugging her or trying to comfort her in Hodor's body would be distrubing to both Hodor and Meera. But Bran's a child with a disability, and the magic power to... undo some of that but lacking the discipline to know if he shouldn't in some cases. So yeah, very scary place even if it is just... hugs. 

7 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

Disturbingly, Bran may have also considered raping Meera via Hodor.

Not a rape at all.   I love you for seeing this, Man--so many don't.   I think Bran is maybe more powerful than he can control.  He wanted to hug Meera, to comfort her.  He was only thinking about crawling over or jumping in Hodor to do it when whatever it is he sends out to Summer and Hodor jumped over to her.  Bran's just a little guy.  I assume you are a male.  Do little boys of 7 or 8 even have thoughts like rape?  

4 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Holy Cow, I had no idea the idea that Bran got outside of himself really was a rape type scenario.  I will ask you the same question I asked our esteemed colleague @Frey family reunion: do 7 or 8 year-old boys have these types of thoughts.   I was 7 or 8 once.   All I cared about was Saturday Morning cartoons and learning good for nothing subtraction.  And the Monkees.  Gads. 

5 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

Yah I know I might be way too fascinated with this, but do we have the 1st clue that Hodor is capable of rape?  Or not rape?  I can't even remember him saying a female was pretty, much less expressing affection or sexual desire--violence as far as that goes, too.   

Edited point, yah Hodor doesn't say anything but Hodor, but we did see him going about his normal business at Casa Winterfell.  He wasn't accused of any impropriate physicality or stalking or even meanness?   

4 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

ohh... Was getting really alarmed there. Tho bran being a somewhat entitled noble born boy in a sexist society... I wouldn't put that other type of rape past him, he does feel like Meera is 'his'.

Love Duffy! second best Looney Toon

I jumped in too early on that, but the rape word in conjunction with a little boy gets me itchy.  I use the word buzzed for what Bran did to Meera.   He's a baby.  He wanted to comfort her.  That's all.  

43 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Holy Cow, I had no idea the idea that Bran got outside of himself really was a rape type scenario.  I will ask you the same question I asked our esteemed colleague @Frey family reunion: do 7 or 8 year-old boys have these types of thoughts.   I was 7 or 8 once.   All I cared about was Saturday Morning cartoons and learning good for nothing subtraction.  And the Monkees.  Gads. 

I didn't say I bought into it. Just it's been going around on the board for awhile. As I said in another post earlier, I could see Bran warging into Hodor and hugging Meera or trying to comfort her. Maybe even some awkward kiss. Which frankly that would be creepy and disturbing enough on it's own... but yeah, I have a hard time envisioning a ten year old conceiving of raping someone as you say.

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I didn't say I bought into it. Just it's been going around on the board for awhile. As I said in another post earlier, I could see Bran warging into Hodor and hugging Meera or trying to comfort her. Maybe even some awkward kiss. Which frankly that would be creepy and disturbing enough on it's own... but yeah, I have a hard time envisioning a ten year old conceiving of raping someone as you say.

Thanks very much for that.   I was really worried.  Boys are half of the people in Elementary school.  That any child's thoughts would be so far from my own at that age is a terrifying thought.  

40 minutes ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

I’ve never understood anyone treating characters like they were sports teams.

That's actually the best way to put it, and yes, it's ridiculous.

Archived