Thoughts and opinions on Margery?

Alyn Oakenfist

So Margery is a bit of a weird character. On one hand she seems a very sweet person, but on the other hand she is the clear prodigy of Olenna. So it's pretty hard to get a wrap on her. Also there does seem to be a massive Tyrell conspiracy in the background, possibly intending to declare Marge's marriage to Tommen null and void so that she can move on to Aegon. So what do you think of her?

Its hard for me to see where her story is going. As for her personality, I think like you said, she is a prodigy of Olenna. Shes somewhat good at playing the game of thrones, but still has much to learn and needs more experience. What she does I think is entirely just trying to benefit and elevate her house, in some ways she is just a tool of the Tyrells, but i think a willing tool. As for her moving on to Aegon, it would be advantages for Aegon to marry her and the power of Highgarden, but looking at Aegons personality, I don't know if he would want to marry a women who was thrice married, and accused of infidelity even if proven innocent. Plus I think Aegon would probably want to wait for Danny, I think he really needs to tame a dragon in order to prove his legitimacy (which I think is probably gonna end in disaster, Aegon gonna be dragon food in my opinion).   

I think she's not a schemer but is learning to be one, and does what other schemers tell her knowing it's part of a scheme. She's basically the Sansa to Olenna's Littlefinger. 

On her marrying Aegon, I find it very unlikely. I think it would be hard to marry a twice widowed maiden, she managed to marry Tommen bc of her political leverage, but now she's not only a twice widowed maiden, but she's accused of adultery, and for her to marry Aegon she would need an annulment, which, let's be frank, the High Sparrow is not gonna grant, or become a three times widow, which would make hre absolutely unmarriable (for high lords at least, she could marry someone like a Fossoway or something)

9 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So Margery is a bit of a weird character. On one hand she seems a very sweet person, but on the other hand she is the clear prodigy of Olenna. So it's pretty hard to get a wrap on her. Also there does seem to be a massive Tyrell conspiracy in the background, possibly intending to declare Marge's marriage to Tommen null and void so that she can move on to Aegon. So what do you think of her?

A master seductress taught how to manipulate men by the best in the business -- Lady Olenna and Lady Taena Merryweather.

She was never in any danger from Joffrey. In fact, she had him wrapped around her little finger (Har!). He was the one who was in danger as they were going to bump him off as soon has Margy birthed an heir or two, giving complete control of the Iron Throne to the Tyrells. Too bad Joff spoiled the plan.

35 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

A master seductress taught how to manipulate men by the best in the business -- Lady Olenna and Lady Taena Merryweather.

Maybe Osney was seduced and not the other way around? Triple agent. For LF, Cersei and Margaery? 

:dunno:

22 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Maybe Osney was seduced and not the other way around? Triple agent. For LF, Cersei and Margaery? 

:dunno:

Oh, she's seducing him alright, but not with actual sex, and not to get him to do anything specific:

"She's always touching him when they talk, he says. Straightening the clasp on his cloak, brushing back his hair, and like that. One time at the archery butts she had him show her how to hold a longbow, so he had to put his arms around her . . ."

"But?"

"They are never alone. The king's with them most of the time, and when he's not, there's someone else.   . . ."

I'm certain Margy knows exactly what Osney is up to, having heard the whole scheme from Lady Taena.

Archived