US Politics: The Motorcade of Madness

Durckad

Just depressing really. Pence just defending Trump's record. Harris had a couple of good moments but overall not putting out clear vote winning points. You can say you feel for the average family and you have integrity but that's just words. She also didn't really stick much to Trump. 

Well, I had enough. I don't think any of the three people involved did a good job at all. Pence had absolutely zero respect for the women, which is little surprise. Harris's smugness is going to get a lot of sexist dudes riled up. Page had no control of either debater at all.

It was certainly an improvement over the horror that was the Trump/Biden travesty, I guess.

That fly is going to dominate the debate analysis, and that is a good thing for Harris, because while she's had some good point, Pence has just kind of done whatever the fuck he wants and goes unchallenged while Kamala just laughs like Hilary.

Yo, that was a hard BLACK.

30 minutes ago, DMC said:

When you're up 9.5, "nobody cares" is undoubtedly the optimal outcome.  And it's a layup with Pence as your opponent.  Full disclosure - I haven't watched any of this at all, just bored cuz the Yankees suck.

I get that, but Harris is a thousand times better when she's not doing that.

8 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Well, I had enough. I don't think any of the three people involved did a good job at all. Pence had absolutely zero respect for the women, which is little surprise. Harris's smugness is going to get a lot of sexist dudes riled up. Page had no control of either debater at all.

It was certainly an improvement over the horror that was the Trump/Biden travesty, I guess.

And racists

How dare this uppity black femoid be smug around that white man?

5 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

That fly is going to dominate the debate analysis, and that is a good thing for Harris, because while she's had some good point, Pence has just kind of done whatever the fuck he wants and goes unchallenged while Kamala just laughs like Hilary.

Yep. Which wouldn’t be nearly be as bad if she was a man acting smug, it wouldn’t be as big an issue of course, but you gotta try to play the field you’re on instead of the one you want.

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

And racist.

How dare this uppity black femoid be smug around that white man?

Yep. Which wouldn’t be nearly be as bad if she was a man acting smug, it wouldn’t be as big an issue of course, but you gotta try to play the field you’re on instead of the one you want.

To me the bigger issue with it is she is just pausing, smiling and laughing rather than ripping Pence's face off. He just keeps dancing around the questions except when he answers with a bald face lie. The Dems are not going to lose a single vote by going hard at Pence, so it's ridiculous that she is playing so safe.

This debate was worse than the first, if only because "the moderator" here is somehow even less effective than Chris Wallace. Pence just talks over her and she doesn't even offer any speck of criticism or pushback for Pence's blatant lying or Harris's dodginess on some questions. FFS, Pence just said that Harris and Biden were trying to create some "new mail in voting system" for the election... which is just so fucking absurdly dishonest. And she says nothing. Wallace, despite his protestations that he would not fact check, he actually did do it on some of the more ridiculous lies.

Pence looks good because he's just allowed to do and say whatever he wants. I'm guessing most will say he won this fucking travesty because he was allowed to just steamroll over both the moderator and Harris with lies and dishonesty. He got some good digs in too, but again mostly because of his preternatural lying.

But I guess at least they weren't yelling at each other, amiright?

6 minutes ago, Durckad said:

This debate was worse than the first, if only because "the moderator" here is somehow even less effective than Chris Wallace. Pence just talks over her and she doesn't even offer any speck of criticism or pushback for Pence's blatant lying or Harris's dodginess on some questions. FFS, Pence just said that Harris and Biden were trying to create some "new mail in voting system" for the election... which is just so fucking absurdly dishonest. And she says nothing. Wallace, despite his protestations that he would not fact check, he actually did do it on some of the more ridiculous lies.

Pence looks good because he's just allowed to do and say whatever he wants. I'm guessing most will say he won this fucking travesty because he was allowed to just steamroll over both the moderator and Harris with lies and dishonesty. He got some good digs in too, but again mostly because of his preternatural lying.

But I guess at least they weren't yelling at each other, amiright?

Like I said before, hook them up to an electrical cord and zap them when they won't stop talking.

Ok, so that fly appears like it will be the most newsworthy aspect of this debate.  For Westworld fans, I'm wondering if that was Jonah Nolan's way of demonstrating to us that the Mike Pence host will never gain sentience?

7 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I was wondering what would have happened if someone switched off absolutely every light except the podium ones, to make it look like Pence was all alone with Harris and the moderator.

Archived