Sun and Moon

The link takes you to a lengthy talk about the identity of Azor Ahai.  It also covered a lot of topics related to ancient history.  In summary,

1. Daenerys is Azor Ahai.
  2. The dragons are her Lightbringer.
  3. The Glass Candles are possibly weapons which signals a warning when the white walkers are active again.
  4. Maiden-Made-Of-Light is the Sun.
  5. Lion Of The Night is the Moon.

I wish to elaborate on #4 and #5.  Daenerys is the Sun.  Bran is the Moon.  They are not going to marry but they represent the halves which dominate all life on this world.  Night and Day.  Warmth and cold.  Fire and Ice.  The story of the blood betrayal is an allegory for mankind fighting among themselves.  It is not one person betraying another.  It is much broader.  It can even be one species destroying and killing another.  The meaning is like that of Cain's sin.  The Maid hiding her face from man is saying "the light left the world."  The Lion's anger is "the darkness that followed." 

The Lion sent his demons to punish mankind.  I believe Bran will be able to control the white walkers.  The Maid and the Lion will conflict at first.  But being reasonable people, a peace will be negotiated in the end.  Perhaps this involves man leaving Westeros. 

7 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:
  1. Maiden-Made-Of-Light is the Sun.
  2. Lion Of The Night is the Moon.

I wish to elaborate on #4 and #5.  Daenerys is the Sun.  Bran is the Moon. 

Maiden-Made-of-Light is the Moon. Lion of the Night is the Sun.

In Dothraki legends the Sun is a husband, and the Moon is his wife. Also Bloodraven is the Lion of Night/the Sun, because of this:

" "Snow," the moon insisted. The white wolf ran from it, racing toward the cave of night where the sun had hidden, his breath frosting in the air. On starless nights the great cliff was as black as stone, a darkness towering high above the wide world, but when the moon came out it shimmered pale and icy as a frozen stream. The wolf's pelt was thick and shaggy, but when the wind blew along the ice no fur could keep the chill out. On the other side the wind was colder still, the wolf sensed. That was where his brother was, the grey brother who smelled of summer."

The sun that is hiding in the cave of night is Bloodraven. Bran is there with him, together with his direwolf Summer. The moon that was chasing Ghost, trying to talk with Jon, was Shiera Seastar.

Shiera is Cancer, her guardian planet is the Moon, and her heartstone/birthstone is moonstone. She gave as a gift to Bloodraven a moonstone brooch with a shadow-glamour stored in it. In "The Mystery Knight" novel Bloodraven used that magic artifact to look like Maynard Plumm, same as in ADWD Melisandre gave to Mance Rayder a ruby bracelet with shadow-glamour stored in it, that made Mance look like Rattleshirt. Shiera gave to Bloodraven a present that was her heartstone, and he gave her a present that was his heartstone - necklaces with emeralds and sapphires - heartstones of Leo Sign (Bloodraven's sign of Zodiac).

Bloodraven is the Lion of Night and the Sun because he is Leo. Guardian planet of Leo is the Sun.

Dany is Gemini, her guardian planet is Mercury. In Greek and Roman mythology Mercury was the messenger of Gods. Jon is Libra, his guardian planet is Venus, the Morning Star, that's why Dawn of Daynes is Azor Ahai's Lightbringer, because Lightbringer in Latin is Lucifer, which is also a Latin name of Venus. Both Gemini and Libra are Air Signs of Zodiac. Thus the third head of the dragon is also an Air Sign. The other Air Sign is Aquarius. Aquariuses are born in January 21-February 20. Thus Rhaego is the third head of the dragon. Or rather he is the second, and Jon is the third, because on Drogo's funeral pyre Dany placed Drogon's egg first, then Rhaegal's egg, and then Viserion's, so Dany, Rhaego and Jon will become dragonriders in the same order - Rhaego second, and Jon third.

I have no idea what is Bran's Sign, but I doubt that it's Cancer, so it's unlikely that he is the Moon.

After the bone-grinding cold of the lands beyond the Wall, the caves were blessedly warm, and when the chill crept out of the rock the singers would light fires to drive it off again. Down here there was no wind, no snow, no ice, no dead things reaching out to grab you, only dreams and rushlight and the kisses of the ravens. And the whisperer in darkness.

The only mention of a rushlight in the series is in Bloodraven's cave.

The Farthing Rushlight is one of Aesop's fables:

A  Rushlight  in  love with  its own brilliancy, once boasted  that  its  light  was  brighter even  than  that of the sun,  the moon, and the stars. Just then a door opened, and a puff of wind blew it out. On lighting it, its owner said:  "Cease now your boasting.  Be content to shine in silence. Heavenly lights do not blow out.  Know that not even the stars need to be relit."

I think one should be wary of viewing Bloodraven as representing any of the sun, moon or stars.

As Aemon would say, "the false light can only lead us deeper into darkness".

16 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

The link takes you to a lengthy talk about the identity of Azor Ahai.  It also covered a lot of topics related to ancient history.  In summary,

1. Daenerys is Azor Ahai.
  2. The dragons are her Lightbringer.
  3. The Glass Candles are possibly weapons which signals a warning when the white walkers are active again.
  4. Maiden-Made-Of-Light is the Sun.
  5. Lion Of The Night is the Moon.

I wish to elaborate on #4 and #5.  Daenerys is the Sun.  Bran is the Moon.  They are not going to marry but they represent the halves which dominate all life on this world.  Night and Day.  Warmth and cold.  Fire and Ice.  The story of the blood betrayal is an allegory for mankind fighting among themselves.  It is not one person betraying another.  It is much broader.  It can even be one species destroying and killing another.  The meaning is like that of Cain's sin.  The Maid hiding her face from man is saying "the light left the world."  The Lion's anger is "the darkness that followed." 

The Lion sent his demons to punish mankind.  I believe Bran will be able to control the white walkers.  The Maid and the Lion will conflict at first.  But being reasonable people, a peace will be negotiated in the end.  Perhaps this involves man leaving Westeros. 

Something to note.  All of Dany's husbands will die like the moon getting too close to the Sun.  Dragons will come forth after each husband dies.  We will get more dragons in the future.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Barbrey Dustin said:

Something to note.  All of Dany's husbands will die like the moon getting too close to the Sun.  Dragons will come forth after each husband dies.  We will get more dragons in the future.  

Day and night should not mix.  The prophecies already says this.  All of her husbands will die.  Some miracle will happen.  I hope dragons but I don't think so. 

Archived