What would Ned have done if he knew about the wildfire?

Alyn Oakenfist

So obviously Jaime doesn't tell Ned about the wildfire, hating how the man judged him without even bothering to hear any arguments or evidence about what happened. So the question is, had Jaime told him, how would Ned have reacted? My personal guess is that he still would be ungrateful for Jaime saving his life, and judge him for killing Aerys. What do you think?

5 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So obviously Jaime doesn't tell Ned about the wildfire, hating how the man judged him without even bothering to hear any arguments or evidence about what happened. So the question is, had Jaime told him, how would Ned have reacted? My personal guess is that he still would be ungrateful for Jaime saving his life, and judge him for killing Aerys. What do you think?

I think he would be unsure of himself. He likely already disliked Jaimie before hand, not hate, just thought he was a douche or something, and he's way too stubborn about keeping your word, your vows, etc. But he's not evil, he couldn't deny that what Jaimie had done was undeniably good. I think that would definitely shift his moral views in a major way.

5 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Jaime should be thanked for stopping the wildfire from igniting.  But he should be condemned for assassinating his own king.  He already stopped the king's henchmen.  I think he killed them all.  There was no need to murder Aerys.  It was not necessary.  He should have bargained on behalf of his king.  Aerys could go into supervised retirement for his remaining years of life.   I believe this is what Ned Stark and any other good man would have done if he had been on Aerys' kingsguard.

33 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Killing the mad king to stop him from burning thousands of people is dishonorable.

Got to love Ned.

Unless Ned's a mindreader, all he, and everyone for that matter, is a Kingsguard jumping ship at the last moment and betraying his own King he served during the war when he's about to die.

Which was what Jaime was until ASOS came out. 

27 minutes ago, frenin said:

Unless Ned's a mindreader, all he, and everyone for that matter, is a Kingsguard jumping ship at the last moment and betraying his own King he served during the war when he's about to die.

Which was what Jaime was until ASOS came out. 

Yeah, I've always wondered that, given the early draft and Jaime's general attitude in ACOK and AGOT, when did GRRM decided to make him a good guy? My guess is after AGOT but before ACOK

3 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Jaime should be thanked for stopping the wildfire from igniting.  But he should be condemned for assassinating his own king.  He already stopped the king's henchmen.  I think he killed them all.  There was no need to murder Aerys.

Not exactly. Jaime killed Rossart first, then Aerys. It was days later that he killed Garigus & Belis. Since they hadn't set off the wildfire days later, it seems to me it wasn't necessary to kill THEM, and it only served to eliminate the last people who knew about the plot.

Archived