US Politics: Town Hell

Kalbear

Troubling news;

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-local/2020/10/14/Election-ballots-mail-in-absentee-incorrect-allegheny-county-pittsburgh-voters/stories/202010140139

Honestly, the mail-in system may give the victory. Not because of fraud, or deliberate malicious intent, but because of errors like this.

25 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Troubling news;

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-local/2020/10/14/Election-ballots-mail-in-absentee-incorrect-allegheny-county-pittsburgh-voters/stories/202010140139

Honestly, the mail-in system may give the victory. Not because of fraud, or deliberate malicious intent, but because of errors like this.

This is the kind of thing that's to be expected for so many new systems going online at once. There's going to be literally millions of these kinds of errors in the next few weeks. 

Video Shows Conservatives Being Told Not To Fear ‘Voter Suppressor’ Label: Report
“Be not afraid of the accusations that you’re a voter suppressor, you’re a racist and so forth,” one activist reportedly said at a closed-door meeting.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/video-shows-conservatives-being-told-not-to-fear-voter-suppressor-label-report_n_5f873f35c5b681f7da1e183a

A series of recordings obtained by The Washington Post show prominent conservative activists discussing behind closed doors their alarming strategies for handling the upcoming election amid the pandemic.

The videos reportedly depict “dozens of hours” of meetings held over three days in February and three days in August by the Council for National Policy, a conservative group that serves as a network for activists and leaders of several tax-exempt charities. It also counts Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, among its members. 

Read the full report at The Washington Post.

At one event, conservative activist J. Christian Adams reportedly told a CNP audience to “be not afraid of the accusations that you’re a voter suppressor, you’re a racist and so forth.” 

Adams, a former Justice Department official, is currently president of the Public Interest Legal Foundation, a right-wing group bent on funding lawsuits to ensure “election integrity.” He told the Post that he stands by what he said, saying his statements are “accurate.”  

Activist Charlie Kirk spoke approvingly of how the coronavirus crisis will potentially discourage thousands of left-leaning student voters from casting ballots, given that college campuses are largely closed. 

“So, please keep the campuses closed,” Kirk reportedly told a CNP crowd in August. “Like, it’s a great thing.” 

31 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

This is the kind of thing that's to be expected for so many new systems going online at once. There's going to be literally millions of these kinds of errors in the next few weeks. 

Sad but true. 

One of the few reasons despite the polls I fully expect Trump to win. Even at a bigger share than he did in 2016.

I admit I could be wrong, I could be bed wetting, but I think I'm just smelling piss in the bed.

9 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I admit I could be wrong, I could be bed wetting, but I think I'm just smelling piss in the bed.

Or you could just be practicing the same psychological defense mechanism fans of hapless sports teams have been doing for decades:

Anyone else picturing the U.N. guy from Team America who gets fed to sharks by Kim Jong Ill? I mean, really. What are those fucking boy scouts gonna do? Angrily deliver a letter to the militiamen explaining in angry detail how angry their voter intimidation makes liberals? 

The Republican party in California just told the state to go fuck sand when confronted about their illicit voting machinations and not a goddamn thing will be done about it. Gimmie a break. "Send in a team."

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Shaquille O’Neal just revealed on his podcast that he voted for the first time in his life in this presidential election.

I guess, to paraphrase Leona Helmsley, voting is for the little people.

Helplessness, when learned unbidden, is a crippling thing. Do not hasten yourself towards condemnation of others' failings, for in their inadequacies may yet be found the life's blood of learned response. And to learn is to grow. The betterest of all live things.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Helplessness, when learned unbidden, is a crippling thing. Do not hasten yourself towards condemnation of others' failings, for in their inadequacies may yet be found the life's blood of learned response. And to learn is to grow. The betterest of all live things.

Lol, he couldn’t be bothered to vote for Obama, maybe he voted for Trump?

The funniest thing is the fact that he’s been involved in “go out and vote” commercials with the guys he broadcasts with. I thought he was doing the commercials to use his role-model position because he’s voted all his life. I guess his commercial finally convinced him voting was a good thing.

Two of Harris' campaign staff tested positive for COVID last night. The last time Harris was in contact with them was on October 8th, and she was wearing an N95 mask at the time, so she's probably fine and has tested negative today. But she's apparently canceling all her events at least through Sunday. Neither of the staff have had any contact with Biden.

Reading the statement the campaign put out, it sounds like they have things well in hand and have quite rigorous health protocols. It's still unnerving though; I can't even fathom how bad things would get if anything happens to Biden before the inauguration (assuming he wins of course).

8 minutes ago, Fez said:

Two of Harris' campaign staff tested positive for COVID last night. The last time Harris was in contact with them was on October 8th, and she was wearing an N95 mask at the time, so she's probably fine and has tested negative today. But she's apparently canceling all her events at least through Sunday. Neither of the staff have had any contact with Biden.

Reading the statement the campaign put out, it sounds like they have things well in hand and have quite rigorous health protocols. It's still unnerving though; I can't even fathom how bad things would get if anything happens to Biden before the inauguration (assuming he wins of course).

Democrats need to put Biden in an hermetically sealed bubble between Nov. 3 and the inauguration.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, he couldn’t be bothered to vote for Obama, maybe he voted for Trump?

The funniest thing is the fact that he’s been involved in “go out and vote” commercials with the guys he broadcasts with. I thought he was doing the commercials to use his role-model position because he’s voted all his life. I guess his commercial finally convinced him voting was a good thing.

Kinda sad, but it reminded of a quote from a retired football manager, he once quipped that every team has five really big idiots, and one of those would most certainly end up living under a bridge, if they couldn't play football.

So by that logic, Shaq might be on the duller side of things, with a lot of media coaching being spent on him.

Early vote update, 10/15:

Nationally - 17.1 million votes cast. 

Swing states votes, as percentage of 2016 votes cast:

Pennsylvania - 8%

Michigan - 24%

Wisconsin - 26%

Florida - 22%

Georgia - 22%

North Carolina - 11%

Arizona - 7%

Nevada - 5%

I'll post an update every few days, but these numbers are going up fast, particularly in states that have started early in-person voting (like GA on monday and NC today). 

Archived