US Politics: Town Hell

Kalbear

35 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Speaking of children of politicians and sins of the father: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/15/rudy-giuliani-daughter-endorses-joe-biden

Right in time for Thanksgiving.......

Yeah, I saw that too. I wouldn't read too much into it.

6 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Looking at money, the Trump campaign is pulling ads from MN's largest media market, indicating they are running low on money and have given up hope on poaching the state (instead having to defend GA etc.)

They never had a chance here, and pulling out means far fewer ads in neighboring states, as the Twin Cities is the biggest market North of Chicago. 

3 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

:rolleyes:

May this end the idea that Larry Hogan is a stand up guy. What a fucking clown. 

It's a complete joke move.  Why not write in Abraham Lincoln or Socrates?  They're just as dead. 

19 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It's a complete joke move.  Why not write in Abraham Lincoln or Socrates?  They're just as dead. 

Fuck that.

Jesus.

Go big or go home. 

7 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Fuck that.

Jesus.

Go big or go home. 

Zeus really has to be getting pissed off at some poi.....

It's hailing sideways here. Dear God, I mean Zeus I mean whatever that guy was ranting about in the streets, save me! 

Re PA -- OTOH, my friend, whose cancer has returned, and had her first chemo treatment, to which she reacted badly, putting her back in the hospital for several days, cannot take her ballot to the local election board herself.  She no longer trusts the post office to be uncorrupted, particularly in her district.  But  the board will not accept any ballot not hand delivered by the voter herself -- her husband can't do it.  She was utterly determined to stay strong enough to vote against him -- and now she feels again thwarted by these rules gops have made.  This is a woman who has been essentially apolitical, so to speak, most of her life.  Both her husbands were raging 'conservatives,' though er current husband's affiliation changed under Bush-Cheney.  He's a vet and he thought they were utter assholes when it came to the military and waging war.

I have to say that I was both right and wrong about the Affordable Care Act. I insisted the law would grow more popular with time, and it has. Hell, it was popular enough the Senate Republicans couldn't even muster a simple majority to repeal it.  Where I was dead wrong was predicting that, after awhile, Republicans would simply give up on ACA opposition and move on. They might, I told myself, try to whittle it down here and there, but, given time, they'd stop outright trying to uproot the program. Nope. In fact, the nomination of Barrett will no doubt gin up attempts to get the courts to do what the GOP couldn't.

And it's bananas. Republicans have no plan to replace the ACA and never did, and all this opposition does is give Fox News something to scream and Democrats a handy weapon with which to bludgeon Republican candidates in election season. It's a losing strategy, and might cost even more than Republicans imagine. If a super right-wing SCOTUS strikes down even the most private-industry-friendly compromise, Democrats are going to be left with no option other than simply extending Medicare to all Americans, which from a conservative perspective is a terrible policy outcome. Unless of course the court strikes down Medicare as well, at which point we're in la la land.

(Cue replies: "Tracker, we entered la la land in 2016.")

In news sure to infuriate the man-baby mango mussolini (and should note this is preliminary numbers), Biden's town hall got better ratings than Trump per Variety:

Biden drew 12.7 million total viewers on the Disney-owned network, while Trump drew 10.4 million in the same 9-10 p.m. time slot on NBC. Across the entire runtime, the Biden town hall averaged 12.3 million viewers. In terms of the fast national 18-49 demographic, Biden is comfortably on top with a 2.6 rating to Trump’s 1.7.

This was actually part of the Trump campaign strategy, to show he could get better numbers and then use that as a campaign tool to 'humiliate' Biden.

It's a protest vote. A GOP governor refusing to vote for Trump and preferring to vote for Zombie Ronnie Raygun is a-ok with me. If every Republican who decided they couldn't stomach voting for Trump but couldn't bring themselves to vote for Biden did the same, we'd be better off for it.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

So it would be better for him to vote Trump? Get out of here.

Would be better if he had some testicular fortitude. 

Would be better if he voted Green party. Would be better if he voted for Biden. Would be better if he wasn't a fucking clown. 

As is, he's just mocking the process. And maybe it deserves ot be mocked, with these bullshit candidates we vote for time and time again. However, being a politician with a voice he can do a LOT more than write in his idol. 

21 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

In news sure to infuriate the man-baby mango mussolini (and should note this is preliminary numbers), Biden's town hall got better ratings than Trump per Variety:

This was actually part of the Trump campaign strategy, to show he could get better numbers and then use that as a campaign tool to 'humiliate' Biden.

It's even worse for Trump than that, his town meeting was also streaming on CNBC and MSNBC and even those numbers combined with the NBC network ratings, still fall short by almost by a million viewers of Biden's numbers on just ABC.

4 minutes ago, Relic said:

Would be better if he had some testicular fortitude. 

Would be better if he voted Green party. Would be better if he voted for Biden. Would be better if he wasn't a fucking clown. 

As is, he's just mocking the process. And maybe it deserves ot be mocked, with these bullshit candidates we vote for time and time again. However, being a politician with a voice he can do a LOT more than write in his idol. 

It's lipstick on a pig.

Archived