US Politics: Town Hell

Kalbear

Just saw that Jaime Harrison is using that huge haul to run a very unusual ad: very loudly proclaiming the Constitutional Party candidate, Bill Bledsoe, as too pro-Trump, pro-guns, and conservative for the GOP. Smart, trying to drive some unhappy Graham voters to Bledsoe. Wonder if it'll work?

2 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Notice that Kal is reaching back to the primaries because he doesn’t want to let it go :)

I'm doing that because we have data for it. Looking at the general election so far would actually be significantly worse. 

Just now, Chataya de Fleury said:

Current wait times in Cobb with less than an hour until the polls close (Saturday voting day) is between 10-30 minutes at 7/9 polling places, and 45 minutes at the remaining two.

What are the wait times in non black majority counties?

6 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Notice that Kal is reaching back to the primaries because he doesn’t want to let it go :)

Primaries, general, it's all the same really. Voting has never been free or easy, and there's always targets to prevent.

That's how the world has largely worked. :(

3 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Since I live in Cobb, I only check Cobb.

I do note that the two locations with the 45 minute wait times are in the 80% white area. I actually had to find a recent demographic map just to be sure.

Just FYI, per your secretary of state all of that is against the law. 45 minutes is still too long. 

1 hour ago, felice said:

I don't know, I find it quite amusing to imagine Vlad trying to get anything actually useful out of a confused mess of misrememberings, exaggerations, and plain made up nonsense. There'd certainly be a great deal of classified information Trump theoretically had access to, but either didn't register even at the time, or he's totally forgotten since.

They haff their vays . . . .

[Yes, politically incorrect caricature.]

1 hour ago, felice said:

I don't know, I find it quite amusing to imagine Vlad trying to get anything actually useful out of a confused mess of misrememberings, exaggerations, and plain made up nonsense. There'd certainly be a great deal of classified information Trump theoretically had access to, but either didn't register even at the time, or he's totally forgotten since.

This is a good angle. Provided Trump loses the election, the Intel agencies should load him up with a veritable barrage of bullshit misinfo. See what shakes out. If he leaks it wouldn't fit the specifics of entrapment and you can dunk treason on l'orange beesh.

44 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Let what go? That people have had to wait in line for hours to vote in GA?

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/12/923090987/georgia-voters-face-hours-long-lines-at-polls-on-first-day-of-early-voting

4 minutes ago, Week said:

Let what go? That people have had to wait in line for hours to vote in GA?

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/12/923090987/georgia-voters-face-hours-long-lines-at-polls-on-first-day-of-early-voting

I mean I'm sure deep down he still hates USC Football. 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

DMC and Kalibear are the fantasy board equivalent of the volleyball match on top gun. 

Ok, so let's figure this out.  I've never been a fan of Top Gun and most of what I know about the movie and that scene is from other movies/shows referencing it.  So I defer to the experts - who is Maverick, who is Iceman, who is Goose, and who is Slider?

Nate Silver RTed this Twitter thread:

Basically the COVID situation is getting worse and worse in the US, the exact thing a lot of people are unhappy about, re: Trump. Hard to see how this helps him make up ground on Biden, especially with the Giuliani disinfo dump seeming to be a dud (who in the world thinks a text message showing Biden being a caring father to a son dealing with substance abuse issues was going to be a negative? Giuliani, that's who, who seems convinced that Hunter Biden having used 'crack' is somehow disqualifying for his father).

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ok, so let's figure this out.  I've never been a fan of Top Gun and most of what I know about the movie and that scene is from other movies/shows referencing it.  So I defer to the experts - who is Maverick, who is Iceman, who is Goose, and who is Slider?

I laughed just thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

None?

You're sorta like Charlie Sheen from Platoon.

Kalibear is Samuel L Jackson from Jurassic Park, but hopefully he lives. 

I see the Biden campaign is running ads saying it’s a very close election, don’t be complacent. Smart tact to take.

And I see the orange one is saying the entire Biden family are criminals and should be locked up, so he can get the chanting going. I guess that’s the best proof you have that the entire Trump family are criminals, because he loves to project his sins on others.

Archived