Let's hear it for THE BOYS [Onwards to Season 3]

Veltigar

My favorite part of this season was that Homelander was almost on the verge of being a good dad but then Stormfront and the Boys fucked it all up.  You could really tell he cared about the kid after he took him home from the restaurant and talked about how scared he was the first time he was out in public, and you could also tell that he didn't want the kid to end up like him.  But then Stormfront pushed in with the white nationalist bullshit and the Boys launched their attack and it was gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Really loved this show. Can’t wait for season 3. My wife suggested that Homesnder’s weakness will be something with milk. Either not getting milk for some period of time or some weird animal milk. 

I don’t get why the AOC character popped the head of the Scientologist church at the end. I mean, cool reveal, but the church guy seemed like he had valuable info that AOC could use. I’m on the fence if she’s just working for Voghn or is her own force. 

She is most likely working with Vought. It is a “coup from the inside”, as Raynor said, meaning Vought is using her to directly influence the government, and she is doing so by pretending to be the leader of the anti-Voughtmovement. The church leader was boasting about having dirt on dozens of supes, presumably assets for Vought, and he was, to outside appearances, playing both sides, negotiating with Edgar while attempting to give information to his enemies.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2020 at 3:21 PM, dbunting said:

The head popping trait, so two separate supes have it? Didn't expect that so it was a nice way to throw us off. Rather, I assumed the one inmate was the one doing it before, but in hindsight she was popping more than just the head so I guess that's on me for not watching more closely.

I thought they were studying how to give specific powers to adult people instead of babies, and they succeeded duplicating the head-popping power?

Surely someone will appear in the 3rd season with a duplicate of Lamplighter's pyrokinesis.  Casting Iceman from X-Men as the pyro was amusing in a way I guess.

Edited by SpaceChampion

• 5 weeks later...

I'm quite sad. I switched ISP and it was through them I had Prime. I thought about signing back up to Prime, but I don't want to give union busting Bezos any more of my money. So I guess my ride with The Boys is on pause for a while. If I hear the Amazon warehouse workers have been successful at unionising I might sign back up.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zorral said:

These trailers are fully produced and contained The Boys mini arcs.  Have other series done this?

There have been other shows that similar things, but this may be the first series were this extra stuff is on a dedicated youtube channel bearing the name of the evil corp. of the story.